XPEnology Community

Driver extension jun 1.03b/1.04b for DSM6.2.2 for 3615xs / 3617xs / 918+

IG-88

6 hours ago, The_Dave said:

ight work in a later version, are you working on that

no, i dont have any new backported source jun used so a cant recompile or anything

you can test the version as it s now and try to confirm its working or not, preferably someone with a serial console would be good for this as he could see whats going on when booting

8 hours ago, IG-88 said:

nothing special about it, r8168 driver is present and recent, if something not working then its not about the nic driver

I tried the 0.5 version for the ds3615 and cant find the server, I always assumed it was the nic

Is there a way i could figure out what it might be?

1 hour ago, peste said:

Is there a way i could figure out what it might be?

a serial console, after initial booting dsm switches the output to the serial port

1.03b loader needs a classic bios or csm mode (when its uefi bios) so you might switch csm on and need to select the non uefi usb boot device (there are usually 2 uefi boot devived and one for csm mode) and soem systems need a mbr loader

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/20270-dsm-62-loader-with-mbr-partition-table/

1 hour ago, IG-88 said:

a serial console, after initial booting dsm switches the output to the serial port

1.03b loader needs a classic bios or csm mode (when its uefi bios) so you might switch csm on and need to select the non uefi usb boot device (there are usually 2 uefi boot devived and one for csm mode) and soem systems need a mbr loader

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/20270-dsm-62-loader-with-mbr-partition-table/

Interesting find, I have a usb ethernet laying around and i connected it to my hp ex485, it works, i was able to find the server and installed the latest pat file.

I guess maybe the ex485 requires a tweaked driver or something?

Hi,

Here, I can't install a version higher than 6.1.7, my machine is an old nas asustor 3104T (https://www.kitguru.net/professional/networking/simon-crisp/asustor-as3104t-4 -Bay-nas-review/3/).
I tried with the original 1.03b loader, but my station is not detected.
So, I also tried to follow your procedure, by taking the file extra.lzma and the zimage and rd.gz files of the DSM_DS918 + _24922.pat file, but my station is still not detected at startup.

9 hours ago, vlotho said:

Here, I can't install a version higher than 6.1.7,

6 hours ago, vlotho said:

was wrong, I took the pat for the 3615 but it does not work.

are you sure you can do legacy BIOS with this asus nas? that might explain why you cant get 3615/17 loader 1.03b to work

-> https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

maybe try loader 1.04b (supports uefi) for 918+ and try the 0.8 recovery extra/extra2 (+ zImage, rd.gz from 918+ 24922 *.pat file)

il y a 3 minutes, IG-88 a dit :

maybe try loader 1.04b (supports uefi) for 918+ and try the 0.8 recovery extra/extra2 (+ zImage, rd.gz from 918+ 24922 *.pat file)

the version for the 918+ detected my nas well but there is no serial generator for this model. I can take the same sn as the 3615 or how to do it?

1 minute ago, vlotho said:

but there is no serial generator for this model

not sure what feature you need that for, can't be hardware transcoding as it will not work with the recovery variety

that would be the alternative

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/24864-transcoding-without-a-valid-serial-number/

4 minutes ago, vlotho said:

I can take the same sn as the 3615 or how to do it?

no

I may have spoken too quickly, the network is very unstable. the network, exterior side.
I access the package center at startup but after 5 min, it remains in load.

