XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

• 3 weeks later...

first, sorry 4 my bad english.

i got some trouble with my NAS. is Act like there would be some Energie saving thing.b ut i disablet them all.

i can't rearch the nas trougt a Browser or App. i need to power of and on. when I did that, the media server isn't reacheble. i need to reinstall them. that's happen every day. that's make me mad.

Software 5.2 5957 with the last Bootloader

2*8 gb ram

6 tb hd and 4tb hd

Hello everyone!

I've managed to get WOL working on Q1900-ITX, using the newest BIOS (version 1.60), DSM 5.2-5592 Update 4 and XPEnoboot 5.2-5592.2, on bare-metal. If there is still need for a tutorial about this - let me know and I will post the whole procedure I've performed.

Right now I'm preparing to make ESXi work, without the need for an additional graphics card, or another PC. The clue is double virtualization. For everyone interested, check out this link:

http://mobiletiger.jorba.de/vmware-esxi-6-0-n3150-itx-intel-celeron-braswell-platform-problem-solved/

I still haven't tried to install ESXi the "normal" way - it still doesn't work, does it? :wink:

seems that the user got lost or i can't find his tut on how to have WOL workin.

anyone else can step up??

• 2 weeks later...

Have XPENology 5.0 up and running on my Q1900-ITX.

currently, I have 4x2tb in a SHR giving a total of 5.6gb w/ 1 redundant disk.

I also have a 2tb & 60gb SSD hooked into a PCI Express SATA. Currently I have 600gb of data on the large disk group. I would like that backed up to the other 2Tb drive once a month. Whats the best way to do it? (Backup or Shared Folder Sync?)

Also, what should I do with the 60gb SSD? Can I do an SSD Cache with it?

FYI, learned ton from the forum already!

Thanks, Jim

Bios 1.70 from 4/28/2016 available. http://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/Q1900-IT ... ad&os=BIOS

I was wondering if someone has tested it and it's safe to upgrade BIOS in our little mobos???

I was unable to found a changelog, only what says in the page, 'Update NTFS module'

********** UPDATE June 15 2016: 1 week with 1.70 and everything seems fine.*********

Edited by Guest

What versions do you have installed? I have 2 of these for my brother and I, I have not been able to install any of the 5.1+ versions d/t an incompatibility apparently, and only 5.0 installs...

right now, DSM 5.2 5644 Update 5....

My installation was easy, went to https://download.xpenology.fr and downloaded the .pat & .img files of "DS3615xs 5.2-5644.5 x64". Then img file to usb, boot with it, select upgrade, and then via web upgrade with .pat

I recommend you to read this topic completely to learn from others to setup your machine, but basically what I wrote before and check Bios version & options

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Maybe someone had already thought or replied on this ...

I'm on a Q1900DC-ITX running SHR with 4 x 3TB WD Reds.

If i use an i3 NUC/Brix as a Plex server (referencing all the media on the DSM), then there wouldn't be any bottleneck/issues with transcoding @ 1080p/4K?

This means the J1900 handles all the DSM stuff and the i3 handles just Plex transcoding.

Any comments/guidance appreciated.

DH

Hi dh22r,

I can't help you but there are a couple of questions that may be interesting:

1.- Can any computer with 1 gigabit lan connect to xpenology to access media and at the same time serve it transcoded to another computer? If there are more than one client, it would be enough?

2.- maybe an i3 with 1 hdd ( <100mb/s) will not be enough to transcode to 1 or more clients, if you can put a ssd or even better a pci ssd I think yes, but I don't even have this type of media (1080/4k) and I don't have an i3 neither. Search the forums or open a new thread with this particular question, as this thread is "only" for our little mobo.

If I was you I would search the net to obtain transcoding scores of this i3, and then compare it with cpus that other people in this forum have and they make transcoding.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe someone had already thought or replied on this ...

If i use an i3 NUC/Brix as a Plex server (referencing all the media on the DSM), then there wouldn't be any bottleneck/issues with transcoding @ 1080p/4K?

DH

Sorry, slightly off topic.. What's your Brix like (Gigabyte yeah?)?

I've been looking at them for a while now (as a replacement media PC beside my TV) - if this project is able to get me a working DSM 6.0 on my current media server (as a larger Synology NAS)..

Can't comment on transcoding as I try to avoid it..

Cheers

#H

• 4 weeks later...
yes i have and it works great.

only you have to migrate in the synology assistant and not with find.synolgy.com

Could you provide us more information ?

- Did you migrate you data or restored them ?

- What was your procedure ? (put the new bootloader on the usb key, boot on DSM5 and upgrade to DSM6 ?)

Thanks

only you have to migrate in the synology assistant and not with find.synolgy.com

- What was your procedure ? (put the new bootloader on the usb key, boot on DSM5 and upgrade to DSM6 ?)

Thanks

First i had to set in de bios to boot from uefi usb

Then wait til it is boot and search in the synology assistant for the xpenelogy server.

Normaly it says ready to migrate or somthing (i have it in dutch)

Right click on it and choose install

The assistant ask you some setting and than ask for the pat file upload it and wait after 10min it is ready

Thanks

First i had to set in de bios to boot from uefi usb

Then wait til it is boot and search in the synology assistant for the xpenelogy server.

Normaly it says ready to migrate or somthing (i have it in dutch)

Right click on it and choose install

The assistant ask you some setting and than ask for the pat file upload it and wait after 10min it is ready

Thanks for your feedback H143!

So, as I understand:

1. you provided the new loader on the USB

2. put the mainboard to boot from UEFI USB

3. you choose to install (and not migrate)

So with that, you created new volumes, right ?

Everything working fine ? (quickconnect, ...)