XPEnology Community

Synology Web Assistant not detecting HDs

Jdavalos

Hi everyone,

New to this Xpenelogy thing. Tried creating a VM running a Synology using both VMware Player 15 and as a VM inside a virtualized

ESXi host. Both cases failed. Same problem. Let's go for the EXSi host case.

Downloaded "XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5644.5.iso" and "DSM_DS3615xs_5644.pat". Changed isolinux.cfg settings (sn, and mac).

Started VM and everything ok. I type "find.synology.com" and the synology is found. I click on "connect", accept the license terms, click

on "configuration". Select the .pat file, click on "install now" and get small windows saying that data in the hard drives will be lost. 

Problem is (see attached image) is there are no disks! It´s in spanish but it should say something like: " Todos los datos del (de los)

disco(s) duro(s) [!here a number, like 1 or 2 depending on how many disks]!..." but it's empty. If i click on 'OK' and it will continue

uploading the .pat file and restarting the Synology but it will end with 'cannot connect' message. After that if I i reboot the VM it

crashes.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Pantallazo Synology.jpg