XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

yes i have and it works great.

only you have to migrate in the synology assistant and not with find.synolgy.com

Could you provide us more information ?

- Did you migrate you data or restored them ?

- What was your procedure ? (put the new bootloader on the usb key, boot on DSM5 and upgrade to DSM6 ?)

Thanks

First i had to set in de bios to boot from uefi usb

Then wait til it is boot and search in the synology assistant for the xpenelogy server.

Normaly it says ready to migrate or somthing (i have it in dutch)

Right click on it and choose install

The assistant ask you some setting and than ask for the pat file upload it and wait after 10min it is ready

Thanks for your feedback H143!

So, as I understand:

1. you provided the new loader on the USB

2. put the mainboard to boot from UEFI USB

3. you choose to install (and not migrate)

So with that, you created new volumes, right ?

Everything working fine ? (quickconnect, ...)

you have to choose install and it migrate it to dsm 6.0 i keep al my settings

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, thanks for great thread.

Please tell me what do you think about J3160TM-ITX mainboard ? Q1900DC-ITX is not available in Poland anymore ... ;(

Do you think everything would run ok ? XPE , Hyper-V for example ? Thanks for info.

Hello guys, thanks for great thread.

Please tell me what do you think about J3160TM-ITX mainboard ? Q1900DC-ITX is not available in Poland anymore ... ;(

Do you think everything would run ok ? XPE , Hyper-V for example ? Thanks for info.

Both baremetal XPEnoboot 5.2 and Jun's 6.0.2 images works OK with J3160. Only turbo mode doesn't work so CPU is still at 1.6 GHz. I didn't try Hyper-V. ESXi has problem with graphic card and has to be installed in headless mode.

@Arcao @AskgopJeJ thanks a lot for your answers.

@Arcao please tell me did you try to measure power consumption on this J3160TM ? I'm just wondering if it is better comparing with older brother ;]

I see that TDP on J3160 is 6W ...

RE: Sata power

I want to add 2 or more drives to my current setup of 4x3TB (WD reds) using a syba 4-SATA PCIe adapter.

Thus i need 2 or more sata power connectors. Would a sata power splitter cable work with the delivered power cables?

Thanks.

dh22r

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Answering to dh22r about sata power, I would say yes, but with one thing in mind. The power must be enough to all your drives plus mobo. I'm no expert but in my opinion almost any power supply is capable to do this thing. (Graphic card adapters are heavy power consumers, and we don't have one, so.....)

Hi

Just upgraded to 6.0.2 U4 on our lovely motherboard. Anything seems to work fine. Anyone with more information?

In my case:

Downloadstation: ok

Plex Media server: ok

File station + afp: ok

Cloud station (server & sync): ok

Apache (plus wordpress, maria db, etc): ok

USB drive on USB3 port: ok

Hi

Just upgraded to 6.0.2 U4 on our lovely motherboard. Anything seems to work fine. Anyone with more information?

In my case:

Does Network work? and I assume the TurboBoost doesn't work, which, the CPU stuck at 1.6GHZ?

I successfully installed 6.0.2-4 on baremetal. Pulled the drives and did a practice upgrade with an old drive to see if it worked. It did so I put everything back together and pulled the trigger. No loss of data, and no loss of settings that I've noticed.

I did it with the Jun bootloader and edited the VID/PID and put in the serial # and MAC address that I got from the DSM 5.2 Info page. Had to do the force-install because it didn't recognize the SATA controller (I guess) but it worked just fine after that.

I did notice that the bootloader for DSM 6 seems to take longer to get everything up than the 5.2 one. Like 1.5min vs 45sec (wild guesses, really). But this could be a consequence of something else: Haven't dug terribly deep yet.

It did a re-index of the thumbnails, etc from my photostation and videostation collection after I upgraded the packages. All work. Also running DL station just fine. My (work) test network is running through an old 100mbps router so I haven't done a comparison of network speeds, nor have I tried to remotely log in or access photostation from an external ip address yet, but no problems mapping network drives and accessing files.

Running it with 2x WD 2TB Greens and 2x 1TB WD Blacks in SHR. Gives me 3.6TB of usable.

However, it does have a problem with reading the SMART status. No problems seeing the status before with 5.2, and I don't know why it seems to think there's an expansion unit that these drives are part of, but there's clearly something wrong going on here. Any ideas?

Hi

In my case:

Does Network work? and I assume the TurboBoost doesn't work, which, the CPU stuck at 1.6GHZ?

>> Network seems ok, I will make a full TimeMachine backup to test it. About TurboBoost I read somewhere that it doesn't work, so I didn't try it.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi!

After upgrade to 6.0.2-8451 update 5 I lost USB3 (also in BIOS settings), can anyone confirm if it's just me or is it a coincidence?

TIA

Im planning to upgrade to 6.0.2-8451 update 5 this weekend. So ill be able to tell you after it.

What are youre current findings on this board with the new OS.