XPEnology Community

DSM 6.2 Loader (with MBR partition Table)

Big_11

For those who need a MBR Bootloader for DSM 6.2 i've uploaded it here, if someone will give them a Chance...

i've successfully installed this on an Supermicro X7DBP-i with Intel Blackford 5000P Chipset.

It is a loader for the DSM6.2-23739.pat and can be directly upgraded to 6.2.2-24922 Update 2..

http://ul.to/zg58eusm

this loader is based on Jun's Mod of Genesys Loader and done with their help!...
Thanks a lot..

Spoiler
On 8/14/2019 at 5:11 PM, Big_11 said:

GOT IT !!!...

I've succesfully installed DSM 6.2.2-24922 update 2 to my Supermicro Server !!!..

After a lot of fails with installing for 916+ or 918+ i tried the DS3615xs Version

Took the 1.02 MBR Loader of Genesys and replaced the files with thes from 1.03b Loader…
and it worked !

i'am happy

thanks to all for your support
and by now i am really more experienced !..

have a nice day..

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

THANKS! This is absolutely what I needed. The QNAP TS-x69 Pro board has the option to disable UEFI boot and boot just legacy but for some reason the normal bootloader from the Jun's would not boot in legacy mode on this device. UEFI would boot but then no ethernet. I know legacy on MBR worked ok too as I booted FreeDOS usb stick. Thanks to your modded MBR loader its working great! Damn QNAP OS is limited to 3GB or it locks up and also prevents SSD cach on this older model. XPeneology and DSM breaks both those beariers and give this old NAS new life 8GB RAM and a pair of 500GB SSDs for cache.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Big_11 said:

Hi, 

first of all a big thank you to Big_11 for his great additional work.💪

But currently I have a "small" problem...😕  

To explain: I have an IBM X3200 M3 server ( UEFI and BIOS ) with 4x 4TB SAS hard disks in the LSI RAID/SAS controller and 3x 4TB SATA hard disks directly on the motherboard and an additional 1x SSD 120GB. All hard drives, except the SSD, are connected in RAID5 with DSM 6.2.

Well, after changing your loader with MBR and changing to "Leagcy boot" ( BIOS ) only the SATA hard drives are recognized and not the SAS hard drives in the LSI RAID/SAS controller. 

Now I have updated my DSM to the current DSM 6.2.2., but all my data - just under 16 TB - is now virtually gone. 🥺

In the BIOS, I have already looked and checked them all. At booing, the SAS disks are displayed, but in the DSM they are not there.

What can/must I do? Do you or someone else have a solution or idea how I can get all my data back?

• 2 months later...
On 11/1/2019 at 2:30 PM, G8org said:

Thank you! Finally boot on the HP xw4600 board. I tested all bootloader without MBR, no chance, even after BIOS update not. Is in my practice the first board where I needed loader with MBR.

Can u write the steps so it can be easy for others please

• 2 weeks later...

I moved all files of loader 1.04b on this MBR and it work fine for DS918+ !

So I decided to resize partitions for fit fillezilla with synoboot for multiboot, and it work !

For everybody interrested to have filezilla on synoboot, copy all live folder to first partition and add after grub.cfg:

menuentry "Clonezilla live (Default settings, VGA 800x600)" --class os {
  search --set -f /live/vmlinuz
  linux /live/vmlinuz boot=live union=overlay username=user config components quiet noswap edd=on nomodeset enforcing=0 locales= keyboard-layouts= ocs_live_run="ocs-live-general" ocs_live_extra_param="" ocs_live_batch="no" vga=800 ip= net.ifnames=0  splash i915.blacklist=yes radeonhd.blacklist=yes nouveau.blacklist=yes vmwgfx.enable_fbdev=1
  initrd /live/initrd.img
}

Edited by dyter

On 8/21/2019 at 12:06 PM, Big_11 said:

For those who need a MBR Bootloader for DSM 6.2 i've uploaded it here, if someone will give them a Chance...

i've successfully installed this on an Supermicro X7DBP-i with Intel Blackford 5000P Chipset.

It is a loader for the DSM6.2-23739.pat and can be directly upgraded to 6.2.2-24922 Update 2..

this loader is based on Jun's Mod of Genesys Loader and done with their help!...
Thanks a lot..

Quote (Hide contents)

Thank you a lot! I will try as soon as work and child allow me.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Le 21/08/2019 à 11:06, Big_11 a dit :

Thanks a lot..

Quote (Révéler le contenu masqué)

Good evening
I would like to install it on HP dc7800p, but the BIOS of the PC does not start on the USB stick

Le 19/09/2020 à 07:33, Big_11 a dit :

i don't know about this Maschine, but possibly something went wrong creating the Boot Stick... 

be aware if the Stick is GPT or MBR formatted... 

good luck

HI

I format my USB stick with rufus in MBR mode, but my PC does not recognize the stick at Boot

• 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, hemant said:

imaged USB with Etcher, Rufus and Win32Diskimager, any ideas what is wrong and how to solve this?

your system does not need and support mbr version of the loader?

needed often for HP desktop systems, what hardware are you trying to get up and running?

used the mbr loader on my hp desktops the last 2 weeks to test 3615 and 3617 drivers, no problems (used Win32DiskImager 1.0)