XPEnology Community

Driver extension jun 1.03b/1.04b for DSM6.2.2 for 3615xs / 3617xs / 918+

IG-88

Thanks  IG-88!  I almost have 10Gbe up and running on my Xpenology 918+.  The initial boot works like a charm, my connectx3 is detected and I am able to install DSM 6.2.2.  However, on the reboot I am unable to ping my device.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what is going on?  Thanks.

9 hours ago, nadiva said:

does nvme needs some driver from extras

do,, the drivers are part of the 918+ already

9 hours ago, nadiva said:

"failed to install file. the file is probably corrupted (13)"

thats usually a problem with the vid/pid in grub.cfg (to boot the loader and find it in network every value there works but when installing it needs to be right)

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7973-tutorial-installmigrate-dsm-52-to-61x-juns-loader/

8 hours ago, nadiva said:

(unlike my attempt...when doing cpio/lzma in freebsd it worked, now i do it in windows and it doesn't..perhpas missing "." folder?)

for testing just unpack and repack something that is working to see if its still working after it

7 hours ago, Davizaya said:

.  However, on the reboot I am unable to ping my device.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what is going on?

what loader, extra.lzma, and pat file are you using?

16 minutes ago, Messenger said:

hello did someone migrated hp n54l without additional nic?

yes we had some already, also i can can test the driver in question here (tg3.ko) with a old HP desktop that also comes with onboard broadcom nic

• Like 1

Hardware: HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8
DSM Version: DS3615xs 6.2-23739 Update 2 -> DS3615xs 6.2.2-24922 Update 4
Bootloader: 1.03b
Install Method: Update ("semi-brick mode")
Results: Success
Notes: after reboot I had to install the latest update 4 manually; no issues with pre-installed packages so far (Plex, Docker)

@IG-88 Thanks for your work!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Macelskie said:

Unfortunately I cannot find a link for version 0.7, can you tell me where I can download it? 

not out yet, that was just for testing

in you case (J3455-ITX) you would need a slightly different version without the newer i915 drivers, comparable to real3x extra.lzma, if there is no new version of i915 drivers dsm will load the default i915 driver and firmware that is running on a original 918+

write me a PM if you want to test

Edited by IG-88
  • Like 1

Hardware: HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen10, AMD CPU, 32G ECC RAM, SSD+4xHDD+NVME, Aquantia+2xBroadcom NIC
DSM Version: DS3918+ 6.2.2-24922 Update 4 w extra918plus_v0.7_test
Bootloader: 1.04b
Install Method: Migration
Notes: some extra reboots. libNVMEpatch and synoinfo NIC patch. 10gbit with NVME working

Hardware: HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen10, AMD CPU, 32G ECC RAM, SSD+4xHDD+NVME, Aquantia+2xBroadcom NIC
DSM Version: DS3615xs 6.2.2-24922 Update 4 w extra3615_v0.5_test
Bootloader: 1.03b
Install Method: Migration
Notes: some extra reboots. All good without NVME as expected

* can't use more than 442GB of NVME cache - looking for a hack! The way i had it before is use NVME as main drive then replicate, now i'd like it to be huge permanent read cache. is it really true NVME read cache gets deleted after each reboot?

* ecryptfs very slow, e.g. HDD 400MBs drops to 150MBs on any filesystem/RAID, this is the biggest disappointment, basically im forced not to use it for all files 😖
* openssl speed -elapsed -evp aes-256-cbc/xts on par with others OS (well, full disk encryption would have shined here)

* iperf3 on par with the fastests OS e.g. debian (usually debian > ubuntu > freebsd > anything virtualized)

* memory caching works up to sweet 30GB (disable_mttr_trim), when working with huge files only RAM is used while saturating 10gbit, great for video editing

* reboot/shutdown works (i noticed it didn't in the past), will test if power button works once files are copied

* all sensors read, all temperatures correct, SMART statuses ok, Ironhealth is a nice extra

* sound from machine works without any packages.. 🔉🔊 would love to 'qnap' it, sends some statuses to speakers.. every machine should at least beep!

Edited by nadiva
clarify
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, nadiva said:

reboot/shutdown works (i noticed it didn't in the past),

reason seems often to be a driver crashed when booting

33 minutes ago, nadiva said:

will test if power button works once files are copied

the last version i've seen (POWERBUTTON_6.2-0002.SPK) did not handle 6.2.2 in the way it should

if you install it you will have to remove the wrong (6.2.0)  evdev.ko and button.ko from /lib/modules after installing (recent ones for 6.2.2 are already in /lib/modules/update from my extra.lzma)

11 hours ago, IG-88 said:

what loader, extra.lzma, and pat file are you using?

I am am using Jun's 1.04b loader with version 0.6 of your extra and extra2 lzma files and pat file 24922.  I have double checked the USB drive's vid and pid as well  as the mac addresses of the nic and they are correct.  Maybe I will try version 0.5 of your extra files.  It might make a difference.

Hardware: HP Thin client hp610

DSM Version: DS3615xs 6.2.2-24922 Update 4
Bootloader: 1.03b MBR
Install Method: fresh install
Notes: after reboot I had to install the latest update 4 manually;

Shutdown and reboot working

Edited by hli

I have a MSI Z170a with a I5 that I got, to replaced my 10 years all AMD FX.

My internal LAN does not work, neither my 10GLAN card, that used to work on my all system so I cannot find my system with Synology Web Assistance. 

My 10GLAN is a MNPA19-XTR 10GB MELLANOX CONNECTX-2 PCIe X8 10Gbe SFP+.

I have changed the MAC and still does not work.

I am not to familiarized with Linux commands to so drivers extraction. Is there anyway some can help me?

