XPEnology Community

Realtek GbE with 3615+ 6.2.2

singhsnet

I am trying to upgrade from a Gigabyte motherboard with B75M chipset. 

it has Reltek GbE lan. I see that 6.2.1+ needs intel nic. How do I add realtek driver with this?

I am using 1.03b loader

when I uncomment the extra.lzma section, it gives me error that file '/rd/gz' not found. it also seems that it can not locate $img/$extra_initrd

I tried searching all over but not sure why the 2nd partition content is not read. 

any pointers?

Edited by singhsnet
loader version

On 8/19/2019 at 7:00 PM, singhsnet said:

I am trying to upgrade from a Gigabyte motherboard with B75M chipset. 

it has Reltek GbE lan. I see that 6.2.1+ needs intel nic. How do I add realtek driver with this?

I am using 1.03b loader

when I uncomment the extra.lzma section, it gives me error that file '/rd/gz' not found. it also seems that it can not locate $img/$extra_initrd

I tried searching all over but not sure why the 2nd partition content is not read. 

any pointers?

try using real3x extra.lzma mod, search in this forum

he had 6.2.2 update 2 earlier, no detail how he had that earlier. in my case the network is blacked out and I am not sure how to get full log to know more whats wrong.

1 hour ago, viettanium said:

the guy in this post says the Realtek GbE now working again in DSM 6.2.2 Update 3, no need for extra.lzma modding?

https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/20031-dsm-622-24922-update-3/?do=findComment&comment=119196

update: installed and working!