XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

Dear Friends i need some info from you regerding my upgrade from DSM 5.0 to 5.2

I use Q1900Dc-ITX from one year without problems at all (xpenology bare metal install) .... but now i decide finally to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.2

I ask you if the following step are right for jump directly from 5.0 (update7) to 5.2 (5592)

1 - flash new xpenoboot image (XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5592.2) to usb stick

2 - boot with monitor and keyb so i can choose install/upgrade

3 - Discover NAS from Synology Assistant and install DSM_DS3615xs_5592.pat

at this point the system must be ask to me if i want to make a new install or upgrade (and so i can choose upgrade) or NOT?

4 - reboot the system and eventually upgrade to last minor versions directly from DSM

Is the above procedure right?

Can i keep my whole data and settings in this manner?

Have you experienced any problem with last version and Q1900DC-iTX?

Thanks in advance

Lorenzo

• 3 weeks later...
Dear Friends i need some info from you regerding my upgrade from DSM 5.0 to 5.2

I use Q1900Dc-ITX from one year without problems at all (xpenology bare metal install) .... but now i decide finally to upgrade from 5.0 to 5.2

I ask you if the following step are right for jump directly from 5.0 (update7) to 5.2 (5592)

1 - flash new xpenoboot image (XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5592.2) to usb stick

2 - boot with monitor and keyb so i can choose install/upgrade

3 - Discover NAS from Synology Assistant and install DSM_DS3615xs_5592.pat

at this point the system must be ask to me if i want to make a new install or upgrade (and so i can choose upgrade) or NOT?

4 - reboot the system and eventually upgrade to last minor versions directly from DSM

Is the above procedure right?

Can i keep my whole data and settings in this manner?

Have you experienced any problem with last version and Q1900DC-iTX?

Thanks in advance

Lorenzo

As nobody tell me nothing (strange for useful forum) i tried myself the procedure i described above and

all is right.

The system is upgraded and all working well (data are still here!!)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

I have a big request to you on this motherboard .When the system will restart and had boot. It looks like he went to sleep mode only what helps it off and on. I wanted to ask whether this problem is someone else, or it may be bad HW or SW.

Thank you as well for every good advice

• 2 weeks later...

What are your bare metal CIFS/SMB transfer speeds ?

I'm getting max 64MB/s on my Gigabit network (Q1900DC-ITX).

Attach USB 3 drive and I get close to 100MB/s so the disks in my Q1900 are fast enough.

It's not my network as I transfer to other file shares with >100MB/s from this machine.

Windows 10 and connected using SMB 3.0 to Xpenology.

Any idea ?

What are your bare metal CIFS/SMB transfer speeds ?

I'm getting max 64MB/s on my Gigabit network (Q1900DC-ITX).

Attach USB 3 drive and I get close to 100MB/s so the disks in my Q1900 are fast enough.

It's not my network as I transfer to other file shares with >100MB/s from this machine.

Windows 10 and connected using SMB 3.0 to Xpenology.

Any idea ?

I have between 40 and 70 but I've seen better like 100-120MBps

I guess it has something to so with the cache that I cannot turn on since some time.

Hyper-V here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone!

I've managed to get WOL working on Q1900-ITX, using the newest BIOS (version 1.60), DSM 5.2-5592 Update 4 and XPEnoboot 5.2-5592.2, on bare-metal. If there is still need for a tutorial about this - let me know and I will post the whole procedure I've performed.

Right now I'm preparing to make ESXi work, without the need for an additional graphics card, or another PC. The clue is double virtualization. For everyone interested, check out this link:

http://mobiletiger.jorba.de/vmware-esxi-6-0-n3150-itx-intel-celeron-braswell-platform-problem-solved/

I still haven't tried to install ESXi the "normal" way - it still doesn't work, does it? :wink:

Hello everyone!

I've managed to get WOL working on Q1900-ITX, using the newest BIOS (version 1.60), DSM 5.2-5592 Update 4 and XPEnoboot 5.2-5592.2, on bare-metal. If there is still need for a tutorial about this - let me know and I will post the whole procedure I've performed.

yes please give us the tutorial =)

OK, I'll try to make something resonable...

BUT

I also managed to run ESXi on Q1900-ITX and I'm currently working on making the procedure as simple as possible for most users. I also want to make a tutorial about this, so give some time.

WOL on ESXi is also my target. :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wanted to post about my recent experiences upgrading my XPENOLOGY box with this board. I, like a few others here had problems getting my USB 3.0 ports to work properly. Latest BIOS, different power supplies, etc.. They did not work in Windows as a test either, nor would they work in the UEFI BIOS with USB 2.0 keyboards and mice, even with legacy mode enabled. I did get them to work in XPENOLOGY with USB 3.0 devices thanks to some posters here by changing a USB BIOS setting (can't remember off the top of my head).

Here's the thing. This particular board also did not work with some faster RAM I had from the get go, so I had to use slower memory than I should have had to for the machine to even POST. Also, no USB 2.0 devices ever worked in the USB 3.0 ports, even with legacy mode enabled. My thinking is, when you load BIOS defaults with legacy USB mode enabled, everything should at least function in some capacity.

In the end, as I was able to, I returned the board. The new board works fantastically with faster memory, and the USB 3.0 ports work with BIOS defaults loaded. The USB 3.0 ports also now properly recognize USB 2.0 devices such as older drives, keyboards, and mice.

The moral of the story is, if you need to get the USB 3.0 ports working on a board you have had for a while, make the BIOS settings change listed earlier in this thread. If you just purchased a new board and are experiencing issues with your USB 3.0 ports, save yourself the headache of messing with it and just RMA it.

Frank

• 1 month later...

BUT

I also managed to run ESXi on Q1900-ITX and I'm currently working on making the procedure as simple as possible for most users. I also want to make a tutorial about this, so give some time.

I can running xpenology on esxi too (same motherboard), but hibernation doesn't work. It 's working for you?

BUT

May I ask how you made it?

i want buy this:

Asrock Q1900-ITX

Kingston HyperX Fury Memorie DDR-III da 8 GB

Case Fractal Node 304

i don't know if buy 2 or 4 Western digital RED 3TB

I want use this System for this:

1) NAS with Xpenology :wink:

2) HTPC for watching film on my Samsung TV

3) I've a Virtual machine that i can run on Virtualbox or VMware With A Asterisk PBX

4) a Windows system for work a little when i'm at home

I've another PC with best components:

I7 4790k

16gb ram Corsair

Ati Radeon Vapor-X R290 Sapphire

SSD 512GB Crucial

in same LAN network Gigabit.

I've also a Synology DS213+ original in my lan network

What i want do is this:

1) Use the q1900 mini itx system for run virtual machines (asterisk pbx, windows, htpc system, xpenology for backup of my other DS213+)

2) Share a VMware system of my other PC (i7,16gbram etc) and passthrough Video card for play games with R9 290 in my Q1900 system with a vmware client

My question is.. what type of hypervisor i must use for this?

And how install and run the Virtual Machines?

I read all posts in this section and i know that are some problems with esxi system in q1900.

Can i use Xenserver or Hyper-V Windows.

Someone can help me to do this system?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately I have already had to RMA 3 red 3tb drives in the last 1.5 years of the 4 in my system. luckily they were in a raid 5 setup, so didn't lose anything..... So will echo the unreliability of the 3tb red rives (NAS version)

I currently have a q1900. if I want to upgrade to n3150/n3700, is it just plug and play? i.e. setup the system, connect the HDD< strat syno assistant have it recognize the old raid drives and continue there, i.e. not lose any data?