XPEnology Community

Can's see my sever on network

UNSC-117

Question

So I bought new motherboard and cpu, I'm in the process of upgrading my server. But before I start, I'm currently testing new hard ware with new usb key. It boot and I get the happy hacking screen but I'm afraid the Ethernet drivers aren't there.

New motherboard: Asrock Z97E-ITX/ac

this are some of the specs on website about the lan

Gigabit LAN 10/100/1000 Mb/s

Giga PHY Intel® I218V

10 answers to this question

if you want to stay with 3615/17 and willing to test (you want to try a clean install on your new hardware) i can provide with a driver set for dsm 6.2.2 containing the latest intel nic drivers so your nic should work, but there are some limitations about storage

your new board has onyl 4 sata ports but you old system has 8 bays, so i guess i want to use a storage controller in the pci-e slot, what controller and also what you cpu are you using

22 hours ago, UNSC-117 said:

What you mean by this?

"if you want to stay with 3615/17"

just a assumption, as a extra.lzma package for 6.2.2 918+ is already available, the 3615/17 is work in progress and not public yet

My board has 6 sata

never mind, i only had a quick glance on a picture and overlooked the two black sata connectors

CPU i5 4460

yes that's a 918+ capable cpu

20 hours ago, UNSC-117 said:

Why clean install?

because the driver packages are not well tested yet and i haven't seen much feedback

its more meant as test install to see if network and storage is working, if its just sata onbard and ahci then there is no problem at all with storage

its pretty easy to test with a fresh usb and a old empty disk

3 hours ago, IG-88 said:

just a assumption, as a extra.lzma package for 6.2.2 918+ is already available, the 3615/17 is work in progress and not public yet

never mind, i only had a quick glance on a picture and overlooked the two black sata connectors

yes that's a 918+ capable cpu

because the driver packages are not well tested yet and i haven't seen much feedback

its more meant as test install to see if network and storage is working, if its just sata onbard and ahci then there is no problem at all with storage

its pretty easy to test with a fresh usb and a old empty disk

Ok So should i just try the 918+ bootloader? will it accept all 6 sata

So I took the risk made a new usb stick with 918 loader set vid pid boot it up said migratable. Hell with it whats the worst that can happen I would have to downgrade! with old usb stick and spare drive. Anyways so it asked to update that's when I got scared because I couldn't update from 6.1 with old system and when I built this one i made a new stil with loader 6.2 3516and didn't work. Hit installed latest 2 restarts and its up and running! thanks for the help