XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

Well, you have 2 choices:

1. Take the "hypervisor HDD, mount it in another PC and start the ESX installation there. When done, just move the HDD back to the Q1900 PC.

2. Attach a standalone GPU to the Q1900 MB and perform the installation directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For option 1, would one need to inject drivers into the installation while still in the temporary PC? If not, I could move one of my ESXi boot hard drives to the Asrock temporarily and see if it boots.

Okay, can someone help me figure out how to change the MAC address of the onboard NIC? I've tried quite a few different ways with little success. The goal was to use AsRock's MAC address tool http://www.asrock.com/support/Download/MACTool.asp to edit the hardware MAC address.

Some of the options I have tried:

1.) DOS boot disk - Unable to create a bootable image and be able to add the 10MB Asrock tool to the boot device. When I flash the DOS image to a USB drive, it turns the flash drive into a 3MB drive (the size of the OS) with no room to add the tool. I tried making the flash drive bootable, then extracting the DOS image iso to the disk and adding the tool, but then the machine does not boot from it. I tried both flash drive and CD.

2.) Used Active@ Windows based boot disk - Wasn't able to run command in the command prompt tool, even after copying Asrock tool to system path (system32) folder

3.) Edited the DOS iso using MagicISO and added the Asrock tool. Burned to CD and tried to load on Asrock box, but it said it didn't have the drivers for the DVD drive.

4.) Tried to rip iso to flash drive using Microsoft tool, but Microsoft tool wouldn't accept edited iso file, only original DOS or FreeDOS file.

5.) Installed Windows 7 x64 - Tried to run the tool, but command prompt said tool is not compatible with 64bit OS.

6.) Installed Windows 7 32-bit - Tried to run the tool, but error message pops up for ntvdm.exe "NTVDM.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close" running mac.exe will give a list of the different options available in the mac command and the syntax, but running mac c [new mac address] pops up error for ntvdm.exe

7.) Installed Dosbox - Tried to run the tool from dosbox (better suited to run 16-bit games/programs). returns "unsupported" error message.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this? If it involves DOS, can someone upload a customized iso/img file and specify exactly which tool/software program will create the bootable flash drive from the tool? For example, the windows tool will only accept stock iso files.

Thanks!

I'm using the Q1900DC-ITX and updated to Xpenoboot 5565, now my WOL doesn't work anymore.

I did the usual settings (the "g" and the startupscript) and also the

rmmod=8169 insmod=8168

in syslinux.cfg which worked before, but now it just doesn't WOL.

I also tried rmmod=r8169,r8169_new insmod=r8168

The command "ethtool -i eth0" even shows, that it uses r8168 instead of r8169, but no luck.

Also tried mac1:MYMACADDRESS and mac1=MYMACADDRESS (using my real MAC, of course, not separated by ":")

Anyone got a solution?

I had the same problems with my setup and removing the spaces before and after the "_g_"

in /etc/synoinfo.conf resolved that

wol_enabled_options="g" instead of wol_enabled_options=" g "

EDIT: I checked my syslinux.cfg too: my mac1=aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff (<-this is just a dummy number!) is seperated with colons (":")

Hi Guys,

I just would like to know, if there is a big difference between Asrock Q1900-ITX and ASRock N3150-ITX except the CPU? Would there be a problem installing the XPEnology? Or can I just get the N3150-ITX as it is a bit faster and has a lower TDP then Q1900-ITX. Would it make sense to use an extra mSATA SSD for the OS?

Thank you for the help.

I have the ASRock N3150-ITX and it's working ok. There is no mSATA, there is only a Mini PCI Express, but that can only be used for a wifi module. Using it with a sata board will cancel two sata ports on the board.

Use the normal sata ports and add an extra PCIE card for additional sata ports, i currently have a 2xsata card and am looking to replace it with a 4xsata board.

LE: I think the same goes for Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX regarding the mSata port.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have Q1900DC-ITX, 2TB WD Red disk and 2x4Gb Ram

I would like to install Xpenology but i always get error 21

Im using DSM_DS3615xs_5592.pat and XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5565.1-2.img

1. put DSM to USB

2. boot from USB

3. Find NAS

4. in synology search click install

5. in step 4 installing DSM i get error 21

what im doing wrong?

Thank you

Why are you using a 5592 PAT file with a 5565 IMG ?

Have you tried the 5592 IMG file with the 5592 PAT ?

Presumably you know how to add a MAC address and Serial number to the IMG file contents.

Burn the IMG file to USB, not the PAT. Boot from the USB, select install/upgrade in the boot menu. Then use synology assistant to find the system and access it. Then install the 5592 PAT file.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received it, mounted it in an old medium ATX tower, plenty of space.

So far seems to be working fine, just one HD caviar green 4 To for this moment,

I need to transfer all my datas from the DS107 Synology, then I will have both HD in XPenology server,

then more HDs to come from an old FreeNas PC.

Thanx to everyone involved in this thread where I gathered a maximum of usefull information.

I made a speed test in my gigabit lan from my Imac with an SSD drive to the Caviar Green connected to one of the SATA3 ports of the Q1900-ITX, I got around 114 Mo/s when copying a 7,83 Go ISO file (it tooks about 70 seconds).

Hi there,

I'm back after a few days to report 2 little problems :

1/ the USB3 ports and the back panel won't recognized my Lacie 2,5" HD Rugged.

the same HD is recognized when connected on USB2 ports and,

when I connect another HD which is USB2 on the USB3 port, it is indeed recognized.

I do not use the other USB3 ports with the header as my case is an old one and doesn't have USB3 on the front panel, only USB2, which work ok btw even with the Lacie Rugged (yes the one being not recognized when connected on the back USB3 ports).

That is weird,

BIOS USB setup : everything is switched on "ENABLED", will double check that.

2/ the WOL function doesn't seems to work, It could be usefull to be able to WOL the NAS from my android tablet with Fing utility, in fact the problem is that when I set DSM for the NAS System to hibernate after a set of time, then it will shutdown and that's where I wan't WOL it with my tablet,

though I can still use the schedule task feature to power up/down the NAS, that is working fine, but it will be even better with WOL from the tablet working too.

Any idea or advice for BIOS or DSM settings that could help for those 2 little problems ?

BIOS is v1.40

DSM 5.2

XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.2-5592.2

Hi

In reply to Stof77:

The motherboard came with 1.40 BIOS or you upgraded it? I can't remember exactly the option but i would try to set defaults in BIOS:

0.- Set defaults in BIOS

1.- Try again after rebooting.

2.- Enter BIOS and check and recheck USB options. Reboot and try

3.- Install Windows (drivers too) and check (You can install linux too, but to test usb3 and wol I would recommend windows 7 or above)

3.- If this doesn't work try to reflash 1.40 (if you are at this point for a second time jump to 5)

4.- reboot and jump to point 0.

5.- Send your motherboard to RMA

If your problem is solved please post your solution, It can help other people....

thanx for your concern,

focusing on the usb3, same issue with windows 8.1, all drivers installed.

right now retrying every possible USB combination in BIOS which was already v1.40 when arrived.

and I don't really feel comfortable with flashing the bios :roll:

Also tried the USB legacy option to "disable" , then no usb at all were working.

It would be easier for me if someone could tell the exact USB options in BIOS for USB 3 Hard drives or thumb drives to work as USB3, as I repeat usb3 drives do work when connected to USB2 ports and USB2 drives also works when connected on USB3 ports, that's the weird thing about it.

there are 3 USB BIOS options, the first 1 has to be enabled for any USB to work,

I think I'll have to contact the shop where I bought it.

in my configuration all three options are enabled as you can see here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlsdfitciriu76n/2015-11-14%2012.24.06.jpg

that's the settings I was using till this morning,

and you can confirm too that there is no problem to connect USB3 hard drive and that the HD is well recognized by the system ? Xpenology or other like Windows ?

Sorry to insist on that specific point ...anyway will contact the shop this afternoon

Edit : I just called them, they agree to ship me another one on monday or tuesday,

I have to send back the other in a delay of 2 weeks starting today.

So wait and see...

in my configuration all three options are enabled as you can see here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlsdfitciriu76n/2015-11-14%2012.24.06.jpg

that's the settings I was using till this morning,

and you can confirm too that there is no problem to connect USB3 hard drive and that the HD is well recognized by the system ? Xpenology or other like Windows ?

Sorry to insist on that specific point ...anyway will contact the shop this afternoon

Edit : I just called them, they agree to ship me another one on monday or tuesday,

I have to send back the other in a delay of 2 weeks starting today.

So wait and see...

No problem at all, connected 2 different usb3 hdd and one pendrive, with no errors working at full speed

Received the new mobo,

my USB3 pendrive is now recognized when plugged in on USB3 back ports, but not the Lacie Rugged hard drive,

which make me thing that there might be a problem with the cable or the case of the HD or the USB3 connector, or I don't know at all what 's going on... :eek:

still this HD is recognized when connected to USB2 ports with this mobo,

or on Firewire connected to my Imac (the drive have both connections USB3 & FW).

Regarding the WOL function, I had one success with windows 8.1 but was unable to reproduce it later, and never worked for me with Xpenology,

maybe it's about BIOS setting,

maybe there is some tweeking to make (I read in this thread about a driver to load, but I don't understand it and maybe it's not accurate with latest version of Xpenology, meaning not needed anymore).

But the Power off/Power on schedule function is working fine, so that's an ok workaround.

Any suggestions to resolve this WOL thing (waking it up from an Android tablet with DSFinder or other WOL utility) would still be appreciated. :roll: