XPEnology Community

Rename Volume Label

~Rob

I've been running XPEnology 4.3 for about four months now on my N54L and it's been fantastic.

After using a smaller disk for a while I now have a 3TB WD Red with a 2TB partition made available to XPEnology. The plan

was to move all the data from the two existing volumes to the new one and use that as my sole volume.

I've moved the shared folders to the WD drive (Volume 3) and removed the two previous volumes from Storage Manager, but even after a reboot the WD drive still shows up as volume 3. As a result I can't get Plex to run (it's coded to run on Volume 1 from what I've read) and my OCD is really playing up.

Does anybody know how to relabel a volume? If I have to re-install XPEnology that's fine as I've already wiped my Plex settings a few times trying to get it to run.

Also, as I'm here, if I SSH into the box and run cat /proc/mdstat it shows the following:

Personalities : [linear] [raid0] [raid1] [raid10] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
md4 : active raid1 sda5[0]
     2142748480 blocks super 1.2 [1/1] [u]

md1 : active raid1 sda2[2]
     2097088 blocks [12/1] [__U_________]

md0 : active raid1 sda1[2]
     2490176 blocks [12/1] [__U_________]

unused devices: 

I only have two disks assigned in VMWare. 1 has XPEnology installed on it and the other is the WD dtrive. Can somebody reassure me that this is normal please! I'm also worried that it is suggesting 12 drives to support the raid!