Is there anyway how can I add drives is I am able to boot it up on another motherboard?

I am trying to use the 1.04b on this boardlates board, and it does work on my old setup. 

My emial is rcastillo76dr@gmail.com

1 hour ago, Popeye-DR said:

I am using the DS3617xs, with 1.04b, and 6.1., and hopping to add the DSM_DS3617xs_24922 that I saw.

that is from your question in the old thread

the problem i have with it is the combination af loader and DSM type

loader 1.04b is only for 918+

even with 1.03b, there two different, one for 2615 and one for 3617, make shure to not mix

same goes for extra.lzma's with newer drivers, every type has its own diver set and in case of DSM 6.2 there is even a difference eitn drivers when it comes to the latest 6.2.2

2 hours ago, Popeye-DR said:

My internal LAN does not work, neither my 10GLAN card, that used to work on my all system so I cannot find my system with Synology Web Assistance. 

My 10GLAN is a MNPA19-XTR 10GB MELLANOX CONNECTX-2 PCIe X8 10Gbe SFP+.

just for finding it in network the mac in grub.cfg is not important (as long as the mac is unique in your lan - can be a problem when booting up two xpenoology systems both with the same default configuration)

your board name is not specific enough, there are at least 4 of this type

Z170A Pro, Z170A GAMING M7, Z170A GAMING Pro, Z170A GAMING Pro Carbon

if the onboard nic as a "Killer E2400" then its a Qualcomm Atheros AR816x/AR817x and the driver would be alx.ko, that driver would be part of the existing driver set from jun

the Mellanox are not part of loader 1.04b by default

in theory you should be able to find your system with loader 1.04b with the onboard nic

the mellanox will be working with the new 918+ driver package (in e few days)

2 hours ago, IG-88 said:

your board name is not specific enough, there are at least 4 of this type

Z170A Pro, Z170A GAMING M7, Z170A GAMING Pro, Z170A GAMING Pro Carbon

if the onboard nic as a "Killer E2400" then its a Qualcomm Atheros AR816x/AR817x and the driver would be alx.ko, that driver would be part of the existing driver set from jun

the Mellanox are not part of loader 1.04b by default

Sorry for that. It is a MSI Z170A GAMING M5. Yes it has a "Killer Network Card" name. I attached the file from MSI.

I remade the USB with the new MAC, and it was not working. and that is when I doing this forum.

Killer_network_w10_inf.zip

Hardware: Baremetal PC ASRock N3150-ITX with Realtek RTL8111GR
Starting Point on DSM Version: DS918+ 6.2 23739 Update 2

After Post #102 regarding RTL 8111GR...

"thats supported by the "normal" realtek r8168 driver
    i used r8168-8.047.04, pretty much the latest driver and your nic should work"

i tried to do the update to 6.2.2-24922 via the method 1 (semi brick my system).

Then i updated the USB-Stick with the extra file and rebooted the system.

But after that, could not connect to the DSM anymore.

Tried several time but no success. Didn't start recovering my system.

What can i do ? Any tip's...

@IG-88 Thanks for your hard work!

Thanks @IG-88 for the driver.

Upgrade to 6.2.2 from 6.2 (1.03b DS-3617xs) follow your instruction.  Network is OK.

I have 6 drives connected to the motherboard SATA controller and 4 connected to the LSI SAS-3081e-r.  Work fine with 6.2 Update 2

I read what you said only certain LSI controller work with this update.  I tried out to see if the 3081e-r just to test it out.

After upgraded, only 6 connected to the built-in controller detected.  The 4 connected to LSI cannot be detected.  Any chance to add this controller to your extended driver set?

Thanks

19 hours ago, Popeye-DR said:

remade the USB with the new MAC, and it was not working.

can you boot up i live linux and give me lspici output for this killer nic

with this i can check the vendor id an device id against the driver

if needed and i find source i can try to compile a new driver

2 hours ago, bigmonkey70 said:

LSI SAS-3081e-r

on first glace i thought 3000 controller like 12GBit SAS but that one is a 3GBit sas mpt(1) controller, LSI 1068e based

driver is mptsas.ko

does not work, as written i the 1st post (i know from testing with virtualbox, its one of the emulated controllers)

Driver not in this release: ata_piix, mptspi (aka lsi scsi), mptsas (aka lsi sas) - these are drivers for extremely old hardware and mainly important for vmware users, also the vmw_pvscsi is confirmed not to work, bad for vmware/esxi too
Only alternative as scsi diver is the buslogic, the "normal" choice for vmware/ESXi would be SATA/AHCI
I removed all drivers confirmed to not work from rc.modules so they will not be loaded but the *.ko files are still in the extra.lzma and will be copied to /usr/modules/update/ so if some people want to test they can load the driver manually after booting
These drivers will be loaded and are not tested yet (likely to fail when a disk is connected)
megaraid, megaraid_sas, sx8, aacraid, aic94xx, 3w-9xxx, 3w-sas, 3w-xxxx, mvumi, mvsas, arcmsr, isci, hpsa, hptio
(for some explanation of what hardware this means look into to old thread for loader 1.02b)

afair that chip has a 2.2TB limit per disk and the mptsas driver is not working, i can check that driver with virtualbox as its one of the emulated devices

i'd say get rid of it and get a cheap 4 or 8 port ahci controller

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/19854-sata-controllers-not-recognized/?do=findComment&comment=122709

or if you insist on a sas controller a LSI 9211-8i (sas2008 based), there a ton's around (most cross flashed oem but as long as the 9211 it firmware is flashed it does not matter)

https://www.servethehome.com/lsi-sas-2008-raid-controller-hba-information/