XPEnology Community

Z390, i9900K, ESXI 6.7, DSM3617XS/3615XS Hard Drive Not Found

Lovebird009

Question

Friends, I have Asus Z390 Motherboard, Intel i9-9900K CPU, 24GB RAM, ESXI 6.7 and trying to use DSM 3617XS. I have ESXI on SATA Drive and trying to install 3617XS and 3615XS (Loader 6.2.2 v1.03b) on same drive too. I am getting "Hard Drive Not Found" error and does not let me upload PAT file. HOWEVER, 918+ with v1.04b working just fine. What could be the reason behind 3617XS not working? How can I resolve it?

Error1.thumb.png.5348d60efad9a3aff04b68a0a58b9177.png

Error2.thumb.png.bb3353eba65a077037f885bd41ebc1eb.png

4 answers to this question

*****Surprise When I was selecting 3rd VMWare/ESXI option during first boot, I was getting Hard-Drive not found error. Accidentally, while testing, I did not select option 3 so it selected, by default, option one - baremetal installation. DS3617XS is now working just fine on both of my SATA as well as NVMe drives.  

what asus z390 board? ROG, Strix, TUF Gaming, Prime, WS?

but in general, jun's loader or more the included drivers are not really universal usable for 6.2.2. as synology made chaneges to the kernel config

if you connect a serial cable (null modem cable to a second computer and using a terminal program or putty) you might see whats wrong but for most people that's to exotic

did you use the onboard sata's, are they in native ahci mode (check bios settings)?

if its clean ahci then there should not be any problem because ahci is static in the loaded synology kernel

you might try my new driver package that will be ready in the next days, but as we don't know about whats wrong i cant say if it will help