XPEnology Community

Driver extension jun 1.03b/1.04b for DSM6.2.2 for 3615xs / 3617xs / 918+

IG-88

On 8/12/2020 at 11:00 AM, CIURI said:

can anyone please re-upload version 0.8_syno ds918+ , the file was deleted.

i updated the link in the 1st post

On 8/13/2020 at 8:13 PM, alexsahka said:

Fresh install of 6.2.2 based on the above not a problem but I tried all possible files combination in the second partition of the synoboot.img (Juns 1.0.3b) for 6.2.3 and no result the DSM not visible on the network.

if you open the section where there this thread is located you will find a newer thread about 6.2.3 an loader 1.03b/1.04b

bottom line, synology reverted the changes from 6.2.2 so 6.2.3 can use the old extra.lzma again or new ones that are made with other kernel settings then it was used for 6.2.2

Did anyone have any luck getting virtio_net driver running with Xpenology under Proxmox?

I grabbed the virtio.ko, virtio_ring.ko and virtio_net.ko modules from the extra.lzma and loaded them manually with insmod on the shell. The modules load fine without errors, but the driver doesn't probe any virtio PCI device.

I tried both a DS3617XS  (DSM 25423 Loader 1.03b) and DS918+ (DSM 25426 Loader 1.04b) installation.

As an alternative I tried vmxnet3 (also on both installations). This driver probes the NIC correctly, but strangely no traffic is coming through to the host :-(

Edit: ok vmxnet3 strangely works if I add is as a secondary NIC in proxmox. But performance of vmxnet3 is really bad (not related to xpenology, that's also the case on a normal Linux VM.. with vmxnet3 I get about 7-8 GBIt/s where it's easily possible to get 30Gbit/s with virtio_net), so it would still be great to get virtio_net to work on Xpenology.

Edited by irrwisch

Ok i finally got the virtio_net driver to run on my xpenology VM.

I missed that you also need to load the vfio_pci driver.

For anyone who wants to try that out as well:

you need to append the following to rc.modules EXTRA_MODULES variable:

virtio virtio_ring virtio_pci virtio_net

and then rebuild the extra.lzma file.

I now get around 20 GBit/s between my Xpenology VM and Proxmox Hypervisor using iperf3

Which is fantastic since I now don't need to pass through my 10G NIC to the Xpenology VM any longer and instead can use the 10G NIC for the Proxmox Host. And the networking between the Xpenology VM and the Proxmox Host won't be a bottleneck.

Edited by irrwisch
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cyberdott said:

I have a GEN8 Microserver on DSM 6.1.7. If I understand correctly I can install version 6.2.2/DS3615XS with 1.03b and extra_v05 without the need for an extra NIC. Does this also work with the current version 6.2.3?

yes but you need to keep jun's original extra.lzma when using 6.2.3 (or if needed you can use the extra.lzma i made for 6.2.3,different thread about loader 1.03b/104b and 6.2.3)

6.2.2 had different  kernel option that made newly compiled drivers necessary and that was reverted to "normal" (like in 6.2.0) with 6.2.3 so jun's driver work again with 6.2.3 (and the broadcom driver you need for your system is already in jun's driver set)

Edited by IG-88

• 3 weeks later...

@IG-88 Is the driver externsion suitable for dsm 6.2.1? I have a running dsm(6.2.1) on asrock J3455-itx, can I just enable the hardware transcoding by the following steps?

1. re place extra.lzma、extra2.lzma files in the loader udisk.

2. remove all the files from update and firmware directories.

3. reboot

Hello,
(Sorry for my english, I used google translate)

I have a problem with losing connection when the network is very busy.
For example, when I copy a large file from the NAS to my pc, it uses the network intensively and after about 15 seconds of transfer at 110MB / s the network connection is cut and the nas is no longer accessible.
I have to unplug the network cable from the motherboard and then plug it back in to have access to the NAS again (I don't even need to turn it off).
I tried to turn my router off and on again, it didn't change anything, so the problem is with the NAS.
I am using an Asrock H67m-itx (Realtek RTL8111E), dsm 6.2.2 and "extra.lzma for loader 1.03b_mod ds3617 DSM 6.2.2 v0.5_test".
I had the same problem in 6.2.1

Have you ever encountered this problem?

The tinyupload links are down

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/s000.tinyupload.com.html

Same goes for any of LZM that you've uploaded that I've seen here.

The Gofile is just looping and not working either, can you reupload to some other place (I saw that other people were asking for the same, but you've ignored them, so that is why I've showed it on isitdown)

2 hours ago, mike861033 said:

The tinyupload links are down

https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/s000.tinyupload.com.html

Same goes for any of LZM that you've uploaded that I've seen here.

The Gofile is just looping and not working either, can you reupload to some other place (I saw that other people were asking for the same, but you've ignored them, so that is why I've showed it on isitdown)

So you are angry and making it known to everyone because links are not working and you just created an account 2 hours ago.... Interesting way of starting in the community. I would suggest some restraint and modesty. People do this on their free time and owe nothing to no one.

TInyupload is dead for all links here... Since 26th September...

That is pretty much a good indicator of how modest people are in here...

What happened to multiple hosts ? What happened to being a professional even if you do this for free ? 

Doing something for free is not an excuse.

3 minutes ago, mike861033 said:

That is pretty much a good indicator of how modest people are in here...

No it's not. It's an indication that the links are dead. That is it. All the rest is assumption on your side. OP might or might not answer, that's up to him but in no way does it indicate that people "here" are not modest. On the other hand, you being a noob to the forum then posting everywhere you can asking for threads to be deleted because some links are not working, that is definitely a lack of modesty.

4 minutes ago, mike861033 said:

What happened to being a professional even if you do this for free ? 

No one in here owes you anything. If you think there is a lack of professionalism then that's too bad for you. This forum is run by people who want to share and help, not who want to please others for the sake of being professional. The OP is not even a moderator.

13 minutes ago, mike861033 said:

Doing something for free is not an excuse.

Not an excuse for what? It definitely is an excuse when you have a life, a job and most certainly things in life with much higher priority.

10 minutes ago, Polanskiman said:

No it's not. It's an indication that the links are dead. That is it. All the rest is assumption on your side. OP might or might not answer, that's up to him but in no way does it indicate that people "here" are not modest. On the other hand, you being a noob to the forum then posting everywhere you can asking for threads to be deleted because some links are not working, that is definitely a lack of modesty.

No one in here owes you anything. If you think there is a lack of professionalism then that's too bad for you. This forum is run by people who want to share and help, not who want to please others for the sake of being professional. The OP is not even a moderator.

Not an excuse for what? It definitely is an excuse when you have a life, a job and most certainly things in life with much higher priority.

1. You are a good example of modesty. You have no knowledge AT all what I do, yet you focus on attacking instead saying yeah our bad, we will re-upload.

2. I never said that anyone owes me anything.  Not it is BAD FOR  YOUR that you think it is professional to post to one shady hosting that is dead for few weeks and saying that it is professional.

3. I am a software developer and we develop A LOT OF FREE STUFF that requires a bit more experience, knowledge and skill, yet our GitHub pages have proper explanations, links to the code that is resilient, getting lots of questions about some random bugs/issues that are often solved within days (yet a bit more difficult than just re-uploading file). 

Your attitude is very questionable to the new guests that are visiting your website, you are at the wrong side, you are acting like a very modest person that thinks that knows it all.

Come on, you are an admin here so you should present some level of appropriate attitude.

What's the point ? What is the point of doing all of it, if it doesn't serve it's purpose ? What is the point writing xxx words about some drivers baked into a kernel, if you simply won't give it to others.

Don't worry I won't be coming back as Xpenology is just an interesting idea and I wanted to compare HP DL380p vs 3617XPrs, your attitude gave me a great insight into YOUR community.

Remember, the leader shows other how they should treat their clients (yes we are your clients, as you get this nice warm feeling when you think that you have a forum, you are not doing this for free, human psychology exactly explains this....).

So bye bye. This was a terrible waste of time :) 

7 hours ago, mike861033 said:

instead saying yeah our bad, we will re-upload.

you dont get the picture, there is no "our" or "we" - at least i'm no part of anything, so you don't need to tell him about that

, your attitude gave me a great insight into YOUR community.

the community is what people are and make them and you got part of it in your own way ;-)

3. I am a software developer and we develop A LOT OF FREE STUFF that requires a bit more experience, knowledge and skill, yet our GitHub pages have proper explanations, links to the code that is resilient, getting lots of questions about some random bugs/issues that are often solved within days (yet a bit more difficult than just re-uploading file). 

i'm verry proud to say i'm unprofessional and i have no shame with that because its not my job, its just something i do in my spare time and if there is no time or i don't feel like doing something, i won't - yeah i can be a lazy pig, so what? i have pressure enough in my job and if doing things here is no fun then why doing it at all

you might consider that people are different and have very different motivations

i'm not a developer, just a dumb low life form, so please don't take me serious, its all just a thing a real developer can whip up in a few hours time, but even after nearly one year inactivity no one else did so i continued, if someone else does a better job i'd gladly stop this and ask if i can help

What is the point writing xxx words about some drivers baked into a kernel, if you simply won't give it to others.

afair i did provide new temporary links (at least for the recent version 6.2.3)

Not it is BAD FOR  YOUR that you think it is professional to post to one shady hosting that is dead for few weeks and saying that it is professional.

LOL

i don't care,  no one did say its professional, thats just you expectations or what you would like it to be (for your convenience)

and tinyupload was just a random choice as someone else used it, i never look what else is hosted there, it was convenient to use and free

(and it did not look like bombarding people with scams and scareware)

btw. the whole xpenology thing is shady too, its a hacked dsm appliance so better get off it before getting in conflict with the clean github code :-)

(nothing personal i just liked the word shady)

Come on, you are an admin here so you should present some level of appropriate attitude.

and thats it, the driver part here is just something i do, in his forum, you might barking up the wrong tree

and yes he did tell me to do it better and i did not (it degraded over the last year, i know that) - i don't want it to be a proper project for myself, no schedule, no development plan, just a bunch of text files and some work here and there, nothing serious, if its trouble or pressure i will stop and do something else - and might come back later

So bye bye. This was a terrible waste of time

the whole life can sometime look like this, so its not that unusual

(if you work in IT support you might have that feeling every 2nd day)

Edited by IG-88

On 10/6/2019 at 3:07 PM, IG-88 said:

DS3615: extra.lzma for loader 1.03b_mod ds3615 DSM 6.2.2 v0.5_test
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=87576629927396429210

SHA256: BAA019C55B0D4366864DE67E29D45A2F624877726552DA2AD64E4057143DBAF0

As others have mentioned, this URL is down.  From reading the thread, it appears it has been for some time now.

I searched this thread and checked online elsewhere (by the hash) for a mirror but could not find one.

If someone could provide this file, I know I would greatly appreciate it.  I'm sure others would, too!

Many thanks!

Edited by rcached

7 hours ago, rcached said:

I'm sure others would, too!

6.2.2 is dead, it does not get updates from synology and i will not do anything about these drivers, beside uploading them, most people dont even need them

i did new uploads to the recent 6.2.3 extra.lzma's anything else is when i have time, extra's for 6.1 might be more important then these 6.2.2's files

• 2 weeks later...

Good day to all! I ask you to help add a driver for the Adaptec 6405h controller, unfortunately my experience was not enough to figure out how to add a driver myself.

04:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller [0107]: Adaptec PMC-Sierra PM8001 SAS HBA [Series 6H] [9005:8081] (rev 05)
04:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller: Adaptec PMC-Sierra PM8001 SAS HBA [Series 6H] (rev 05)
	Subsystem: Adaptec PMC-Sierra PM8001 SAS HBA [Series 6H]
	Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr+ Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx+
	Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
	Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
	Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
	Region 0: Memory at d0760000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
	Region 2: Memory at d0750000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
	Region 4: Memory at d0740000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
	Region 5: Memory at d0700000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
	Expansion ROM at d0600000 [disabled] [size=1M]
	Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
		Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2- AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
	Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/32 Maskable- 64bit+
		Address: 0000000000000000  Data: 0000
	Capabilities: [70] Express (v2) Endpoint, MSI 00
		DevCap:	MaxPayload 256 bytes, PhantFunc 0, Latency L0s <1us, L1 <8us
			ExtTag- AttnBtn- AttnInd- PwrInd- RBE+ FLReset- SlotPowerLimit 253.000W
		DevCtl:	CorrErr- NonFatalErr- FatalErr- UnsupReq-
			RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
			MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 512 bytes
		DevSta:	CorrErr- NonFatalErr- FatalErr- UnsupReq- AuxPwr- TransPend-
		LnkCap:	Port #0, Speed 5GT/s, Width x8, ASPM L0s L1, Exit Latency L0s <512ns, L1 <64us
			ClockPM- Surprise- LLActRep- BwNot- ASPMOptComp-
		LnkCtl:	ASPM Disabled; RCB 64 bytes Disabled- CommClk+
			ExtSynch- ClockPM- AutWidDis- BWInt- AutBWInt-
		LnkSta:	Speed 5GT/s (ok), Width x1 (downgraded)
			TrErr- Train- SlotClk+ DLActive- BWMgmt- ABWMgmt-
		DevCap2: Completion Timeout: Not Supported, TimeoutDis+, NROPrPrP-, LTR-
			 10BitTagComp-, 10BitTagReq-, OBFF Not Supported, ExtFmt-, EETLPPrefix-
			 EmergencyPowerReduction Not Supported, EmergencyPowerReductionInit-
			 FRS-, TPHComp-, ExtTPHComp-
			 AtomicOpsCap: 32bit- 64bit- 128bitCAS-
		DevCtl2: Completion Timeout: 50us to 50ms, TimeoutDis-, LTR-, OBFF Disabled
			 AtomicOpsCtl: ReqEn-
		LnkCtl2: Target Link Speed: 5GT/s, EnterCompliance- SpeedDis-
			 Transmit Margin: Normal Operating Range, EnterModifiedCompliance- ComplianceSOS-
			 Compliance De-emphasis: -6dB
		LnkSta2: Current De-emphasis Level: -6dB, EqualizationComplete-, EqualizationPhase1-
			 EqualizationPhase2-, EqualizationPhase3-, LinkEqualizationRequest-
	Capabilities: [ac] MSI-X: Enable+ Count=16 Masked-
		Vector table: BAR=0 offset=00002000
		PBA: BAR=0 offset=00004000
	Capabilities: [100 v1] Advanced Error Reporting
		UESta:	DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		UEMsk:	DLP- SDES- TLP- FCP- CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF- MalfTLP- ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		UESvrt:	DLP+ SDES+ TLP- FCP+ CmpltTO- CmpltAbrt- UnxCmplt- RxOF+ MalfTLP+ ECRC- UnsupReq- ACSViol-
		CESta:	RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- AdvNonFatalErr-
		CEMsk:	RxErr- BadTLP- BadDLLP- Rollover- Timeout- AdvNonFatalErr+
		AERCap:	First Error Pointer: 00, ECRCGenCap+ ECRCGenEn- ECRCChkCap+ ECRCChkEn-
			MultHdrRecCap- MultHdrRecEn- TLPPfxPres- HdrLogCap-
		HeaderLog: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
	Kernel driver in use: pm80xx
	Kernel modules: pm80xx

Driver: https://storage.microsemi.com/en-us/support/sas/sas/asa-6405h/

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edited by ramzes508

I have Intel NUC (NUC7JYH).  (j4005 processor + Realtek 8111H-CG ethernet).

I tried all three extra.lzma/extra2.lzma for loader 1.04b ds918+ DSM 6.2.2.

But cannot get IP address.

I also tried 3615 & 3617 loaders + pat files.

I am out of ideas now, Is there any other way to make DSM work on Intel NUC (NUC7JYH)?  

I am out of ideas now, Is there any other way to make DSM work on Intel NUC (NUC7JYH)?  

5 hours ago, emailme0909 said:

try the original loader 1.04b and extra/extra2 from the other 6.2.3 thread

my guess about your 6.2.2 failure would be that you did not copy zImage and rd.gz from the 6.2.2 *.pat file to the loader, 6.2.2 is special and the drivers will only work properly with the kernel files of 6.2.2, the kernel files on the loader are 6.2.0

I opened the .pat file (6.2.2) using WinRAR and copied those two files. But I have tried so much in last 3 hours that I can't even remember which versions and what mix of files I tried. 

I will try the latest 1.04 loader with extra files & 6.2.3 and then will try 6.2.2.

According to this forum all my hardware (processor, storage and ethernet) is supported. But the IP cannot be assigned for some reason. Thank you for replying, I will report back.

Edited by emailme0909

9 hours ago, emailme0909 said:

According to this forum all my hardware (processor, storage and ethernet) is supported. But the IP cannot be assigned for some reason. Thank you for replying, I will report back.

hardware is ok, 1.03b 3615/17 needs csm/legacy mode, you might stick to 1.04b 918+ when testing

also check that dhcp is working and use synology assistant (program) to find the system in network

11 hours ago, IG-88 said:

hardware is ok, 1.03b 3615/17 needs csm/legacy mode, you might stick to 1.04b 918+ when testing

also check that dhcp is working and use synology assistant (program) to find the system in network

Thank you IG-88. You are the best!

I used the following files

Jun's loader version 1.04b for 918+

extra.lzma & extra2.lzma for loader 1.04b ds918+ DSM 6.2.3 v0.12.1.   (file name: extra918plus_v0.12.1.zip)

rd.gz & zimage files from DSM_DS918+_25426.pat (download from synology website -open & extract these 2 files using 7zip)

XPEnology Tool.

Hope it helps someone.