JP-PC supplies

s/n and mac adres for my HP Proliant Microserver N54L

Recommended Posts

Hello, i need some help this is my first time to build a Xpenology, i have all ready download files, but i got stuck on the s/n and mac, i like too have 918+ but it seams too be a problem to get a s/n and the mac,why is that?

For what i understand is that 918+ already have shr in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When modifying the grub.cfg leave the serial as it is and enter the MAC from your N54L. But this is no must-have unless you want to use features like WoL. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jensmander said:

When modifying the grub.cfg leave the serial as it is and enter the MAC from your N54L. But this is no must-have unless you want to use features like WoL. 

Thanks Jens your the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JP-PC supplies said:

 i like too have 918+ but it seams too be a problem to get a s/n and the mac,why is that?

 

The BIG problem would be that your N54L is using an AMD CPU, not supported on the 918 platform.

 

I would advice you to use Jun's loader 1.03b for the 3615 platform, with DSM 6.1.7-15284 (update 3),

this will give you a stable system, and it will not let you update to the 6.2.x by mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bearcat said:

 

The BIG problem would be that your N54L is using an AMD CPU, not supported on the 918 platform.

 

I would advice you to use Jun's loader 1.03b for the 3615 platform, with DSM 6.1.7-15284 (update 3),

this will give you a stable system, and it will not let you update to the 6.2.x by mistake.

Thanks for this answer!

 

 

Maybe for the future, what are the requirements to run 918+ xpenology?

Edited by JP-PC supplies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.