XPEnology Community

Future of XPEnology, Nanoboot, Gnoboot looks dark ....????

sporti

It seems for me that the Future of XPEnology/Nanoboot/Gnoboot probably looks dark...

-> Nanoboot.tk Website is down/infected for many Days now -> Is Nanoboot still in development ...?? You hear nothing from nanoboot :sad:

-> No new XPEnology Version from Trantor for a long time-> Is XPenology still in development ...?? Any News from Trantor ?

-> No new Version from gnoboot for a long time... same Question here.....No News/Reaction from gnoboot. Is there any development ?

Is there any chance that the projects lives on....otherwise it would be a real shame :sad:

@Trantor

@Nanoboot

@Gnoboot

I hope the projects will be further developed... Please, Please, Please !!!!!!!!!!

It seems for me that the Future of XPEnology/Nanoboot/Gnoboot probably looks dark...

I don't know why you're spreading rumors like this but currently i don't think you're doing any good. Currently Xpenology "is supporting" the last DSM and updates so I don't see any issues with it.

On a certain thing you're right, people are a bit more silent because everything is working.

XPenology is acting like any kind of community (physical or virtual). When everything is working fine, nobody really contribute a lot. When an issue appears and affects the community, everyone is trying to do something to help the community. I've been an active member of this forum since more than 1 year and I saw a lot of "external interference" but also people sticking to some ideas and making them work.

I know nothing about sancome but his work can be found originally at http://www.colafile.com/u/sancome. nanoboot.tk was his gift for europeans as colafile was slow as hell due to the fact it was hosted (somewhere far away) on the Asian continent.

Trantor is a bit busy, he is apparently building a house (yes he's human! :smile: ) and he has a lot of work to do. I guess once winter will come or the house will be finished he could be a bit more active

GnoBoot is probably watching silently xpenology. Nobody actually knows who was it (not he or she yet :grin: )

Andy is also silently watching over xpenology and as long as the community is active and we're not stuck to any kind of ancient 4.ish DSM version, he's also ok. :ugeek:

Cheers!

Isn't this biggest issue right now the security mechanism put in place that no one has defeated? Basically some kernel modules from older versions have to be brought forward and merged into the newer code/kernel. It's worked OK so far, but at some point we are going to hit a wall of incompatibility between the old and new.

• 1 month later...

I know nothing about sancome but his work can be found originally at http://www.colafile.com/u/sancome. nanoboot.tk was his gift for europeans as colafile was slow as hell due to the fact it was hosted (somewhere far away) on the Asian continent.

It looks like the site of sancome has moved to:

http://nanoboot.eu.org/

• 5 months later...