XPEnology Community

File Station broken, repair failed [solved]

AlexFullmoon

DSM 6.2.2-3. File Station was broken after reboot, along with a couple other packages. Not sure how this happened, only thing of notice was update from 6.2.0 as couple days ago. Other packages were repaired, but for File station repair fails.

What are my options here?

UPD. Stupid me, finally googled it right after posting.

SSH to system, go to /var/packages and rm -rf FileStation. Then refresh Package Center and install File Station from scratch.

Edited by AlexFullmoon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/10/2019 at 3:55 PM, TKrook said:

Thanx. I have tried many different things, but nothing was working.

This seemed kind of rigorous to me. But in the end it worked. Now I can use File Station again.

Toine

How did you manage to fix the problem. 

On 9/25/2019 at 7:55 PM, AlexFullmoon said:

DSM 6.2.2-3. File Station was broken after reboot, along with a couple other packages. Not sure how this happened, only thing of notice was update from 6.2.0 as couple days ago. Other packages were repaired, but for File station repair fails.

What are my options here?

UPD. Stupid me, finally googled it right after posting.

SSH to system, go to /var/packages and rm -rf FileStation. Then refresh Package Center and install File Station from scratch.

For me this post doesn’t work. Any suggestions?

1A72517A-37E9-4E50-9981-0F0FAFDAB052.jpeg

Edited by ValDenev

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi.

I have same problem. After reboot FileStation and other 5 packages: DownloadStation,, Surveillance Station, Synology Drive Server Synology photos and Video Station didn't start ans are unable to be repaired.

I removed all the files related to FileStation packages from the system as suggested in post above, but result is bad.

Filestation package refuses to be installed back. Messege is.Unable to install....try later.

Unfortunately crash of those packages affects Web Station. My www page is shown as blank and after a while is redirected to my Synology admin page.

FilestaTion icon is now not presented on admin page, but this package is still on the list of available packages.

Any hint?

2 hours ago, Aimeiz said:

I removed all the files related to FileStation packages from the system as suggested in post above, but result is bad.

Filestation package refuses to be installed back.

DSM version? I cannot guarantee it would work for 7, they changed some stuff inside.

1 hour ago, Aimeiz said:

Tried to download Filestation package from Synolugy to install manually, but result is the same as with installation from Packege center - Improper file type. File downloaded is .apk file.

That's android client to File Station, completely unrelated to the problem. You need to install it through Package Manager on the system. The problem here is to persuade Package Manager that it is uninstalled...