XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

So after about two months I can say this: Its working just fine.

I initially had some problems with the drives SMART status being read properly, but that cleared up after a reboot.

Photostation works

File Station works

Video Station works

Media Server works.

All in all, it looks and acts exactly the same as my DSM 5.2 except a little speedier.

Running baremetal with 2x2TB WD Greens, and 2x1TB WD Blacks in the SHR that I had with 5.2. Everything migrated exactly.

The only thing I miss is I was just starting to mess around with doing a virtual machine within DSM, but I cannot do that with 6.

• 2 weeks later...

I initially had some problems with the drives SMART status being read properly, but that cleared up after a reboot.

Photostation works

File Station works

Video Station works

Media Server works.

All in all, it looks and acts exactly the same as my DSM 5.2 except a little speedier.

Running baremetal with 2x2TB WD Greens, and 2x1TB WD Blacks in the SHR that I had with 5.2. Everything migrated exactly.

The only thing I miss is I was just starting to mess around with doing a virtual machine within DSM, but I cannot do that with 6.

Hi, plese let me know how you installed Plex because in my installation I don't have the server :sad:

Photostation works

File Station works

Video Station works

Media Server works.

Hi, plese let me know how you installed Plex because in my installation I don't have the server :sad:

I didn't install Plex. Only what Synology provides as part of their packages

Photostation works

File Station works

Video Station works

Media Server works.

I didn't install Plex. Only what Synology provides as part of their packages

Photostation works

File Station works

Video Station works

Media Server works.

Did you allready had Plex installed? And after the migration its gone? Or do you want to know how to instal Plex?

If Plex doesnt work on 6.** i have to stay on 5.2 :shock:

Ok i have updated my XPenlogy from 5.2 to 6.0. The only trouble i had was with the harddrive location. I changed it from Sata3_A1 to Sata2_1 because of the installation inscriptions.

"- Make sure your drives are plugged in direct succession starting from the 1st SATA port. Usually the first port is described as SATA0 on motherboards. Check with your MB manufacturer for exact nomenclature."

But this gave me a drive corruption message. So no migration option. Changed it back to Sata3_A1 and the problems where gone.

maybe I am having this problem since I only have one drive in the present system.

And my Plex is still working (y). Without updating de packages.

Im now updating all my installation packkages.... to be continue..

All working fine :grin: . Great job, thnx to all de developers, coders and members of course.

I've the Q1900DC-ITX and updated it to DSM 6 a couple of weeks ago, I now have some problem with the ethernet. I get emails about connection lost, and it doesnt come up again. Even with synology assistant i cant find or reach the NAS.

Does anybody have a clue what is can be. Tried another cable, another port.... but i dont think its a network problem.

Just got a ASRock J3455-ITX from Newegg for 129:

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... -_-text-_-

I'll update you guys on the build and how it's working.

could you make a test with vmware esxi on this board?

I will need to install it on my other hard drive. I'll update you when I try it out.

Right now I'm running without any problems on baremetal. I did not test all areas of the OS.

Right out of the box the motherboard is buggy and you need to upgrade to the latest bios (1.20 at the moment).

I'm running:

old 1tb drive

Crucial 2x2 GB of RAM 1333Mhz

I tried Ubuntu 14.4 usb stick and it would start loading but would get stuck. I didnt want to mess with it much.

As far as performance - I have tried transcoding 1080p and it runs at 30-40% load. Offline transcoding was taking up about 75-85% of cpu. You might get better results if you use 1866mhz RAM

It runs very cool to touch. I dont notice any heat coming from heatsink. The heat meter in the GUI - I dont believe it works as it's stuck at 40 degrees. Hard drive heat meter works.

Fan control is only on "Cool". There are no other options. I'll try changing my fan to CPU fan to see if there is a difference.

Edited by Guest

I've the Q1900DC-ITX ... just curious whether the J3455 has a reasonable or negligible benefit over the J1900.

hmmm...looking at Intel page, I would say negligible. I wouldnt upgrade from J1900

I just got one for myself because my 212j was so slow on 6.0 that i dont even turn it on. It takes at least 10 minutes to start it.

