Fix the problem of moments 1.3.x face recognition NOT work


Recommended Posts

After upgraded to DSM 6.2.2 and moments 1.3.2, the face recognition is empty , and concept category only has child.

 

I found thus shoud be a bug of photo detection plugin.

So, there is the way to fix it:

1. enable SSH, and disable Moments.

2. replace /var/packages/SynologyMoments/target/usr/lib/libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so with my attachment. 

3. enable Moments. (maybe need to reindex.)

everything is fine.

Enjoy~

 

libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, xtronets said:

I have putty but i want do tgin in winscp

 

You can copy the file to "/tmp/" folder with winscp.

Then,  login with ssh(putty), run: 
sudo  cp   /tmp/libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so    /var/packages/SynologyMoments/target/usr/lib/libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/23/2019 at 9:53 AM, G Jie said:

2. replace /var/packages/SynologyMoments/target/usr/lib/libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so with my attachment.

 

Hello,

 

As prescribed by the forum rules:

 

Quote

7 - Attachements must come with clear descriptions of what they are and what they do.

8 - Materials derived from Open Source must include source code, as well as an explanation of what has been done to it.

 

Could please inform us what were the changes made to that file?

 

Thank you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

 

Hello,

 

As prescribed by the forum rules:

 

 

Could please inform us what were the changes made to that file?

 

Thank you.

Sure,  Idon't know how to edit the exist topic. Ca you update it for me?

 

The libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so is extracted from previous version(1.2.1-0646) of Moments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have Moments 1.3.3-0700 installed and tried the fix above. I managed to download the full Moments package for version 1.2.1-0646 (the X86 version) and extract the libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so file. I stopped the Moments package, replaced the file with the older version and then started it again and triggered a re-index but it didn't fix the problem. I'm running Xpenology on an HP N54L with AMD Turion II processor.

 

Is this fix still working for people and if so any pointers for something I might have missed?

 

This is an extract from my synophoto.log file:

2020-01-27T16:31:58+00:00 TheHamptons synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/lib/io/channel.cpp:104 channel[] failed to send: write: Broken pipe
2020-01-27T16:31:58+00:00 TheHamptons synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/lib/io/channel.cpp:81 channel[/run/synophoto/concept.socket] construct failed: connect: Connection refused

 

Any pointers gratefully received!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 12:55 AM, Mjombly said:

I have Moments 1.3.3-0700 installed and tried the fix above. I managed to download the full Moments package for version 1.2.1-0646 (the X86 version) and extract the libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so file. I stopped the Moments package, replaced the file with the older version and then started it again and triggered a re-index but it didn't fix the problem. I'm running Xpenology on an HP N54L with AMD Turion II processor.

 

Is this fix still working for people and if so any pointers for something I might have missed?

 

This is an extract from my synophoto.log file:

2020-01-27T16:31:58+00:00 TheHamptons synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/lib/io/channel.cpp:104 channel[] failed to send: write: Broken pipe
2020-01-27T16:31:58+00:00 TheHamptons synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/lib/io/channel.cpp:81 channel[/run/synophoto/concept.socket] construct failed: connect: Connection refused

 

Any pointers gratefully received!

same to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
On 8/23/2019 at 4:53 AM, G Jie said:

After upgraded to DSM 6.2.2 and moments 1.3.2, the face recognition is empty , and concept category only has child.

 

I found thus shoud be a bug of photo detection plugin.

So, there is the way to fix it:

1. enable SSH, and disable Moments.

2. replace /var/packages/SynologyMoments/target/usr/lib/libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so with my attachment. 

3. enable Moments. (maybe need to reindex.)

everything is fine.

Enjoy~

 

libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so 48.72 kB · 180 downloads

 

Is this still working? Seems a few people posted problems and no answer in months..

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2020 at 5:00 AM, Jamzor said:

 

Is this still working? Seems a few people posted problems and no answer in months..

 

I have had success using this fix.  ESXi 7.0 with i5-8500T, 4 vCPUs running Jun1.04b and DS918+ 6.2.3-25426

Edited by DSMonESXi
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DSMonESXi said:

 

I have had success using this fix.  ESXi 7.0 with i5-8500T, 4 vCPUs running Jun1.04b and DS918+ 6.2.3-25426

 

Doesnt work for me.. Subject Dog can be found but no faces. and in "for you" tab always says "come back later" basically...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You may wish to see my other post for the reason.  If you have correct number of core in ESXi set up, there is no need to patch the file.

Using an old component will certainly cause some other issues.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.