XPEnology Community

Nanoboot v5.0.3.1 x64 on Virtualbox ACPI

marc_al

Hello,

I have installed Nanoboot on a jail in a virtualbox jail (in Freenas).

I can install Nanoboot and it runs perfectly, but I have seen that the ACPI shutdown doesn't work.

Is a driver missing for the ACPI shutdown? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

Marc

I think you should switch to XPEnology on bare metal and throw away that FreeNAS. I did it and I don't even think of going back. No regrets! (Actually I tested all or most "NAS" OSes and none or better said, not even all combined are at 50% of what DSM is)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

Personally I like the snapshot feature of ZFS. The only thing I use from synology is the download station (rarely) and vpn center (even less then the download station).

Plex runs directly on Freenas...

ZFS is supposed to be safer for the security of the datas.(I have copied a few TB from a synology (true Syno hardware) to my PC and I sometimes had a failure in a transfer (one or two files were wrong with the verification after the copy) and I never had the problem with the Freenas box. That is why I have chosen Freenas instead of Nanoboot on bare metal.

(You also have the possibility to use Nanoboot in a virtual machine that will connects with iscsi to the Freenas and have the advantage of both worlds (but you lose the zfs snapshot for files)

Marc