XPEnology Community

Swapping Volume1 and Volume2

Raidersan

Hi all,

I am on Nanoboot DMS 4493 update 2. Works very well except HDD hibernation.

My volume1 is made of 3x 2Tb drives in SHR mode. I now want to avoid HDD hibernation issues with all the apps (plex,...) I have on there and decided to use a SSD for that purpose. I have added the SSD, now as Volume2, but would like to somehow end up with all my system folders and apps on volume2, then switch volume1 and 2 (rename?) and have my system stuff moved over, so that my SSD becomes volume1 and my original 3 drives array becomes volume2, without apps, just the data.

Is that at all possible or do I need a re-install? If it is a re-install, is there a way to salvage all my config that is made of a lot more than just Synology config (opt ware, permission changes, ...)?

Thanks Schnapps,

Yeah I did find that article, but it is too vague, especially when it says Plex will stop hibernation and knowing that people do manage to hibernate with Plex when properly configured.

I did started to look at running processes and all open files on volume1, but I can't see anything obvious other than from time to time the Plex log file. I wish there was a how to guide to follow to debug what is keeping the drives spooled up!

Raidersan, what is the logic behind using the SSD? Isn't it also on the same SATA controller which is supposed to spin down all the disks in hiberation?

The reason I'm asking is because I'm running into the same hibernation issue with Plex and I'm definitely interested in your results. I've isolated the hibernation to just the Plex package through trial and error (turning off each installed package and watch for hibernation). I've also tried turning off all logs and DLNA in Plex, to no avail. Please post your finding once you have it.