XPEnology Community

DSM 5.0-4493 Update 4 Complete Install Guide

Hi, thanks for the reply, push was previously being handled by SS.

Unfortunately it seems as though the SS notifications are not showing up in DSM, I am assuming this is not normal or I have missed a setting somewhere?

I'm still working through settings, seems alot more to setup compare to DSM 4, unless I didnt really look into DSM 4 settings properly lol.

Hi there after following the guide all works well on my 24TB nas.

Thanks for all the great people making it possible.

Now i am running it and it came to me that in system info my cpu is an intel i3 at 3.2mhz when in effect it is an amd 4qore 64bit cpu.

Is there anyway to get this right?

Or don't it matter anyway for keep running it?

Only thing i still have to do is changing serial number but that won't be before next saturday due to not enough time.

Thanx in advance for any answer.

Can you enable Telnet and verify conenctivity still? Maybe run a 'top' command and see if the sshd is running. (you may also be able to see sshd in the resource monitor -> processes)

Are you using putty or coming from a *nix and using built in ssh client?

You may need to delete the keystore for this box.

There is no way that I am aware of to roll back to Update3. Even if you did a clean install on your flash drive it would autodownload Update 4.

• 2 months later...
hi all... I've just update my N54L to DSM5 - 4493 - update 3 with Nanoboot.

Actually, I can't see my 5th SATA Hard Drive, connected on the CDROM Drive, is there an issue with this? I would like to mount my 5th hard drive to the other 4, to make a volume with 5x3TB hard drive.

I have updated the BIOS, and have all the settings right on it.

Is it possibile?

thank you very much

This could be a hardware compatibility issue...

Let me make sure I follow... you've got a HDD on a SATA Connetor that once had an optical drive?

I would suggest speaking with other N54L Owners vs broadcasting that support request on an installation guide... Obviously you made it to the bottom of the rabbit hole since you are running DSM 5.0-4493 which is all this guide was slated to do.

I personally wanted more HDD's than what the N54L would hold. I used to rock an older Intel SS4200e with its 4 bay max... I needed more!

Hi, sorry for the late response

Actually I plugged the 5th HDD on the SATA connector which should be use for the optical drive, but I never installed an optical drive.

I know that other users with N54L with Xpenology use 5 HDD without any issue.

• 6 months later...