XPEnology Community

File system max size with 6TB WD REDs?

fjf

I just got here and I am warming up to the idea of setting a HP N54L with Xpenology. I have a few questions for you enthusiasts: Is this box compatible with the new 6TB WD REDs hard drives?. Will it go over 16TB of a single raid volume?. With 5 drives possible, a raid 5 could get (in teory) to 24TB, and to 18TB in raid 6. Would be awesome!. Has anyone done something similar?. Would it work?.

I just got here and I am warming up to the idea of setting a HP N54L with Xpenology. I have a few questions for you enthusiasts: Is this box compatible with the new 6TB WD REDs hard drives?. Will it go over 16TB of a single raid volume?. With 5 drives possible, a raid 5 could get (in teory) to 24TB, and to 18TB in raid 6. Would be awesome!. Has anyone done something similar?. Would it work?.

I'm wondering the same too... would be great if we can! :cool:

WD RED 6TB HDD not the list from DSM HDD compatibility page http://www.synology.com/en-global/suppo ... l/DS3612xs .

You may test it and let us know the answer .

Working well with 2 6TB WD RED drives in a HP n54l, using SHR (the proprietary synology RAID 5). No problems so far, except that wake on lan only works within the lan, and not from outside. The drives are not too noisy. Happy :lol: . Used the tutorials on http://www.xpenology.nl/. Great web, full of resources!.

WOL was meant to be used only from the LAN :smile:

Do you know how I'm waking up my machines when not in LAN?

I flashed OpenWRT on my router and installed the Wake on Lan package in it.

There are some guides on the net on how to create port forwards and so on for you to wake up your machines from the internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk