XPEnology Community

Upgrade DSM 5.2 to DSM 6.1.3 in Hyper-V ?

thekarmola

Hello,

I have a simple question for my environment.

Current config:

- DSM 5.2

- Works now on HyperV as Virtual Machine.
Disks:

- VM Disk: Synology
- Ide Controller CD/Rom disk iso loaded: XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5644.5.iso

- 2x Physical Disks for all of my Data (Formatted in Synology as Raid) yes, it works great!!

Questions:

1. So just i want to update to 6.1.3 without losing any data on that Physical Disks What are the best scenarios for me?

2. On the first page of the tutorial which ISO or Image should i to use in my situation? (i have HyperV)

On 10/19/2019 at 9:20 AM, jensmander said:

DSM 6.x / XPenology is not compatible with Hyper-V due to the lack of kernel support. So you‘ll either have to stick to 5.2 or switch your hypervisor system to ESXi.

Ah ok, thats not so fine. But what i want to do was i have installed 5.2 from scratch and i can't update some security updates or is that possible on 5.2? If i can install some updates on 5.2 then the 6.2 is no really needed. I hope you can help me.

1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

I don't understand that, which pat file update packege do i use on my 5.2 webpage?

I have Xpenology model DS3615xs

DSM verison : DSM 5.2-5644

When i check via the control panel an update is available. Can i update that via controlpanel on my Xpenology or do i download the Latest update packege from Synology and update manually? Is that possible?

EDIT: I have succesfully updated to the latest security package of my DSM. Manullay updated the PAT files. Thank you so much!!!

Edited by thekarmola