XPEnology Community

Driver extension jun 1.03b/1.04b for DSM6.2.2 for 3615xs / 3617xs / 918+

IG-88

В 22.04.2020 в 20:58, IG-88 сказал:

...max disk count for 3615/17 is 12, when having 6 sata and 8 by sas it will be 14 and the last two will not appear

with some tweaking of config files it can be extended...

IG-88, do you mean the "SataPortMap=XY" arguments in grub.cfg file, or this tweaking is deeper?
Can you show the thread with this problem discussion?

3 hours ago, Unlicensed said:

IG-88, do you mean the "SataPortMap=XY" arguments in grub.cfg file, or this tweaking is deeper?

much deeper, its not as simple as changing the grub.cfg for a update safe solution, that need changing a diff/patch file from jun inside the loader and unpacking/repacking the extra.lzma

3 hours ago, Unlicensed said:

Can you show the thread with this problem discussion?

you can use the forum search and look up thread sinvolving

synoinfo.conf AND internalportcfg=

also related are

esataportcfg=
usbportcfg=

maxdisks=

you can also look on youtube for "Expand XPenology beyond 12 drives"

Hi all, finally got the 6.2.2 24922 upgrade 6 to work on my LENOVO m82 using a modified loader 1.03b with MBR (with extra.lzma provided by IG-88 in extra3615_v.05). I nevertheless got a driver issue that i'd like to fix before moving forward. I 'd like to grab dv videos from a dv camera. I purchased a week ago a ieee1394 VIA pci card. No available BIOS settings (as far as I know) and lspci shows nothing close to the firewire card. I've read the forum to find out a way to make it work but not joy so far. Can you help me in some way ?

11 hours ago, dr400 said:

Hi all, finally got the 6.2.2 24922 upgrade 6 to work on my LENOVO m82 using a modified loader 1.03b with MBR (with extra.lzma provided by IG-88 in extra3615_v.05). I nevertheless got a driver issue that i'd like to fix before moving forward. I 'd like to grab dv videos from a dv camera. I purchased a week ago a ieee1394 VIA pci card. No available BIOS settings (as far as I know) and lspci shows nothing close to the firewire card. I've read the forum to find out a way to make it work but not joy so far. Can you help me in some way

on what dsm version did you had this working`? with what additional software package (just a driver won#t do it)

11 hours ago, eszerfrm said:

is there any error message or log file I can see and report to you?

there are reports from other forum...

participating here is part of the fun

but it will be discussed here (open) so we all can learn from it

information about the hardware and a complete dmesg log would be useful

8111f is just the normal realtek

8 hours ago, tuanbombt said:

after change some setting in bios

can you be more precise, that might help other people

3 hours ago, foot said:

I have a server with a board supermicro H11DSi-NT and AMD Epyc 7452 processor, is it possible to get xpenology working? tried with the extra v10, but it doesn't work for me. Any solution?

did you try loader 1.03b with juns extra.lzma?

2 hours ago, psphd said:

Is there a driver for solarfare sfn5162f network card ds918 +? I would like to give you a download address. Thank you very much

sfc.ko from the extra.lzma 0.10 is the one from kernel 4.4.59 and supports

SFC9120 10G Ethernet Controller (Virtual Function)
SFC9120 10G Ethernet Controller
SFL9021 10GBASE-T Ethernet Controller
SFC9020 10G Ethernet Controller
SFC4000 rev B [Solarstorm]
SFC4000 rev A net [Solarstorm]

the nic you wrote about seems to be 9021 so it might mot with the driver we already have

did you try?

if it does not and you have a link to linux driver source ...

2 hours ago, Yannis said:

Now it prompts for the Update 6 of DSM 6.2.2-24922... Is it safe to upgrade or it will need the same process again?

yes, you could even use 6.2.3 when you change (back) to jun's extra.lzma (in 6.2.3. the change that made new drivers necessary was reverted so the old packages work again)

il y a 4 minutes, IG-88 a dit :

on what dsm version did you had this working`? with what additional software package (just a driver won#t do it)

migrating from 6.1.7 if recollection is correct ... but on that version (6.1.7) pci card was not recognised either. I upgraded with the secret hope to have it working with DSM 6.2.2. That's the purpose of my request here ...

Edited by dr400

4 minutes ago, dr400 said:

migrating from 6.1.7 if recollection is correct ... but on that version (6.1.7) pci card was not recognised either. I upgraded with the secret hope to have it working with DSM 6.2.2. That's the purpose of my request here ..

even if the controller would have a driver, you just can't install a software package like on a normal linux, its a appliance

how would you work with your camera to get any date to disk?

il y a 3 minutes, IG-88 a dit :

even if the controller would have a driver, you just can't install a software package like on a normal linux, its a appliance

how would you work with your camera to get any date to disk?

not sure to understand ... my objective was to run a VM with linux distro + dvgrab package and with the help of the pci card to connect to cam via firewire and grab the video ...

does syno's VMM support to hand over pci(e) devices to a vm? (pass through)

i'm not going to do this for just one person and one purpose that might not even work

i wrote a tutorial on how to make your own drivers (i started all this by just wanting a button.ko), you can try making your own driver

you just need to compile it and you can load it manually (insmod) before creating a new extra.lzma

il y a 12 minutes, IG-88 a dit :

does syno's VMM support to hand over pci(e) devices to a vm? (pass through)

i'm not going to do this for just one person and one purpose that might not even work

i wrote a tutorial on how to make your own drivers (i started all this by just wanting a button.ko), you can try making your own driver

you just need to compile it and you can load it manually (insmod) before creating a new extra.lzma

pass-through comment is a good point, I don't have a clue on the matter.

