XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

Hello

I apologize in advance for my English.

I have on the Asrock Q1900-ITX DC image XPEnoboot DS3615xs_5.1-5022.1.

This image only supports DUAL CORE procesor ? Motherboard has QUARD-CORE.

Synology sees only 2 core.

Thank you answers

Very nice Gary, but seriously are there other differences.

Also what kind of case are people using with one of these boards? is 4GB RAM enough? What is the best power supply to use with one of these with 4 hard drives?

I hav. 4gb op board. Running smooth incl full transcoding for plex.

Power with 4 hdd is 90 watt laptop charcher

Very nice Gary, but seriously are there other differences.

Also what kind of case are people using with one of these boards? is 4GB RAM enough? What is the best power supply to use with one of these with 4 hard drives?

I hav. 4gb op board. Running smooth incl full transcoding for plex.

Power with 4 hdd is 90 watt laptop charcher

Hello

I apologize in advance for my English.

I have on the Asrock Q1900-ITX DC image XPEnoboot DS3615xs_5.1-5022.1.

This image only supports DUAL CORE procesor ? Motherboard has QUARD-CORE.

Synology sees only 2 core.

Thank you answers

The processor (Intel i3) is hardcoded in the DSM. If you use a hypervisor and add to the DSM VM only 1 core, DSM will still show you it sees i3 dual-core :smile:

Cheer-up. It's working fine.

Very nice Gary, but seriously is there other difference.

Also but kind of case are people using? is 4GB RAM enough? What is the best power supply to use with one of these with 4 hard drives?

2GB is more than enough!

I have 1GB allocated to my DSM VM and look at the stats:

iUrPDSV.png

Uh, you mean shr1 not raid5, right?

no i do mean raid 5. I have 4 identical drives. Never digged in to what was better raid or shr...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHR is Synology's custom RAID.

SHR-1 is equal to RAID5.

SHR has the ability to use different size disks and expand to later added disks

Forgive me if already answered, just started looking into using Xpenology to upgrade to a higher capacity level than my current 2 disk synology nas, the Q1900/Q1900DC seem very enticing due to their low power consumption, however I'm ultimately hoping to go to a 6 disk configuration to maximize available space while retaining redundancy as well. Is there a pci-e add-in card that will facilitate allowing Xpenology to utilize 6 disks in a RAID configuration w/o conflict, or will you pretty much be limited to 4 disks using this board considering that the mobo also has only limited sata power outs (DC ver)?

Thanks for any advice :smile:

Forgive me if already answered, just started looking into using Xpenology to upgrade to a higher capacity level than my current 2 disk synology nas, the Q1900/Q1900DC seem very enticing due to their low power consumption, however I'm ultimately hoping to go to a 6 disk configuration to maximize available space while retaining redundancy as well. Is there a pci-e add-in card that will facilitate allowing Xpenology to utilize 6 disks in a RAID configuration w/o conflict, or will you pretty much be limited to 4 disks using this board considering that the mobo also has only limited sata power outs (DC ver)?

I got exactly the same question;

Planning to build a Xpenology machine, based on all your good recommendations here.

- Can the Q1900itx-DC also work with 2 extra HDDs with a mini PCI-e expansion card? Does that also work power wise from connection perspective?

-Can the DC version power the board and 6 HDDs from Watt point of view?

- I'm very much interested in the Coolermaster 120. It can deal with 3 3,5inch Hdds and has an 5,5 inch expension bay. Could I buy brackets to place 2 other 3,5 inch HDDs in the PSU gap (since that will not be used by a PSU, due to DC version and external supply)?

I got exactly the same question;

Planning to build a Xpenology machine, based on all your good recommendations here.

- Can the Q1900itx-DC also work with 2 extra HDDs with a mini PCI-e expansion card? Does that also work power wise from connection perspective?

-Can the DC version power the board and 6 HDDs from Watt point of view?

- I'm very much interested in the Coolermaster 120. It can deal with 3 3,5inch Hdds and has an 5,5 inch expension bay. Could I buy brackets to place 2 other 3,5 inch HDDs in the PSU gap (since that will not be used by a PSU, due to DC version and external supply)?

I have an issue.

Bios 1.40. Serial and Parallel ports disabled. Intel USB 3.0 and Legacy Support Enable.

XPEnoboot on bare metal, DSM 5.1-5022 Update 4.

Pen Drive connected to an USB 2.0 port: it works.

Hard Disk USB 2TB 3.5" with external power supply, connected to an USB 2.0 port: it works.

Pen Drive connected to an USB 3.0 port: it works.

Hard Disk USB 2TB 3.5" with external power supply, connected to an USB 3.0 port: it dosn't work.

I salvaged a 4-lane PCI-E raid-card at my work, which I have tryed in my bare-metal setup with the Q1900-ITX motherboard...

I where able to use all 4 sata ports on the motherboard AND the 4 sata ports on the raid card for a total of 8 working sata ports...

I only had to mod the 1-lane PCI-E slot, by opening the end with a drill..

pics of the motherboard with the installed raidcard : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/151 ... d4sata.jpg

pics of the modded PCI-E slot : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/151 ... aneMod.jpg

I salvaged a 4-lane PCI-E raid-card at my work, which I have tryed in my bare-metal setup with the Q1900-ITX motherboard...

I where able to use all 4 sata ports on the motherboard AND the 4 sata ports on the raid card for a total of 8 working sata ports...

I only had to mod the 1-lane PCI-E slot, by opening the end with a drill..

pics of the motherboard with the installed raidcard : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/151 ... d4sata.jpg

pics of the modded PCI-E slot : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/151 ... aneMod.jpg

Very nice !!!

Thanks for your experience! :grin:

im unsing this card http://www.amazon.co.uk/Syba-SATA-Controller-Profile-Brackets/dp/B00AZ9T3OU

Hi guys,

Yesterday I got a new asrock q1900 itx it's got 2gb ram and a 500gb hard drive installed.

Installed dsm 5.1 update 4 all went well.

Left it on overnight to see if it's stable and upon login in I say lots of improper shutdowns in the notifications window.

it seems it happens every 24 mins give or take, I checked hi inaction and that is set at 20 mins.

I just stayed on the looking around and it remained on, I set hi inaction to 10 mins logged out logged in 15 mins later and it had reported improper shutdown.

Any pointers,

One other thing I noticed was the bios clock is a hour behind and won't accept the correct time upon reboots.

Hi,

Is there any possibility to create a custom sh or any available package to control the fan speed?? I've got spectre pro pwm but I cannot use them in my mobo. So I would like to create a custom sh to control fans. Is there any way to do that??