XPEnology Community

DSM installed on Raid Array

Devicemanager

Question

Hi All,

I have a Dell T310 with a perc h710 raid with 4 1tb drives.  Bios was configured UEFI.

I change the bios to non uefi and set my usb drive to boot.  All went well and found my synology popped right up.

The software wants to run thru the setup but also wants to perform an update with no way around.  I have the .pat file on the USB and have tried to perform the update with no luck.

Error 35.  I have a feeling it's my disk configuration.

Any ideas?  Thank you!

3 answers to this question

error 35 probably means you have not set the vid/pid correctly for your usb device, check that again.

Not sure what you mean by the .pat file being on the usb, the install process is normally boot with usb then upload/install from the .pat file on local PC drive. Maybe the error 35 is because you are trying to read from the USB which is nominally just a boot loader?

make sure the .pat file is the correct one for the dsm version on the boot loader, if its not then may also fail, also make sure you are 'manually' installing that version 

Another thing to check is your raid controller settings, normally raid controller is set to jbod/it mode and let dsm handle the raid (softraid)

16 hours ago, Devicemanager said:

I have the .pat file on the USB and have tried to perform the update with no luck.

if it offers upgrade/migration then it found the raid with the old system

even if it just starts to install  means it found disk(s) without disk you cant install dsm, the usb is just a small loader, there will be a 2GB system partitions on (every) disk after install, if you defined a raid with the controller then dsm will only see the resulting raid drive (one disk in case of one big rais set but can also be raid0 for every single disk)

16 hours ago, Devicemanager said:

I have a feeling it's my disk configuration.

no, logic speaks a different language