XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

Hello.

I'm trying this tutorial : http://www.xpenology.nl/wake-on-lan/

First of all, I've enabled Wake On Lan on my motherboard : http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AM1H-ITX/

This is my MAC Address (on Synology Assistant and on router) : F0:50:59:2F:D4:1C

On Part 1 in menu_nano.lst (Nanoboot (5.0.3.2) DSM 5.0-4528) :

I've added only mac1, no other change

kernel /zImage ihd_num=0 netif_num=4 syno_hw_version=DS3612xs sn=B3J4N01003 mac1=F050592FD41C vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=0 vga=0x305

On part 2 point 9 :

With WinSCP (ssh some problem with vi) I've set in : etc/synoinfo.conf like this :

wol_enabled_options=""

eth0_wol_options="g"

After NAS restart the ' WOL 'status is now "WOL".

Now from Synology Assistant :

WOL -> Activate ... after 100% -> WOL Status : N/D

What I'm doing wrong?

Nas is shutdown but is normally connected to power line and ethernet cable. Do I need other?

Asrock motherboard have problems with drivers?

Thanks!

Hi,

for nanoboot

menu_nano.lst kernel /zImage ihd_num=0 netif_num=4 sn=B3J4N02105 vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=0 vga=0x305 rmmod=r8169 insmod=r8168

wol_enabled_options="g"

Sorry but it's not working on my pc :roll:

Any suggestions? Is there a video tutorial?

Can depend from DSM version? (I have DSM 5.0-4528 Update 2)

Thanks

Hi guys

I am planning to buy this Q1900-ITX and have some questions regarding RAM and harddisk.

It says : Supports DDR3/DDR3L 1333 memory, 2 x SO-DIMM slots

I have two memory type already. Kingston KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX and GSkill DDR3-1600 PC3-12800

Which one can be used?

Also it says 2 x sata3 and 2 x sata2, if we use both in a raid. The 6 GB/S would be be optimised right?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just ordered this mobo Asrock Q1900-ITX and planning to stick it into a Fractal Node 304 (6 hdd bays).

I was initially planning on ESXi but I guess that has shown not to work. What other virtualization options are easiest for a newbie? I have experience with virtualbox but I think I can give hyper-v a go(there's guides).

My question would be for those that have Hyper-V installed - Can I run this off a USB drive? I'd like to keep the sata ports for scalability with large HDD's. My goal with this box is to create a NAS and a few VM environments for me to play with. In ESXi - I'd need a USB for boot, and a drive for datastore. Is there such a need for Hyper-V? Thanks for helping me out.

Schnapps,

Did you use the free standalone Hyper-V Server 2012 R2 or as an installable Hyper-V Role in Windows Server 2012 R2?

I already have ESXi 5.5 working and would like to play with Hyper-V on this motherboard if the cost and learning curve are manageable.

Thanks.

I used the Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 ServerHyperCore for HyperV my installation and thought that a GUI might help more, so then I added the Server 2012 R2 GUI with PowerShell.

So basically, now I have a 2012 R2 server with HyperV role installed.

I have some extensive knowledge with lots of hipervisors, due to the nature of my job, and ESX was not working when I ordered this MB(even now isn't working natively) so I was left to chose from HyperV and XenServer. Due to personal reasons, I went forward with HyperV.

Schnapps, thanks. Your posts are the reason I bought the J1900. So even with Win Server 2012 R2, the power consumption didn't change?

I have a OCZ Arc 100 240gb I'll use for the OS and I am split between MS Server + HyperV core vs just straight up Hyper-V.

I'll be asking you many questions in the coming week for my install =p

Hey guys. Just tried to install a 2 port SATA controller on the mpcie slot. It doesn't fit! There is some capacitors that are blocking the front of the pcie slot. Anyone else encounter this issue? How did you guys get it to fit?

I'm a bit paranoid about forcing it as the SATA ports on this board are super fragile already. I don't want to break anything forcing it in.

This is the q1900DC

Hey guys. Just tried to install a 2 port SATA controller on the mpcie slot. It doesn't fit! There is some capacitors that are blocking the front of the pcie slot. Anyone else encounter this issue? How did you guys get it to fit?

I'm a bit paranoid about forcing it as the SATA ports on this board are super fragile already. I don't want to break anything forcing it in.

This is the q1900DC

My Q1900DC is still in the mail, but I recall someone mentioning on one that only a wifi module would work in the mPCIe slot. The manual is pretty bad on the details.

PCIe slots:

PCIE1 (PCIe 2.0 x1 slot) is used for PCI Express cards with x1 lane width cards.

MINI_PCIE1 (mini-PCIe slot) is used for WiFi module.

That looks interesting Schnapps. That would add one more SATA device to your set up.

Question. Did you use nanoboot or gnoboot for your install? I plan on adding a Rosewill PCI-E to 2x SATA + 2x eSATA controller card to my set up and would like to figure out if it supports the card off one of those boot roms.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6816132014