XPEnology Community

some questions post migrating from 6.1.7 to 6.2.1

hello, just migrated from 6.1.7 to 6.2.1 using 1.04b loader and 918+ pat file.

everything seems to work fine, but there is just something I can't explain.

In control panel dsm installed seem to be 6.2.1 with already installed update 6. How is it possible? I am 100% sure I installed 6.2.1 pat file, this one:

https://archive.synology.com/download/DSM/release/6.2.1/23824/    

of course I choose the .pat file for 918+. so I expected to make manual upgrade of update n.6 later.

Is it possible the migrating process applied automatically update 6?

The 6.2.1 pat file was realease in 10/2018 and its update n.6 realeased in 02/2019. what I am missing?

Just for information, I alsol tried to mannualy apply update 6 pack, but dsm returns that I can only make most recent update, so it actually seems update 6 is really installed. But how come?

Second question, as you can see from image attached, Is that update available repoting badly? I suppose it should be 6.2.2 update 2, not 6.2.1 update 2. Is that an error/bug?

Cattura.PNG

If you didn’t activate automatic updates it installs only the version (pat) you previously downloaded and selected for the installation. It looks like you downloaded a newer pat than the one which is linked in the forum.

What Dsm shows is not a bug. It’s a newer build with an update (24922, you have 23824).

I havent never had automatic update.....It Is too Dangerous. As i said i load that Pat file of the link i posted. I am sure of this. Thats why i asked what happened. And, as far as i know, there Is not a newer 6.2.1 Pat. There only are update packs that you can load later, After installing the main 6.2.1 Pat, That One from the link above. This Is the way It has Always been......

24922 It Is 6.2.2 DSM version. i know It Is newer. But the bug i refer to It Is That in my image It Is reported as 6.2.1 version not 6.2.2.