XPEnology Community

Jabber or chat system on xpenology

jastsai

Question

4 answers to this question

1st) It‘s not necessary to double post the same question in different sections. You already asked this question here:

Once you opened a thread you should wait until someone can give you an answer. Please read the forum rules and FAQ @Polanskiman set up.

2nd) There are some XMPP packages available in the synocommunity. But most of them are relatively old or do not provide click and run functionality. I doubt that you can achieve something simple in comparison to widely spread messengers like the one from FB. Another problem: a simple and available client for desktops and smartphones. And the willingness of your contacts to install and use it. In the end you have to rely on a web based solution which is usually not widely accepted by users.

You could search the Docker repos for an appropriate solution, like prosody.

Edited by jensmander

Thanks man. Willingness wouldn't be a problem if my family knows that the files and chat system backed up locally. They would continue to use Facebook messenger for contacts outside the family. Sounds like there isn't a good jabber server that I could use on my boxes. Thanks for the reply.