XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader (with MBR partition Table)

Big_11

Hi,

trying to use it on a dell wyse amd machine with 8111.

tried normal version 3615, 3617, 918 loaders en system is not found with 1.03b or 1.04.

To test i switched to 1.2b uefi system is found bit hangs in migratble status each time i finished. Tested after several attempt with 1.0b mbr genesys and finally i could complete the setup.

with triggered me to go for 1.3b mbr but now i get this error so confused

hemant

1 hour ago, Hemant13579 said:

trying to use it on a dell wyse amd machine

if you want to know 1.04b 918+ is even possible you would need to be more precise about the cpu

thats the thing to start with

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/13333-tutorialreference-6x-loaders-and-platforms/

the thing about mbr is more does it boot or not, if you try a hp desktop with the normal gpt version its not booting at all and thats the point where you need mbr

if the normal version worked then the difference in success was not about mbr or gpt

1.03b cant  do clean uefi, it needs csm/legacy mode and you also need to use the non uefi usb boot device (that migh only be visible after booting once with csm on

just try the normal 1.03b version and make sure to have csm on and the right boot device

Hi IG-88,

CPU:  AMD G-T48E Processor

NIC; Realtek RTL8111E-VL/8111F GBE

When using 1.03b 3615 or 3617 i always lose the system after first install, after re-writing the image, it pops up as migratable but hangs there forever whatever I do to re-install.

Hemant

8 hours ago, hemant said:

When using 1.03b 3615 or 3617 i always lose the system after first install, after re-writing the image, it pops up as migratable but hangs there forever whatever I do to re-install.

i've had sometime problems when assigning a static ip address when installing, dhcp always worked so far

you can also try to use usb/disk combo on another system for installing and then take both back to your wyse system

3 hours ago, hemant said:

I'm running on DHCP, my other systems are HP with are MBR based

so then use the hp to prepare a usb/disk

just use the usb you intended for the whyse (match the usb's vid/pid in grub.cfg) disconnect alls disks and the hp's usb and use the new usb and a empty disk to intall

after you are done you copy off the grub.cfg from you new usb, rewrite it with the non mbr version of the loader and copy your tested grub.cfg back to that new non mbr version

that usb and the disk you prepared will hopefully boot on the whyse

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 11:06 AM, Big_11 said:

Hi Big_11

i habe a QNAP TS-269Pro and i need to install Synology DSM... i find your post and downloaded the file, while i have the same propblems as you had.

i downloaded your file, after installation and boot from UBS Stick I recevied the error:

erro: disk 'gpt1'  not found. 

Entering rescue mode...

grub rescue >..

and this is all, what is my mistakle or is the file not ready?

thanks in advance.

peppi

For those who need a MBR Bootloader for DSM 6.2 i've uploaded it here, if someone will give them a Chance...

i've successfully installed this on an Supermicro X7DBP-i with Intel Blackford 5000P Chipset.

It is a loader for the DSM6.2-23739.pat and can be directly upgraded to 6.2.2-24922 Update 2..

http://ul.to/zg58eusm

this loader is based on Jun's Mod of Genesys Loader and done with their help!...
Thanks a lot..

Quote (Hide contents)

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

BRAVO and a very very big thank you Big_11 !!!
It worked wonderfully for an HP Z420 Workstation baremetal.

With :
XEON E5 1620 3,6Ghz 4 cores
+ Intel X550-T2 10Gbps NIC
+ SATA 3 88SE9239 PCIe v2 x4

The info center show : Intel Core i3-4130 3,6Ghz 2 cores, but anyway better that than nothing.

Small question :
is there any tutorial to learn how to transform Jun synoboot to MBR ?

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, HermanCruz said:

Error Code 21 shows when upgrading DS3617sx 6.2.3-25426 to 6.2.4-25556 Please help

as @billat29 posted before...
i'm pretty sure that 6.2.4-xxx is not supported by this loader (anyway if MBR or GPT)...

@HermanCruzpls read carefully the Attentions at the top if this forum !!
espacially this
"Critical Update READ ME topic - IMPORTANT - XPEnology Community"

Edited by Big_11

• 2 months later...
14 hours ago, Flashmarion said:

Have the motherboard MSI Z590-a PRO, intel i3 10105f.

Use the all loader but the NAS is not find in network (synology assistant not find it)

spec say's "1x Intel® I225-V 2.5Gbps LAN"

the driver for that is only build into kernel 5.x and intel does not intent do make a standalone driver for older kernels (like 3.10/4.4 as synology uses)

(the driver would be igc.ko)

use a realtek 2.5G nic if it has to be 2.5G or any usual intel 1G nic (realtek 8168/8111 will work too)

Edited by IG-88

On 1/3/2020 at 3:06 AM, Manti said:

Thank you! Worked on a hp dc7900 with DSM 6.2.2

I have a HP DC7900 and I cannot get the OS to install properly, after install it prompts me to migrate and I only have one disk installed and it's blank. Then if I go ahead and migrate re-installing the OS it just reboot and then nothing, it's not found on the network however it loads from the USB as normal.

Can you share your BIOS settings and USB drive setup? 

Thanks

27 minutes ago, ikannuna said:

I have a HP DC7900 and I cannot get the OS to install properly, after install it prompts me to migrate and I only have one disk installed and it's blank. Then if I go ahead and migrate re-installing the OS it just reboot and then nothing, it's not found on the network however it loads from the USB as normal.

Can you share your BIOS settings and USB drive setup? 

Thanks

Hi Did you user the MBR version for HP models, i do recall I had to use the MBR one for HP which worked. Also de bios is set to legacy boot. I used the 3615 image for that box. and you need to make use your MAC address is correct.

Hemant

10 hours ago, hemant said:

Hi Did you user the MBR version for HP models, i do recall I had to use the MBR one for HP which worked. Also de bios is set to legacy boot.

for that desktop model for sure

disable secure boot, enable csm/legacy and boot from usb legacy device (F9 on boot, its also possible to disable uefi boot completly in bios on the section where the boot order is set)

10 hours ago, hemant said:

I used the 3615 image for that box. and you need to make use your MAC address is correct.

the mac is more about convenience (same mac in network when dsm is running as seen in bios or seen when a normal os is booted) or if you want to use WOL

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...