XPEnology Community

Fix the problem of moments 1.3.x face recognition NOT work

G Jie

After upgraded to DSM 6.2.2 and moments 1.3.2, the face recognition is empty , and concept category only has child.

I found thus shoud be a bug of photo detection plugin.

So, there is the way to fix it:

1. enable SSH, and disable Moments.

2. replace /var/packages/SynologyMoments/target/usr/lib/libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so with my attachment. 

3. enable Moments. (maybe need to reindex.)

everything is fine.

Enjoy~

libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

12 hours ago, xtronets said:

I have putty but i want do tgin in winscp

You can copy the file to "/tmp/" folder with winscp.

Then,  login with ssh(putty), run: 
sudo  cp   /tmp/libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so    /var/packages/SynologyMoments/target/usr/lib/libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so 

On 8/23/2019 at 9:53 AM, G Jie said:

2. replace /var/packages/SynologyMoments/target/usr/lib/libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so with my attachment.

Hello,

As prescribed by the forum rules:

7 - Attachements must come with clear descriptions of what they are and what they do.

8 - Materials derived from Open Source must include source code, as well as an explanation of what has been done to it.

Could please inform us what were the changes made to that file?

Thank you.

15 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

Hello,

As prescribed by the forum rules:

Could please inform us what were the changes made to that file?

Thank you.

Sure,  Idon't know how to edit the exist topic. Ca you update it for me?

The libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so is extracted from previous version(1.2.1-0646) of Moments.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have Moments 1.3.3-0700 installed and tried the fix above. I managed to download the full Moments package for version 1.2.1-0646 (the X86 version) and extract the libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so file. I stopped the Moments package, replaced the file with the older version and then started it again and triggered a re-index but it didn't fix the problem. I'm running Xpenology on an HP N54L with AMD Turion II processor.

Is this fix still working for people and if so any pointers for something I might have missed?

This is an extract from my synophoto.log file:

2020-01-27T16:31:58+00:00 TheHamptons synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/lib/io/channel.cpp:104 channel[] failed to send: write: Broken pipe
2020-01-27T16:31:58+00:00 TheHamptons synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/lib/io/channel.cpp:81 channel[/run/synophoto/concept.socket] construct failed: connect: Connection refused

Any pointers gratefully received!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 12:55 AM, Mjombly said:

I have Moments 1.3.3-0700 installed and tried the fix above. I managed to download the full Moments package for version 1.2.1-0646 (the X86 version) and extract the libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so file. I stopped the Moments package, replaced the file with the older version and then started it again and triggered a re-index but it didn't fix the problem. I'm running Xpenology on an HP N54L with AMD Turion II processor.

Is this fix still working for people and if so any pointers for something I might have missed?

This is an extract from my synophoto.log file:

2020-01-27T16:31:58+00:00 TheHamptons synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/lib/io/channel.cpp:104 channel[] failed to send: write: Broken pipe
2020-01-27T16:31:58+00:00 TheHamptons synophoto-task-center: /source/synophoto/src/lib/io/channel.cpp:81 channel[/run/synophoto/concept.socket] construct failed: connect: Connection refused

Any pointers gratefully received!

same to me.

• 3 months later...
On 8/23/2019 at 4:53 AM, G Jie said:

After upgraded to DSM 6.2.2 and moments 1.3.2, the face recognition is empty , and concept category only has child.

I found thus shoud be a bug of photo detection plugin.

So, there is the way to fix it:

1. enable SSH, and disable Moments.

3. enable Moments. (maybe need to reindex.)

everything is fine.

Enjoy~

libsynophoto-plugin-detection.so 48.72 kB · 180 downloads

Is this still working? Seems a few people posted problems and no answer in months..

On 6/17/2020 at 5:00 AM, Jamzor said:

Is this still working? Seems a few people posted problems and no answer in months..

I have had success using this fix.  ESXi 7.0 with i5-8500T, 4 vCPUs running Jun1.04b and DS918+ 6.2.3-25426

Edited by DSMonESXi

22 hours ago, DSMonESXi said:

I have had success using this fix.  ESXi 7.0 with i5-8500T, 4 vCPUs running Jun1.04b and DS918+ 6.2.3-25426

Doesnt work for me.. Subject Dog can be found but no faces. and in "for you" tab always says "come back later" basically...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...