XPEnology Community

4 HDD de 3To with 1 replaced & now 1 HDD down

vince85

Question

Good morning,

I have posted question on this forum in French but before I replace/reinstall everything from scratch I prefer to ask question to en English community that me be larger than the French one.

So I have a Proliant HP54L with 1 SSD.M2 120Go for the datastore, Esxi 5, and 4 HDD of 3To WD Red. I am currently under the version DSM 5.1-5022 Update 3

By end of July I had a HDD mentioned as "dead" then I remove it and I made a RITM to replace it. I got a new one and by beginning of September I replace it with the new one with a new link .vdmk. This disk that was replace was the HDD n3. Then on DSM I have another message telling that the HDD n4 was also down. I remove it and I check under a desktop dock this HDD on my PC W10 and I saw on one partition a unix folders structure and in fact I could access to it ! So it means, but I may be wrong, that this HDD is not dead !

So could you tell me if there is a way in SSH to repair file allocation or something else ?

I have also under Esxi change the order of the HDD by swapping the HDD3 with the HDD4 but still the same issue.

I attached some print screen of the last HDD arrangement  but it is in French sorry for that !

Thanks for your help because for the time being I lost part of the files ! But I do not really which ones I could have definitively lost !

So before starting from scratch I prefer to see with the community if some additional advises I could get and test in order to repair this HDD !

capture8.JPG

capture9.JPG

capture10.JPG

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet