XPEnology Community

cctv recording

b21playa

CCTV board for IP cams??

Surveillance station supports a lot of cams so as long as yours are on the list you'll be fine.

Oh and you'll need a license to use more than two cams :wink:

This is the camera I have http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291158228133

It's not on the list and even using the onvif setting it fails to connect to the camera. Using IE I am able to access the camera and it's on the same network

CCTV board for IP cams??

Surveillance station supports a lot of cams so as long as yours are on the list you'll be fine.

CCTV is not the same with IP camera system. CCTV is based on TV cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CCTV board for IP cams??

CCTV is not the same with IP camera system. CCTV is based on TV cable

OK. The OP posted in the heading 'CCTV' but mentions in the post he will be using IP cams :wink:

This is probably what led to your confusion.

• 2 weeks later...
CCTV board for IP cams??

It's not on the list and even using the onvif setting it fails to connect to the camera. Using IE I am able to access the camera and it's on the same network

Please note that when you see something, it is not always what you get especially those cheap IP cams in the market, which claim to be fully ONVIF compliant but in fact they are fake. You need to do a checking with ONVIF website whether the manufacturer has submit their products for approval.

CCTV board for IP cams??

Please note that when you see something, it is not always what you get especially those cheap IP cams in the market, which claim to be fully ONVIF compliant but in fact they are fake. You need to do a checking with ONVIF website whether the manufacturer has submit their products for approval.

I've found the most challenging part of using these cheap IP Cameras is what port they are using for ONVIF communication.

Once you locate the port and configure Surveillance Station to use that port they should work. You may have to ask the seller if they know what port your camera is using.

The six I have at my house are all using standard RTSP & RTP Ports but I found them using port 8899 for ONVIF. I have seen 8090 used on some cameras too.

Surveillance Station but you'll probably need a CCTV board and drivers for it :smile:

If you're bringing in existing Analog / CCTV Cameras into surveillance station I would go the route of an encoder. It would appear all of the Axis Encoders (Video Servers) are supported by the Surveillance Station.

Funny... I recently migrated from Blueiris. Had used it for years. Loved some things... hated other things.

The motion detect was always buggy to me and I got sick of running a dedicated box with a quad core @ 45-60% CPU usage when running a mere 6fps/camera.

Consolidated by moving my 6 IP Cameras (5@720 & 1@1080) to synology. Then moved the 2x2TB HDD's over too. Only saw a 2% CPU load increase on Synology during live stream... Haven't looked back... Anyone want to buy a BlueIris License?! Kidding... I'll sell it to a Winders Friend.

Best move by Synology... increasing default license count from 1 to 2. It gave me a chance to really test the unit and make purchases accordingly.

Funny... I recently migrated from Blueiris. Had used it for years. Loved some things... hated other things.

The motion detect was always buggy to me and I got sick of running a dedicated box with a quad core @ 45-60% CPU usage when running a mere 6fps/camera.

I am not surprise at all, because Blueiris is a very CPU hogging CCTV software. Unless Blueiris supports multi-streaming. Meaning when do live viewing, the live viewing resolution is keep at minimum (smaller viewing boxes), in order to save CPU resources.

Tried Blue Iris but didnt like it far too clunky ended up using iCatcher on a windows VM. Worked great only reason i didnt move to SS for a while is I was using a Webcam as a camera and iCatcher supported this. Now moved to SS and using it with 4 IP cams. Works great.