XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

Hello, my name is yosus and I'm new on this forum, I want to thank everyone for the support and I hope someone can help me.

I'm trying to build a NAS using this motherboard and xpenology. I've create the usb drive and boot from it using nanoboot, then select "Synology DSM 5.0 (upgrade/Degrade)" and then "Synology DSM 5.0-4493" (or other version). My problem is nic seems not to be recognized since I have the message "eth0 not RUNNING".

What do i have to do to make ethernet being recognized?

Thanks

Which version of nanoboot? And are you using the defaults or did you edit any of the files?

Hello,

I'm going to build my first NAS based on Q1900 with XPEnology OS and I would like to ask you which motherboard has lower power consumption - Asrock Q1900-ITX (with 80PLUS Gold PSU) or Q1900DC-ITX (with power supply from old laptop). In both cases I will use 2pcs of WD Red 3TB (Raid 1) and 1pc of 4GB of RAM module.

Thanks,

Petben

Hello,

I'm going to build my first NAS based on Q1900 with XPEnology OS and I would like to ask you which motherboard has lower power consumption - Asrock Q1900-ITX (with 80PLUS Gold PSU) or Q1900DC-ITX (with power supply from old laptop). In both cases I will use 2pcs of WD Red 3TB (Raid 1) and 1pc of 4GB of RAM module.

Thanks,

Petben

It doesn't matter. You can use a 1200W PSU and (theoretically) the energy consumption is the same as a 90W DC "power supply"

What it does matter, is that the PSU gives the right amount of power that the hardware needs.

For example, a 4x 4TB HDD with 2x DIMM RAM cards and 1x PCIe card with 2 SSDs consume 40W. If the DC power supply is 90W. So it should work just fine.

It doesn't matter. You can use a 1200W PSU and (theoretically) the energy consumption is the same as a 90W DC "power supply"

To be more precise there is some lost of power on "idle" in any power supply. 1200W PSU will waste more. The ideal power supply that has just a little more than maximum possible power output required, but not too excessive.

Did not find the answer for that, so still using gnoboot. Up and running with update 4!

Kasteleman because i have same problem but the wol for me is very important can you help me how to install 4493 with update 4 on gnoboot?

Thank you in advance.

What it does matter, is that the PSU gives the right amount of power that the hardware needs.

For example, a 4x 4TB HDD with 2x DIMM RAM cards and 1x PCIe card with 2 SSDs consume 40W. If the DC power supply is 90W. So it should work just fine.

I found this - http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q1900DC-ITX/

"DC Adapter Saves More Energy

Compared to other counterparts, this motherboard is powered by DC adapter and able to reduce power consumption by a maximum of 50% when idle and 38% at full loading! Without traditional PSU, you can save a lot of energy and be more friendly to our environments."

AM1-SaveEnergy-Q1900DC-ITX.jpg

This looks like BIG difference.

Read the usual upgradeprocedure for nanoboot in this forum. I used the exact same. First download the upgradefile, but don't install it. Then you have to execute some command with sed in it and then upgrade. As said before: read the upgrade procedure for nanoboot.

OK I will. Thank you very much for the help.

Can anyone help with wol on this mobo?

I got WOL working by permanently editing the GRUB command line. After editing it looks like this:

kernel /zImage ihd_num=0 netif_num=4 syno_hw_version=DS3612xs sn=xxxxxxxxxx mac1:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=0 vga=0x305 rmmod=r8169 insmod=r8168

Can anyone help with wol on this mobo?

I got WOL working by permanently editing the GRUB command line. After editing it looks like this:

kernel /zImage ihd_num=0 netif_num=4 syno_hw_version=DS3612xs sn=xxxxxxxxxx mac1:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=0 vga=0x305 rmmod=r8169 insmod=r8168

It's working!!!

Thank you very much for your help!! You are great my friend!

hELLO EVERYONE,

I have 2 Xpenology systems up running...one with an intel nic, and another one with a realtek 8111 nic which is the common enumerator in this whole story...i experienced the same problems with woo and network speeds!

i defiately have NO hdd bottlenecks as both dams are running 6 disks in raid and also have ssds...did testing and i have 120mb/s on the intel nic over cable...thats about the maximum a gigabit connection can handle...whereas on the realtek i have 35-max45 but very wobbly, probably the average would be around 25...it definitely IS slow...also WOL aint working.

i have inserted sinology mac ids on both systems in dam as i had 2 sync stations lying around which i am not using anymore...on intel wake on lan will work with the sinology mac adress! meaning if i enter the mac dress of the sinology i had it will turn on!

on realtek it will not work, neither when setting its real mac nor when using anotherone.

right now running lspci -v show it is loading the r8169 driver. i am guessing hoping that it is a driver issue that can be solved...i can in fact live without wol but not with those transfer speeds

what did you do to fix wol? maybe this will fix the transfer speeds issue too...