I'm certainly not asking you to build a driver just for me. By reading here and there, other people are using firewire card and might have run into the same trouble.

I am considering building it myself (not so sure about my personnal capacity to do it) but I would like to read others' comments whether it is possible or not before going further. Expenology is build on linux, VMM is not even the good option. Once driver is "build" (no the easiest part I agree) it should run smoothly, right ?

One may ask why bother with this, the pb is that the only capable (strong, efficient) machine with ieee1394 is presently my xpeno nas ... 

Edited by dr400

7 hours ago, IG-88 said:

participating here is part of the fun

but it will be discussed here (open) so we all can learn from it

information about the hardware and a complete dmesg log would be useful

8111f is just the normal realtek

It's the problem, 
I can boot in to the happy hacking screen,
but I can't find my machine in "find.synology.com"
I've edit the grub.cfg, set extra_args = 'debug loglevel=15'

but I cant see any log message on the screen

the  NIC is dual Lan... not single Lan.... so I've set netif_num=2

I hope I can use demsg, but I don't know how to use it without boot in...

Edited by eszerfrm

2 hours ago, eszerfrm said:

but I cant see any log message on the screen

log is switched to serial port

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/9394-installation-faq/?tab=comments#comment-81097

without informatin about loader you use and what hardware (cpu, board) ...

most likely not a driver problem

so read faq and maybe this

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

I change something parameter in settings bios below:

Disable Serial Port

Disable vt-d

Enable EHCI, XHCI hand-off

Compability win 7 to win 8.x

DSM 6.2.3, I used only extra.lmza (don't used extra2.lmza) from custrom extra v0.10

=> I can shutdown/reboot normal 

On 4/24/2020 at 9:28 AM, djvas335 said:

1. Yes

2. Maybe corrupt image ? No need to replace anything except extra.lzma

Duh! I did not unmount the USB stick before loading the .pat file. That's why I was getting the error. So after replacing the extra.lzma file, just unplug and plug back in the USB stick, then proceed with update.

Hope this helps others.

21 hours ago, IG-88 said:

log is switched to serial port

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/9394-installation-faq/?tab=comments#comment-81097

without informatin about loader you use and what hardware (cpu, board) ...

most likely not a driver problem

so read faq and maybe this

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

Thanks for your reply

I use GA-J1900N-D3V, it is onboard CPU J1900 (BayTrail) with Dual LAN RTL 8111F
Last time all 0.13b loader(3 differnt, std... syno... recov...) changed driver fail, and I have tried 918+ and 3617 one, that means I've tried different loader with differint driver patch at least 9 files, I don't event know what type would works...
Later I will try recovery 0.13b one again, use 3617 version (change two 3617 file from pat file 24922 version by hand) and try add driver, too (that means I'll try 3 differnt bootloader).  If it still doesn't work, I will try to see serial port message......(I don't have RS232 to USB line yet)

Edited by eszerfrm
add some info

umount /tmp/mountMe

No need to remove usb drive

14 hours ago, Decebalus said:

Duh! I did not unmount the USB stick before loading the .pat file. That's why I was getting the error. So after replacing the extra.lzma file, just unplug and plug back in the USB stick, then proceed with update.

Hope this helps others.

16 hours ago, eszerfrm said:

I use GA-J1900N-D3V, it is onboard CPU J1900 (BayTrail) with Dual LAN RTL 8111F

here is one positive report

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/12867-user-reported-compatibility-thread-for-dsm-62/?do=findComment&comment=139518

16 hours ago, eszerfrm said:

Last time all 0.13b loader(3 differnt, std... syno... recov...) changed driver fail, and I have tried 918+ and 3617 one, that means I've tried different loader with differint driver patch at least 9 files, I don't event know what type would works...
Later I will try recovery 0.13b one again, use 3617 version (change two 3617 file from pat file 24922 version by hand) and try add driver, too (that means I'll try 3 differnt bootloader).  If it still doesn't work, I will try to see serial port message......(I don't have RS232 to USB line yet)

maybe try loader 1.04b, mod it with the rd.gz and zImage from DSM_DS918+_25423.pat (DSM 6.2.3, use 7zip to extract the files) and also copy the extra/extra2 0.10 (overwrite old files)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/28321-driver-extension-jun-104b-for-dsm623-for-918/