XPEnology Community

Reboot issues

siri_uk

Hi guys,

I'm running a mortar arctic h270m, i5 7500, 16gb DDR4 ram, 4 x 4tb wd reds, 4 x 2 Tb wd blue connected to dell perc h310 converted to lsi 9211-8i, Intel nvme for cache, 3 usb stick and corsair gold 650w modular psu connected at a UPS. Over the last few days I have been experiencing improper shutdown errors but not much shows in the logs. I have attached a system log around the time of the last reboot if anyone can see any issues or know how to get a complete log I'd be grateful. I'm on loader 1.04b dsm 6.2.2 24922 update 3.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5dc8552a61c82/log%20file.txt

From a quick overview I saw several entries for ATA disk 4 (frozen, failed, etc.). If the system worked fine before you should check your HDD on port 4. Did you run any extensive SMART tests before or got warnings? Does the storage manager show any errors? It must not be the HDD itself. Broken cables or bad connectors can also be the reason. A bad PSU with random power outages or inconsistencies on the SATA cables is another possibility.

From a quick overview I saw several entries for ATA disk 4 (frozen, failed, etc.). If the system worked fine before you should check your HDD on port 4. Did you run any extensive SMART tests before or got warnings? Does the storage manager show any errors? It must not be the HDD itself. Broken cables or bad connectors can also be the reason. A bad PSU with random power outages or inconsistencies on the SATA cables is another possibility.
Thanks for the reply I will strip down all cables and reconnect, I'll put new on disk 4 to be try, thanks again

10 hours ago, siri_uk said:

Thanks for the reply I will strip down all cables and reconnect, I'll put new on disk 4 to be try, thanks again

🙂 To be sure do yourself a favour and mark every SATA connection cable before unplugging, for example with a small paper note or marker. Especially when you use SHR RAID. If you reconnect your cables in different order it's possible that your system becomes "confused".

To check your HDD(s) offline you can use WD bootable diagnostics for usb.

Link: https://support.wdc.com/downloads.aspx?p=2