XPEnology Community

Qnap qts 4.1 on DIY NAS?

Plasma

I know this is a Synology effort site, but was just wondering. Is it possible to port Qnap QTS 4.1 onto a diy NAS? Google search was unproductive. Thus I pose this question for the experts of this site who might know.

Sorry, but QTS is not worth the work when you move it to another platform. DSM is better in many case :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is that, some specific reason?

The real hardwaretest at AnandTech http://www.anandtech.com/show/8298/qnap ... nce-review looks very good.

I use qts 4.1 and lossing all data from hdd - unbelive userless gui( and nonsens responsebility)

Now all update or upgrade dsm with no problem :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got couple Qnap 220 on Black Friday to play with, but never got any Synology or Asustor, so just recently put DSM 5.0-4493u3 on a old board with Atom 1.8GHz (2c/4t) and max 4G RAM it can support to experiment. Not sure because the Qnap I got is 1.6GHz ARM base or its limit of 512MB RAM, the performance of DSM 5.0-4493u3 is far outperformed the Qnap 4.1.0. Even I agree that Qnap expand some features beyond its competitors such as displaying photos on login page so you don't need to log in to show off you photo album... and similar to Asustor, Qnap already implemented XBMC which is missing on Synology, I would rather try Asustor as some members on this forum already get involved in the process to make it "live" so hope it would available to everybody soon :wink: