XPEnology Community

Help Updating from 4.2 3202 to 4.3 3827

old

I was trying to follow this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2999&hilit=3827

I ssh'ed into the box, and found a .pat update: DSM_DS3612xs_3827.pat. So I guess I can't update this way because I got a .pat file instead of the smallupdate*.* file? This must be a basic question, but I can't seem to find a thread telling me what steps I need to do to perform the update. Can someone point me in the correct direction? Any help or advice is appreciated. PS No Synolocker on the server yet.

I was trying to follow this thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2999&hilit=3827

I ssh'ed into the box, and found a .pat update: DSM_DS3612xs_3827.pat. So I guess I can't update this way because I got a .pat file instead of the smallupdate*.* file? This must be a basic question, but I can't seem to find a thread telling me what steps I need to do to perform the update. Can someone point me in the correct direction? Any help or advice is appreciated. PS No Synolocker on the server yet.

No, you can't update this way as it's a major update rather than a minor update. You'll need an updated boot image from, trantor or gnoboot.

No, you can't update this way as it's a major update rather than a minor update. You'll need an updated boot image from, trantor or gnoboot.

oh okay; thanks dfds. I'll see if I can search around and find those instructions. thanks man.