2020-02-11T16:05:07+01:00 ServeurNAS cloud-control: [ERROR] service-ctrl.cpp(127): UserHome is not enabled
2020-02-11T16:05:08+01:00 ServeurNAS cloud-control: [ERROR] engine/sqlite_engine.cpp:88 sqlite3_exec error: no such table: config_table (1)
2020-02-11T16:05:08+01:00 ServeurNAS cloud-control: [ERROR] engine/sqlite_engine.cpp:88 sqlite3_exec error: no such table: config_table (1)
2020-02-11T16:05:08+01:00 ServeurNAS cloud-control: [ERROR] service-ctrl.cpp(1245): first time installation, add default application privilege
2020-02-11T16:05:09+01:00 ServeurNAS cloud-control: [ERROR] sdk-cpp.cpp(1637): SYNOShareGet(homes): -1 Error code: 5120
2020-02-11T16:05:13+01:00 ServeurNAS cloud-cleand: [ERROR] engine/sqlite_engine.cpp:88 sqlite3_exec error: no such table: config_table (1)
2020-02-11T16:05:13+01:00 ServeurNAS cloud-cleand: [ERROR] engine/sqlite_engine.cpp:88 sqlite3_exec error: no such table: config_table (1)
2020-02-11T16:09:05+01:00 ServeurNAS syncd: [ERROR] db-api.cpp:726 Init repo (/volume1/@cloudstation/@sync).
2020-02-11T16:11:55+01:00 ServeurNAS synoscgi_SYNO.CloudStation.Server.DBUsage_1_get[22042]: [ERROR] dbusage/get.cpp(28): Failed to get cached db usage
2020-02-11T16:11:55+01:00 ServeurNAS synoscgi_SYNO.CloudStation.Server.DBUsage_1_get[22042]: [ERROR] request-handler.cpp(432): failed to handle API 'SYNO.CloudStation.Server.DBUsage.get
2020-02-11T16:19:02+01:00 ServeurNAS synoscgi_SYNO.CloudStation.Server.DBUsage_1_get[22632]: [ERROR] dbusage/get.cpp(28): Failed to get cached db usage
2020-02-11T16:19:02+01:00 ServeurNAS synoscgi_SYNO.CloudStation.Server.DBUsage_1_get[22632]: [ERROR] request-handler.cpp(432): failed to handle API 'SYNO.CloudStation.Server.DBUsage.get
2020-02-11T16:59:21+01:00 ServeurNAS synoabk-ctl: [ERROR] sdkcpp.cpp:1504(29511,139787460995072) SYNOShareGet(ActiveBackupforBusiness): -1, Error code 5120
2020-02-11T16:59:21+01:00 ServeurNAS synoabk-ctl: [ERROR] sdkcpp.cpp:1504(29511,139787460995072) SYNOShareGet(ActiveBackupforBusiness): -1, Error code 5120
2020-02-11T16:59:21+01:00 ServeurNAS synoabk-ctl: SYSTEM:       Last message '[ERROR] sdkcpp.cpp:1' repeated 1 times, suppressed by syslog-ng on ServeurNAS
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/crc-ccitt.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/crc-itu-t.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/dca.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/e1000e.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/igb.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/be2net.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ixgbe.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/i40e.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/tn40xx.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/r8168.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/atlantic.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/mdio.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/libcrc32c.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/bnx2x.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/libcrc32c.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/crc-itu-t.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/crc-ccitt.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/dca.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/mii.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/mdio.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/libphy.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/atl1.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/atl1e.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/atl1c.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/alx.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/uio.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ipg.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/jme.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/skge.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/sky2.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ptp_pch.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/pch_gbe.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/qla3xxx.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/qlcnic.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/qlge.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/netxen_nic.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/sfc.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/e1000.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/pcnet32.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/vmxnet3.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/bnx2.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/bnx2x.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/e1000e.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/igb.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/igbvf.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ixgbe.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ixgbevf.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/r8101.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/r8125.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/r8169.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/r8168.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/tg3.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/usbnet.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ax88179_178a.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/button.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/evdev.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ohci-hcd.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ehci-hcd.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ehci-pci.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/atl2.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/e100.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/igbvf.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ixgb.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/forcedeth.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/tn40xx.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/be2net.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/cxgb.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/cxgb3.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/cxgb4.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/atlantic.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/bna.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/vxge.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/aqc111.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/asix.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/cx82310_eth.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/et131x.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/i40e.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/i40evf.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/mcs7830.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/pegasus.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/plusb.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/r8152.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/rtl8150.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/s2io.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/xgmac.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ehci-hcd.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ehci-pci.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ohci-hcd.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/igb.ko: Unknown symbol in module
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ixgbe.ko: Unknown symbol in module
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/igb.ko: Unknown symbol in module
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/ixgbe.ko: Unknown symbol in module
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/r8101.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/update/evdev.ko: Invalid module format
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/syno_hddmon.ko: Operation not permitted
insmod: ERROR: could not insert module /lib/modules/syno_hddmon.ko: Operation not permitted
2020-02-12T20:13:34+01:00 ServeurNAS synoabk-hook: [ERROR] dsmcache-ipc.cpp:86(24138,139850923961216) connect to '/run/synoabk/synoabk-dsmcache.sock' failed
2020-02-12T20:13:34+01:00 ServeurNAS synoabk-hook: [ERROR] dsmcache-ipc.cpp:232(24138,139850923961216) Failed to notify hook: app_privilege_set_hook
2020-02-12T20:13:35+01:00 ServeurNAS synoabk-hook: [ERROR] dsmcache-ipc.cpp:86(24141,139830965214080) connect to '/run/synoabk/synoabk-dsmcache.sock' failed
2020-02-12T20:13:35+01:00 ServeurNAS synoabk-hook: [ERROR] dsmcache-ipc.cpp:232(24141,139830965214080) Failed to notify hook: app_privilege_set_hook

