XPEnology Community

Lots of ram usage

ikkeenjij36

Question

Hi all i'v;e got a mass of ram memory reserved in my system,had it befor and resolved it with this solution in this post

forgot that part:

Guys with memory problems add this to the grub.cfg:

disable_mtrr_trim

Example: 

set common_args_3617='disable_mtrr_trim syno_hdd_powerup_seq=0 HddHotplug=0 syno_hw_version=DS3617xs vender_format_version=2 console=ttyS0,115200n8 withefi elevator=elevator quiet syno_port_thaw=1'

Now I got:

total        used        free Mem:          16034         260       15458           3         315       15560 Swap:         11665           0       11665

/proc/mtrr is editable even from a command shell: you can disable register records and/or write new values there this seems to be a Bios bug.
Adding disable_mtrr_trim disables it without losing any performance as far as I know.

So tried this solution agai as per post 249 in this topic...rewrote the usb with those arguments,rebooted but still the sam eissue and it's making my machine slow.

Xpenology runs bare metal on amd 8 core cpu and asus mb

dsm6.1 latest update.

Anyone ready and willing to help me with this?

Edited by ikkeenjij36
forgat something

10 answers to this question

On 11/9/2019 at 8:29 PM, ikkeenjij36 said:

Hi all i'v;e got a mass of ram memory reserved in my system,had it befor and resolved it with this solution in this post

So tried this solution agai as per post 249 in this topic...rewrote the usb with those arguments,rebooted but still the sam eissue and it's making my machine slow.

Xpenology runs bare metal on amd 8 core cpu and asus mb

dsm6.1 latest update.

Anyone ready and willing to help me with this?

Resolved it with this after first tried it on the wrong loader

Now its working like it should

Sorry for not getting to the faq before

status resolved

if its a ryzen it should work with 918+

may be just try it, remove you working usb, crate a new one  with 1.04b for 918+, boot it u p and look with synology assistant if you can find it in network (if you dont install for now you dont have to set vid/pid for usb ,that's only needed for installing the pat file and for now its just about to know if the kernel boots up)

45 minutes ago, IG-88 said:

if its a ryzen it should work with 918+

may be just try it, remove you working usb, crate a new one  with 1.04b for 918+, boot it u p and look with synology assistant if you can find it in network (if you dont install for now you dont have to set vid/pid for usb ,that's only needed for installing the pat file and for now its just about to know if the kernel boots up)

As you see i run it on a 3617 pat file  so its a 3617xs syno

Just rebuild it from scratch after 2 disks faulted

40 minutes ago, ikkeenjij36 said:

As you see i run it on a 3617 pat file  so its a 3617xs syno

yes but your ram problem might be gone on a 918+ as it uses a newer 4.4 kernel (3617 uses 3.10)

if you create a new usb and start in in your system nothing will happen to your disks, as long as you dont install, you could check if your amd cpu does work with a 918+, if yes it might be worth testing further, disconnecting all disks with 3617, add a empty disk and install 918+ to check if it works better with your 16GB ram

1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

yes but your ram problem might be gone on a 918+ as it uses a newer 4.4 kernel (3617 uses 3.10)

if you create a new usb and start in in your system nothing will happen to your disks, as long as you dont install, you could check if your amd cpu does work with a 918+, if yes it might be worth testing further, disconnecting all disks with 3617, add a empty disk and install 918+ to check if it works better with your 16GB ram

Haven't got a spare disk to test to my shame