XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

11 hours ago, Bonebreaker777 said:

Working perfectly fine for me on my N3150-ITX board from AsRock. On both SATA controllers too, I might add. 6.1.3-15152

Working on my Q1900-ITX too (6.1.3 U3), but some apps, like Plex, may prevent HDD hibernation. If it's the reason why yours can't hibernate, you could create scheduled tasks to stop and launch those apps during the night so HDDs can sleep too :smile: I did it for Plex and the logs clearly list HDD hibernation few minutes after it stopped.

On 7/15/2017 at 7:34 PM, robermix said:

Great news. In this days i'm planning to upgrade my build from DSM 5.1 to DMS 6.1 with a fresh install.

Now i've installed 4 sata drives each with their own volume, so nothing RAID o SHR.  To avoid the problem to have to backup data before each DSM update i will change the build.

I'm switching the sata drives from sata internal mode to esata mode, in this way the drives will become only data EXT4 drives, and i'll add a new drive which will runs DSM. 

So when i want to update DSM i have only to unplug the esata data drives, update DSM, check synoinfo.conf and reconnect the drive in esata mode.

I'm thinking to use a SSD as DSM system drive to create a zero-noise build when the esata data drives gone to sleep/hybernation. 

About the new transcoding option for Plex i've found this topic: https://xpenology.com/forum/topic/7151-difference-ds916-ds3615xs-and-ds3617xs/

DS3617xs use the Xeon D-1527 which doesn't have any GPU integrated, so i infer that the hardware transcoding will not work with a DS3617xs system image.

At this point, i wonder which system image is better between DS916+ and DS3615xs to test the new hardware transcoding feature.

Were you able to get the DS916+ working on the q1900. I read it was not possible. I have tried to install it, but after the setup, I can't get assisstant to connect to the XPenology....

WOL finally works!

I've created a short script saved in a file I named ETH0wake.sh and placed it in usr/local/etc/rc.d, along with S99PowersavingIntel.sh and S99ZZZ_Shutdown.sh.

The content is very simple,  enables (at boot and stop) the wakeup flag of the Q1900 LAN which was always "disabled" for me, you can test by typing: 

cat /sys/class/net/eth0/device/power/wakeup

and the "ethtool -s eth0 wol g" to force enable WOL at boot and stop.

I really suck at scripts and I know it's not a good idea to put sudo command, but it works for me, so you could try on your own Q1900 or other hardware if WOL is not working. If someone with good knowledge can make it better, that would be awesome!

so, go to the rc.d folder by ssh, then "vi ETH0wake.sh", type "i" to switch to edit mode and copy/paste the following content:

#!/bin/sh

case $1 in
    start)
           sudo sh -c "echo enabled >  /sys/class/net/eth0/device/power/wakeup "
           sudo ethtool -s eth0 wol g
                    ;;
                        stop)
           sudo sh -c "echo enabled >  /sys/class/net/eth0/device/power/wakeup "
           sudo ethtool -s eth0 wol g
                                        ;;
                                        esac

then hit "ESC", type ":wq" and give 755 permissions to the file.

It works for me, I did test with DS Finder on my smartphone but I suppose it works too with my tomato router WOL menu, hope it will be the same for other Q1900 owners.

Edited by pmchan
  • Like 1

You're right, it was only for testing and the external port (internet side) was not 22. But I'm not very fond of the idea of making my router available from the web, too :( 
If I modify the SSH default port 22 in configuration/terminal, does it also change the WOL port or is it still 22? If WOL stays at 22 when SSH is a different port, this should be a good solution?

Edited by pmchan

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Forum members!

My bare metal Q1900 is running the latest DS3617xs and DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 4 with 1.02b Loader. Did a new install on DSM 5.2 single 6T disk with no problem but one: onboard NIC Realtek RTL8111GR will run at 1000 Mbps for a while and quickly fall back to 100 Mbps.

Reboot the NAS and same story. Any solution so far? I'd like to know before adding an Intel NIC hassle.

Thank you. Thank this great forum & its many geniuses/creators.

On 8/31/2017 at 3:13 AM, Bonebreaker777 said:

Isn't is easier and safer to wake up via the router? Especially opening up port 22.

On 8/31/2017 at 4:21 AM, pmchan said:

You're right, it was only for testing and the external port (internet side) was not 22. But I'm not very fond of the idea of making my router available from the web, too :( 
If I modify the SSH default port 22 in configuration/terminal, does it also change the WOL port or is it still 22? If WOL stays at 22 when SSH is a different port, this should be a good solution?

On 8/31/2017 at 4:53 AM, pmchan said:

OK, just tried it, WOL port 22 is not linked to ssh port so you can change it for better security and do a port forward to 22 on the router only for wake on wan.

There is not need for all this gimmickries. If your routeur has a VPN server integrated (or any other device in your network apart from the NAS) then set that up. Then simply connect via VPN to the routeur/device and use WOL to wake up your NAS from there. No need to make any port 22 open/forward which unless you know exactly what you are doing is a pretty bad idea.

7 hours ago, Polanskiman said:

There is not need for all this gimmickries. If your routeur has a VPN server integrated (or any other device in your network apart from the NAS) then set that up. Then simply connect via VPN to the routeur/device and use WOL to wake up your NAS from there. No need to make any port 22 open/forward which unless you know exactly what you are doing is a pretty bad idea.

Yes, it was my first option too, but then I discovered my D-Link DIR868L router doesn't handle VPN tunneling , even with the latest Tomato by Shibby v140 firmware. I don't want to buy a new one or keep another device powered just for this job, so port forwarding will do for some time :smile:

et merci pour ton travail :grin:

Edited by pmchan

On 7/16/2017 at 4:20 AM, zamma said:

does having 4 nic ports work for increasing transfer bandwidth for a single connection (Link bonding?)  I was thinking of purchasing a Synology Nas model with 4 Nic ports but theoretical gigabit speed is saturated over 1 port so why have 4 unless you have multiple users accessing simultaneously? 

This project has not worked out so far. I wanted to connect 4 ports WIN10 to 4 ports on NAS using NIC teaming. 

Mircosoft has disabled NIC teaming in latest builds and only allows it on Server builds.

Very dissapointed. Cannot reach more than 113mbit/s.

• 1 month later...

Helo there, i'm new here because i have a problem with my Asrock Q1900B-ITX (2 sata ports model) - i cant find what module sata controler do i have and i think that's the problem.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Q1900B-ITX/

Before this HW (on the old one AMD FM1) i've got no problem running DMS 6+

I can't install DSM, i get this 2 errors:

On DMS6.1 - failded to install the file. the file is probably corupted. (13)

On DSM6.0.2 - We've detected errors on the hard drives (2), and the SATA ports have also been disable. Please shut down your DS3615xs to replace or remove the hard drives and try again

I've tried all in the tutorials and nothing works.

Some advices please?

Edited by Futerix