did you add this rmmod=r8169 insmod=r8168 to use the older driver?

hELLO EVERYONE,

I have 2 Xpenology systems up running...one with an intel nic, and another one with a realtek 8111 nic which is the common enumerator in this whole story...i experienced the same problems with woo and network speeds!

i defiately have NO hdd bottlenecks as both dams are running 6 disks in raid and also have ssds...did testing and i have 120mb/s on the intel nic over cable...thats about the maximum a gigabit connection can handle...whereas on the realtek i have 35-max45 but very wobbly, probably the average would be around 25...it definitely IS slow...also WOL aint working.

i have inserted sinology mac ids on both systems in dam as i had 2 sync stations lying around which i am not using anymore...on intel wake on lan will work with the sinology mac adress! meaning if i enter the mac dress of the sinology i had it will turn on!

on realtek it will not work, neither when setting its real mac nor when using anotherone.

right now running lspci -v show it is loading the r8169 driver. i am guessing hoping that it is a driver issue that can be solved...i can in fact live without wol but not with those transfer speeds

what did you do to fix wol? maybe this will fix the transfer speeds issue too...

did you add this rmmod=r8169 insmod=r8168 to use the older driver?

I used this tutorial to get WOL working: http://www.xpenology.nl/wake-on-lan/

I changed to the older driver r8168 because r8169 doesn't support WOL on the Realtek 8111, this is indeed a driver issue.

ethtool -i eth0

driver: r8168

version: 8.038.00

firmware-version:

bus-info: 0000:03:00.0

Hi all,

Seems that ESXi works if you install another video card. Can someone test and confirm...I'm thinking of ordering this MB.

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/4 ... 5&tstart=0

Thank you.

Knowing that since some time BUT unfortunately, this specific MB doesn't have a GPU slot and therefore, you cannot install a GPU on it.

What you could try, is to update its BIOS, set it up as for "production" with all BIOS settings, pull out the HDD/SSD used for installing ESX, and do the installation on another computer where you have a GPU.

After ESX is installed, you can migrate the HDD/SSD back to the NAS and boot as usual.

For me it worked just fine with this procedure but anyhow I like HyperV a lot more and I stick to it as it offers me more options.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Seems that ESXi works if you install another video card. Can someone test and confirm...I'm thinking of ordering this MB.

https://communities.vmware.com/thread/4 ... 5&tstart=0

Thank you.

Knowing that since some time BUT unfortunately, this specific MB doesn't have a GPU slot and therefore, you cannot install a GPU on it.

What you could try, is to update its BIOS, set it up as for "production" with all BIOS settings, pull out the HDD/SSD used for installing ESX, and do the installation on another computer where you have a GPU.

After ESX is installed, you can migrate the HDD/SSD back to the NAS and boot as usual.

For me it worked just fine with this procedure but anyhow I like HyperV a lot more and I stick to it as it offers me more options.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why do you say it doesn't have a GPU slot ? PCIe 2.0 x1 can't be used ?

by the way, salutari tovarase Bucurestean :smile:

Dang nigga!

Apparently there are some GPUs that use PCIe X1. Mostly probable hard to get :-/

Hai noroc!

You can always buy cheapest GPU on slot PCI-e x8 and cut it to match to slot x1. You dont need x8 speed under ESXi so its cheap and quick solution.

Has anyone tried building a NAS with one of these boards and more than 4 (let's say up to 6) 3.5" hard drives? I'm curious if that would be possible, from a power usage point of view.

From what I've read, the Q1900DC can power 4 drives, however, I do not now if that's the actual limit. And what about the Q1900 with a PicoPSU? I don't know if PicoPSU's can handle the startup current of that number of drives.

(Note: I'm not looking at standard ATX power supplies because those do not have a DC input.)

I need some help guys...

I have a new NAS (ASROCK Q1900-ITX, 4GB Crucial DDR3 SO-DIMM, BeQuiet SystemPower 7 300Watt and a Fractal Design Node 304). Everything's working fine but not the USB 3.0. I installed the latest BIOS (1.40) and configured the BIOS as fufik65 said :

Hello tomcarmen,

bios setting is very easy,latest version 1.20.ADVANCED-SUPER IO CONFIGURATION..disable serial ans paraller port.ADVNACED-USB COnFIGURATION...all enable.BOOT-CSM...enable and all set to LEGACY.Good luck

Then I updates Nanoboot to 5.0.3.2 and DSM to 5.0 4528. After that I installed Update 1 and Update 2. But no chance...USB 3.0 ist still dead. No USB stick or HDD is working on the ports. Neither directly on the board on the backside of the case nor at the frontpanel.

Has someone any idea what to do?