in fact, even the icons in the control panel are no longer displayed.

when i try to open the file station or any other application i get the message "operation failed".

or the windows don't even open.

the only access i have is ssh.

it would be useful to have the root password.

Edited by vlotho

I have a Buffalo TeraStation TS5400D (4-bay NAS Synology knock-off). I managed to get 6.2.2 installed and running fine using this 0.5 test driver package.

The NAS uses an Intel Atom D2550 cpu and has a single PWM case fan. Unfortunately the fan runs at full speed only. Is it possible that I am simply missing a driver that would allow the fan to spin down? If so, how would I determine what I need? Thanks!

On a previous build (6.1.) I was able to install IPKG and then bash, perl, lm-sensors, and pmwconfig to make a script to control the fan but I am unable to get IPKG to work in 6.2.

14 hours ago, vlotho said:

Invalid module format

sound like as if there is a mismatch between kernel and modules/drivers loaded

maybe mismatch in extra/extra2.lzma?

your log snippet does not say anything about what loader or dsm version you used

redo the step about copying  the right extra/extra2 (in case of 3615/17 just extra.lzma) from the rigt zip file, check the version of the loader not by guessing, look at the screen when booting, them menu (3 options)  from grub.cfg tells you what dsm loader you use (3615/3617/918+), use the zip files i uploaded, the are named properly

(drivers will be copied automatically from usb to disk if there is a difference, what comes from usb win's)

13 hours ago, partytimexcellent said:

On a previous build (6.1.) I was able to install IPKG and then bash, perl, lm-sensors, and pmwconfig to make a script to control the fan but I am unable to get IPKG to work in 6.2

what driver would that be? where did you get it for 6.1?

what exactly did you install? whats the source of the packages?

you need to provide proper information, maybe a log  (of 6.1) where drivers are loaded

7 hours ago, vlotho said:

I took the extra and extra2 files from the extra918plus_v0.8_syno.zip file.

you should use recovery for your N3050 CPU

i'm sure wrote about that in the explanations about the tree 0.8 variety's for 918+ (as i had a case where a tester with a N3xxx was unable to boot and only the trick with the 0byte long files got the system back booting - thats the reason its named "recovery")

2 hours ago, vlotho said:

also unable to connect to use synology ddns. but it may be normal ...

thats explained in the FAQ, maybe (re-)read the faq

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/9392-general-faq/?do=findComment&comment=82390

I do not know if it changes but it is an INTEL Celeron J3455.

after, in terms of docker, he always gives me the same error message. I do not know if there is a particular step to take following the change of lzma.

I also have an error while using active backup for business, but I haven't looked in the forum yet if there was anything about it.

Sorry for the faq, but I find that the forums are not very practical for the research and the display of tutorial/card/information.
There really should be a specific search application in a clean database with more specific search fields.
Xpenology is really complex, there is a lot of info.

backup.PNG