XPEnology Community

Download Manager Help

kunalraiker

I installed Xpenology yesterday, everything worked like a charm the first time very unusual when I build something :eek:

Thanks to the very detailed guides I found here by members :razz:

Ok now I tried to download a p2p file searching directly from download manager to check the download speed.

About an hour later I got an email from my ISP which was a forwarded e-mail from some regulator about copyright infringement.

I mean seriously!!!! is all download from download manager being tracked, what are you guys doing to download using p2p.

Hi mate, depending where you live in this magical and wonderful world, you could get into trouble if you download a movie from the internet or you could just download thousands of TBs and nobody would say anything.

It's the kind of traffic that's probably being monitored and not the used tool.

Hi mate, depending where you live in this magical and wonderful world, you could get into trouble if you download a movie from the internet or you could just download thousands of TBs and nobody would say anything.

It's the kind of traffic that's probably being monitored and not the used tool.

Based in Australia, funny thing is never had issues with p2p in a 100 years but just this time with this new NAS.

Maybe you should just work on the settings and enable encryption.

It could also be a coincidence :smile:

Do you mean if it was encripted, I would be ok ?

The traffic can be seen as p2p only with some badass firewalls and traffic analyzers when encrypted. Try to use it by default like this.

Maybe you should just work on the settings and enable encryption.

It could also be a coincidence :smile:

Do you mean if it was encripted, I would be ok ?

The traffic can be seen as p2p only with some badass firewalls and traffic analyzers when encrypted. Try to use it by default like this.

I am new to this care to elaborate what settings I need to change on my DSM.

Would this restrict my internet experience ?