XPEnology Community

Download Station doesn't download via VPN

Konfl1kt

23 minutes ago, Polanskiman said:

Could be that you have enabled on the vpn profile the use of the remote gateway.

Can you be more specific?

I 'm not sure I understood you. 

Attached two screenshots with VPN and default gateway addresses.

VPN by seed4.me.

Thank you!

VPN1.png

VPN2.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, merve04 said:

Very strange. I’ve used ExpressVPN in my synology for over a year, no issue. Maybe delete your VPN profile, uninstall download station and try to reconfigure. 

I did. Do you know other VPN services which I can try for free? Many of them have promotional but only via app on Windows.

Thank you for your post!

If i go in my control panel, under network, general tab, (this applies when my VPN is connected) my default gateway is the VPN, followed by my local network, advance settings, both options are checked on. In regards to the settings of my VPN, theres 4 check mark boxes available, i use the first, second and fourth.

24 minutes ago, merve04 said:

If i go in my control panel, under network, general tab, (this applies when my VPN is connected) my default gateway is the VPN, followed by my local network, advance settings, both options are checked on. In regards to the settings of my VPN, theres 4 check mark boxes available, i use the first, second and fourth.

My default gateway is 192.168.77.1 when VPN is connceted. My local network 192.168.2.X

Are you connected via PPTP?

Edited by Konfl1kt

I found a reason and good for me it's nothing about my NAS.

The VPN provider just blocking any torrent traffic, because a subscription was gotten for free with unlimited traffic. I checked it on other machines, it's work nowhere.

It's kind of stupid because I want to be able to check speed before buying.

So I have gigabit, when I use download Station, no VPN, I tend to hit 40-60MBps, with my VPN on (ExpressVPN) 20-25MBp. 

On my desktop, when I run Speedtest, I hit 940-960Mbps both directions, but even downloading from the very best servers like Microsoft for example, 70-80MBps max

not sure why nas is slow like that, could it be HDD writing speed? I would think it can handle more than 60MBps?

Edited by merve04

5 hours ago, merve04 said:

So I have gigabit, when I use download Station, no VPN, I tend to hit 40-60MBps, with my VPN on (ExpressVPN) 20-25MBp. 

On my desktop, when I run Speedtest, I hit 940-960Mbps both directions, but even downloading from the very best servers like Microsoft for example, 70-80MBps max

not sure why nas is slow like that, could it be HDD writing speed? I would think it can handle more than 60MBps?

940/8=117 MBps. You can get it in a test but hard to get 100 in real life. If MS server shows you 80 it's near to 115 in tests and good I think.

And you right about HDD, I think it's limited you speed to ~100.