XPEnology Community

[SOLVED] Issue with DSM 5.0-4493 Update 3?

koolvn

Does anyone has issue to update? After downloaded and on the process to update, it was displaying 66% and then stop with the pop up message "Fail to update the file. The file is probably corrupt." Already tried too many times and still the same issue. Can you manually download and install this Update 3? If yes, where is the location for download since Synology only post the main streams?

Does anyone has issue to update? After downloaded and on the process to update, it was displaying 66% and then stop with the pop up message "Fail to update the file. The file is probably corrupt." Already tried too many times and still the same issue. Can you manually download and install this Update 3? If yes, where is the location for download since Synology only post the main streams?

Yes there is, follow the link below and the instructions laid out by "demon_sl" and the update will process no troubles.

No audio?? Direct or indirect? If you directly connect your Xpenology system through VGA/DVI/HDMI, you can only get the Nanoboot screen which is no sound and correct me if I'm wrong since you can do something to get video/audio directly. On the other hand, most people would connect their Xpenology systems through Ethernet and they get the video/audio indirectly through their other client systems (browser, window explorer...) If indirect, did you already enable Audio Station, Media Server, or even Video Station... since I don't have any issue on sound when watching a (small test) video clip through browser (Video Station)?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I tried 2 different ways

I first downloaded update from dsm

1st one :

Created a task as root

pasted

sed 's/flashupdateDeb/flashupdateDeb1/' /autoupd@te.info > /autoupd@te.info1

mv /autoupd@te.info1 /autoupd@te.info

executed it

nothing happened

2nd one :

with putty i connected to my NAS