XPEnology Community

Surveillance Station license import help

Hi fellow Xpenologists,

I currently have a nice up to date 6.2.2 installation running on ESXi with 2 IP camera recording to a dedicated WD Purple. I also happen to have a couple of additional camera licenses which were part of an old defunct work NAS/Camera setup but unsurprisingly they don't seem to want to work on my NAS. I have tried the iPhone DS Cam offline activation to no avail and even added a license to a work official synology then tried to migrate it also no dice. I get a network error when trying to add it through the GUI asking me to check my network connection but I know that's working. Has anyone had any luck adding more camera licenses at all? I assume its down to it not being an official synology as the same license does add and remove OK from a real one.

Any help would be appreciated.

2019-09-26 16_22_15-Synology Surveillance Station - hillside.png

1. Yep, all removed, even added them back to another proper suyology then removed again to check it wasnt blacklisted.

2. I just changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and crossed my fingers but still failed. Back to 1.1.1.1

I may see if I can trace what IP its trying to contact tomorrow and how its trying to go out I think.

Thanks for the suggestions

Serial/MAC combination needs to be legit - ie. as on an actual Syno box - or else it's not gonna work..

Have a look in the Synology packages forum for other similar posts..

Bear it in mind - make sure you use Hyperbackup to back up your license (so you can restore it to the box). If your synology dies and you need to rebuild it, your SS licenses will be 'stuck' if you don't..

hmm, thanks Hostilian, wonder if I can spoof a valid MAC/Serial in to the loader from one of our legitimate synology boxes to activate it on an ESXi VM even if the spoofed MAC/Serial is not one of the loader model? - best try it with a clone first otherwise my main NAS might force a re-installation/migration.

Thanks for the hyperbackup tip too.

• 4 months later...

Hi, based on another post, you can manual install surveillance station ver 8.1.1 and add licence with your internet blocked, it will inform that cannot connect to server, but your licence will be added if you check back. after you can update your station to the latest version.

• 7 months later...
On 2/15/2020 at 9:37 PM, buza said:

Hi, based on another post, you can manual install surveillance station ver 8.1.1 and add licence with your internet blocked, it will inform that cannot connect to server, but your licence will be added if you check back. after you can update your station to the latest version.

Is this confirmed working I did and the key was added but will it actually add the cameras? It seems no one else has posted since to verify