XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

• 2 weeks later...

Hy everybody,

I use a Xpenology NAS with asrock Q1900itx mainboard. I have a problem with 6.0.2 or 6.1 xpenoboot. Unfortunately, I can not install nothing. If I try 5.2 it's run, but the 6.0.2, or 6.1 not. The install stop with error 21. I get this error message. https://www.dropbox.com/s/73d8a0f249k88 ... k.jpg?dl=0

What I do wrong?

Can somebody help me?

Hy everybody,

I use a Xpenology NAS with asrock Q1900itx mainboard. I have a problem with 6.0.2 or 6.1 xpenoboot. Unfortunately, I can not install nothing. If I try 5.2 it's run, but the 6.0.2, or 6.1 not. The install stop with error 21. I get this error message. https://www.dropbox.com/s/73d8a0f249k88 ... k.jpg?dl=0

What I do wrong?

Can somebody help me?

Take Jun's latest loader (v1.02a2), write it to an USB flash and try again but with the 6.1 DS3617xs latest .pat file

My suggestion is to restore all configurations to factory settings (and keep the data).

This worked for me

Hi Schnapps,

I tried it! Don't work. I have got same error message what I linked. I don't understand why don't work? I updated the mainboard BIOS on LAN.

Re: Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

Postby yondaskywalker » 13 May 2017 14:35

Finally i had to backup all my data and do a clean install with 1.02a loader using 15101(3615xs) pat file manually.

Updated inside control panel to u2 and put my data back .

Now on 15101 u2 everything looks fine at the moment.

Btw looks much faster than b4

Hi Schnapps,

I tried it! Don't work. I have got same error message what I linked. I don't understand why don't work? I updated the mainboard BIOS on LAN.

Finally i had to backup all my data and do a clean install with 1.02a loader using 15101(3615xs) pat file manually.

Have PID/VID correctly set up?

Hi Schnapps,

Have PID/VID correctly set up?

Hello yondaskywalker,

I tired the clean install, unfortunately didn't work, It stoped with error 21. I'm sorry I'm not too expert, what is the PID/VID setup? Is it BIOS settings?

Hi All,

currently on 5.2 with DS3615xs. thinking on moving to 6.1

bare metal upgrade / install warning!

it looks like the RTL8111 drivers are not loading in DSM 6.1.1

if you have a other known functional NIC than it is safe to upgrade

Like Jun warned. Do not upgrade from DSM 5.2 to DSM 6.1 or 6.1.1 (in this case, on Q1900-ITX). It never works.

Just installed a fresh (new) DSM 6.1.1 U4 DS3615xs on bare metal Q1900-ITX without a single glitch. It runs faster then DSM 5.2. :grin:

Cheer.

Schnapps - Are you no longer using Hyper-v in windows? Straight up baremetal?

I have mine since 2014 and On a hyper-v under windows 2012 R2. It's still on xpenoboot and DSM 5.2..... I probably wont do bare metal the way you are doing unless there are some extremely good reasons.

for whom wants to know. just used a st pci-e card with 4 sata extensions on the asrock. works like a charm. currently with 6 hdd's and room for 2 additional extra drives if needed!

Syba PCI-Express Controller-kaart, SATA III, 4-poorts, PCIe x 1:

https://www.amazon.de/Syba-PCI-Express-Controller-Karte-SATA-III-4-Ports-Low-Profile-Slotblech/dp/B00AZ9T3OU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497809120&sr=8-1&keywords=pcie+2.0+sata

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pwvandeursen said:

for whom wants to know. just used a st pci-e card with 4 sata extensions on the asrock. works like a charm. currently with 6 hdd's and room for 2 additional extra drives if needed!

Syba PCI-Express Controller-kaart, SATA III, 4-poorts, PCIe x 1:

https://www.amazon.de/Syba-PCI-Express-Controller-Karte-SATA-III-4-Ports-Low-Profile-Slotblech/dp/B00AZ9T3OU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497809120&sr=8-1&keywords=pcie+2.0+sata

Thanx for the info, always good to know some hardware compatibility, can you tell us which DSM version you use ?

On 6/6/2017 at 5:18 PM, Elpee said:

Like Jun warned. Do not upgrade from DSM 5.2 to DSM 6.1 or 6.1.1 (in this case, on Q1900-ITX). It never works.

Just installed a fresh (new) DSM 6.1.1 U4 DS3615xs on bare metal Q1900-ITX without a single glitch. It runs faster then DSM 5.2. :grin:

Cheer.

How did you solve the NIC issue? Is it possible to migrate the disks when you do a bare metal install? Migrating is a lot faster than having to copy and recopy 9TB....

1 hour ago, pwvandeursen said:

DSM 5.2 Will Go to 6.1 soon and report back

I'm still with DSM 5.2 too and don't feel the need to go to 6.1 (especially if updating isn't possible),

everything is working ok here with 5.2 so...

On 10/24/2014 at 5:54 PM, jimware said:

Does anyone found any working solution for wol on q1900-itx?

WOL works fine for me. I have the same board. You just have to make sure that the wol request is sent to the REAL MAC address of the network adapter and to the xpenology's fake mac address that you see in DSM or even in the ifconfig command output. Find the real mac address, if i recall it shows in the BIOS?