CPU

one CPU runs at 1.5 and another at 2.0

RAM and Video

The only difference I see is in RAM and Video Card (from what I understand video card is not used in transcoding...i'm not sure).

You can install 1866mhz ram that can help with speed.

SATA2 Ports

Also Q1900DC-ITX has 2xSATA3 and 2xSATA2 ports where J3455 has 4xSATA3 ports. I dont think you will saturate those SATA2 speeds, but who knows if you want to add SSD drives, that could be an issue.

Asrock J4205

i dont think i would go for J4205. Its much more expensive and the only difference is baseclock and a little bit better video card.

I used sind last week an asrock q1900m and migrated to an gigabyte ga3150n.... But only Cause of the 2 onboard nic and the lower tdp. Everything on the Migration works fine.. Ive just switched The mac1 and added. The mac2 and After Switching The Mainboards Everything works like a Charm. Btw BIOS on the asrock Board was since mid of Dezember v1.8

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to make new NAS and i'm choosing the Mainboard:

Asrock J3455-ITX for 97Eur

Asrock Q1900-ITX for 89Eur

Wich do you suggest with compatibility and performance?

I'm going to have 2 wd RED 3TB for Photo Safe Backup and one more old 250GB for movies ecc to use with plex.

It looks from the forum that the j3455 works without supporting cpu burst so at 1.5Ghz isn't it?

I see that DS416play have N3060 and sinology says "Dual Core 1.6 burst up to 2.48 GHz" so looks that this model supports CPU Burst. It will be interestig knows if is possible to port its DSM too, for using these new Asrock MB.

I've the Q1900DC-ITX ... just curious whether the J3455 has a reasonable or negligible benefit over the J1900.

hmmm...looking at Intel page, I would say negligible. I wouldnt upgrade from J1900

I just got one for myself because my 212j was so slow on 6.0 that i dont even turn it on. It takes at least 10 minutes to start it.

CPU

one CPU runs at 1.5 and another at 2.0

RAM and Video

The only difference I see is in RAM and Video Card (from what I understand video card is not used in transcoding...i'm not sure).

You can install 1866mhz ram that can help with speed.

SATA2 Ports

Also Q1900DC-ITX has 2xSATA3 and 2xSATA2 ports where J3455 has 4xSATA3 ports. I dont think you will saturate those SATA2 speeds, but who knows if you want to add SSD drives, that could be an issue.

Asrock J4205

i dont think i would go for J4205. Its much more expensive and the only difference is baseclock and a little bit better video card.

I'm going to make new NAS and i'm choosing the Mainboard:

Asrock J3455-ITX for 97Eur

Asrock Q1900-ITX for 89Eur

Wich do you suggest with compatibility and performance?

I'm going to have 2 wd RED 3TB for Photo Safe Backup and one more old 250GB for movies ecc to use with plex.

It looks from the forum that the j3455 works without supporting cpu burst so at 1.5Ghz isn't it?

I see that DS416play have N3060 and sinology says "Dual Core 1.6 burst up to 2.48 GHz" so looks that this model supports CPU Burst. It will be interestig knows if is possible to port its DSM too, for using these new Asrock MB.

From what I understand Q1900 has been worked on the forum for a while so you might get more support out of it.

Honestly I dont know - depends on your needs. J3455 works good for what I'm using it for - plex, BT, small back-ups.

CPU rarely goes up to 90%, I just got 8GB 1600mhz ram for it too so its smooooooth as butter. My plans to play around with Asterisk.

About the speed, I need to ssh into machine and see CPU stats. I'll let you know whats up.

Hey ya'll, I'm interested in adding some security cameras into my place talking to my Xpenology install on a Q1900, could anyone suggest some affordable options which are compatible and easy to deploy (I'm guessing they'd be poe?)

Hey ya'll, I'm interested in adding some security cameras into my place talking to my Xpenology install on a Q1900, could anyone suggest some affordable options which are compatible and easy to deploy (I'm guessing they'd be poe?)

See Synology's original website https://www.synology.com/en-global/compatibility/camera

Just be aware that the J1900 is not a powerful processor and it might not handle all the camera streams you want.