XPEnology Community

Hello everybody,

i just got a new 10TB Western Digital white disk and i added it to my xpenology installation and i had this weird behaviour.

Basically i had a SAS controller with 6 disk attached (see the picture before.jpg) + 1 ssd as read only cache connected directly with the motherboard. 

What i did was to add another disk to the SAS controller to get to a total of 7 hdd and 1 ssd (i was hoping to move the raid to SHR2) and power the system. The disk were recognized perfectly in the BIOS but once xpenology was loaded, my volume crashed and one of the 6 disks disappeared (in the picture it was disk 12) and on his place there was the new 10TB disk. Basically the new disk took the place of the old 4TB disk in position 12 rather than been added as a new disk.

Now i removed the data plug from the 10TB hdd and i got the old disk back and i'm rebuilding the volume. But i'd like to add other HDD eventually to the system. What can i do? Do you have any idea?

Edit: now that i see the picture again i wonder why the hdd are numbered in this weird way. 

Thank you

Aydrian

before.jpg

after.PNG

Edited by Aydrian
fixed picture