XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

"Any chance you can post some pictures or detail how you connected the power brick? I am trying to decide between the Q1900 or Q1900DC. Did you drill a hole in the case for the power jack?

I'm building a small 2 drive system and the "DC" version is very appealing. I'd ideally like to get a cheap $30-40 case but have no idea what to do with the 'psu' hole in the back.

Thoughts/Ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

-john"

Hello John,

sorry for the very late reply! The DC version have a DC power connection slot on the back panel, so you do not have to drill the case, you can simply plug the power brick (you can find several pix on the net). As unmesh mentioned, you can leave the PSU hole open, the risk is minimal that a mouse or a similar animal will move to your NAS :smile:

Very nice Gary, but seriously is there other difference.

Also but kind of case are people using? is 4GB RAM enough? What is the best power supply to use with one of these with 4 hard drives?

I found the 30 EUR price difference quite high for the 10% performance upgrade, therefore I bought the 1900 version. 80-90 percent of the videos I have no issues, but with high bit rate 1080 videos it lags ocassionally. The average CPU usage is very close to 100% during the whole play. In such cases the additional 10% performance upgrade maybe could "change the world", and those movies could be played flawlessly as well. But this is just my theory.

if you need CPU Power you can take the faster CPU if not you can save 30€ :wink:

Video Tanscodeing is the part of the player not a part of the NAS ... but this is only my opinion.

Today you have an 8 Core CPU in every Phone or Tablett ... the NAS should only serve the data.

I salvaged a 4-lane PCI-E raid-card at my work, which I have tryed in my bare-metal setup with the Q1900-ITX motherboard...

I where able to use all 4 sata ports on the motherboard AND the 4 sata ports on the raid card for a total of 8 working sata ports...

I only had to mod the 1-lane PCI-E slot, by opening the end with a drill..

pics of the motherboard with the installed raidcard : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/151 ... d4sata.jpg

pics of the modded PCI-E slot : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/151 ... aneMod.jpg

Very nice !!!

Thanks for your experience! :grin:

im unsing this card http://www.amazon.co.uk/Syba-SATA-Controller-Profile-Brackets/dp/B00AZ9T3OU

Your welcome =)

How is that sata-card working for you ?... It looks like a cheap option for an extra 4 sata-slots which my father might need in the near future =)

I salvaged a 4-lane PCI-E raid-card at my work, which I have tryed in my bare-metal setup with the Q1900-ITX motherboard...

I where able to use all 4 sata ports on the motherboard AND the 4 sata ports on the raid card for a total of 8 working sata ports...

I only had to mod the 1-lane PCI-E slot, by opening the end with a drill..

pics of the motherboard with the installed raidcard : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/151 ... d4sata.jpg

pics of the modded PCI-E slot : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/151 ... aneMod.jpg

Very nice !!!

Thanks for your experience! :grin:

im unsing this card http://www.amazon.co.uk/Syba-SATA-Controller-Profile-Brackets/dp/B00AZ9T3OU

Your welcome =)

How is that sata-card working for you ?... It looks like a cheap option for an extra 4 sata-slots which my father might need in the near future =)

it works great - i love it :smile: plug & play & have fun

• 3 weeks later...

Someone using LSI (IBM) M1015 raid controller in this board (the Q1900B-ITX one)? I`m curious if the PCI-E G2 1x port can handle the theoretically max BW (500 MB/s) or my LSI will be limited?

Ty.

Someone using LSI (IBM) M1015 raid controller in this board (the Q1900B-ITX one)? I`m curious if the PCI-E G2 1x port can handle the theoretically max BW (500 MB/s) or my LSI will be limited?

Ty.

You dont have 10GBit Lan card anyway, so it does not matter.

I also use Q1900-ITX but I got the problem regarding to the boot-up. I have install the DSM 5.1 Update 5 on the drive but it can't self boot-up. If I use the USB with "XPEnoboot 5.1-5022.3 IMG File", then it can function normally.

May I know how can I use the internal disk to perform boot-up with DSM?

*PS: The DSM was installed on one of the drive that connected on the SATA-II port! (On Motherboard)

Thanks!

May I know how can I use the internal disk to perform boot-up with DSM?

I'd like to know on how we can use that please. Or just a confirmation that it;'s possible.

Someone had done a hack with an older version of DSM to allow booting from a hard drive but you were then limited to one drive only. As things are currently, you have to use a USB stick with the bootloader on it.

Hi , i newbie on this xpenology . I was on the XPEnoboot_DS3615xs_5.1-5022.3 , with DSM_DS3615xs_5022 , it was running fine in past few day , i just cannot ping and access my nas start from yesterday , i went here and see this error coming end of the script :

:: Checking upgrade file
Killed

i think is that DSM auto-update the version ? please give me solution and advise for me without wipe my data , thanks !

IMG-20150511-WA0006_zpsofdy6kli.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I Have a Q1900DC-ITX and DSM without virtualisation working OK for 1 year.

Nanoboot and DSM 5.0...and now Xpnoboot and the last version of DSM 5.2 5565 Update 1 evrything is OK.

The only think never work for me is the internal SATA HDD hibernation.

I set the internal SATA HDD parameter to hibernate afther 10 min without activity.

The internal SATA HDD never hibernate, I can see it on the log who don't trace hibernation and on the power consumtion who never fall.

Is someone having the same issue ?

Thank,

Sorry for my english

For me Hibernation of disk is working without problems.

Initially i have problems but the applications that prevent the hibernation are in my case due to Plex.

Do you have Plex installed, if yes verify the settings of scan of folders and disable the DLNA if not used.

Just wanted to give a thumbs up to this board as well, I'm using the Q1900-ITX (was gonna go DC but wanted the option for more drives) with a 350W gold plus psu and 3x5tb, pulling about 16-17 w idle, 33 on load, bout what I was hoping for and no issues to report.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite sure that this card is too long.

I think I have one of these or a similar one at home.

I bought it to use with my Q1900DC, but I'm stuck with 4 hd's.

I'll be back with more info in about 10 hours.

I'm back...

Mine is a Delock card but it looks the same.

It's too big, only half sized cards will fit.

No, I don't have any information on this particular SATA card.

It will arrive in 3 weeks, so it's probably shipping from china somewhere.

It's a hit or miss purchase, but it's great if it works.

I read somewhere that Realtec lan controllers should be avoided at any cost, so I'm using my pcie slot for a Intel based lan card.

But the dual barrel lan thingmabob is a good idea.