XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

Still trying to optimize my network speed. It's still only going as fast as 50MB/s to 60MB/s to write. Right now the Xpenology on hyper-v is running SHR with 2 disk. I tried lan speed test and still yields about 400-500mbps only.

In DSM settings, it shows as HALF-DUPLEX under lan. Any reason why this wont show up as a full-duplex?

There's also another issue of the transfers seeing a saw-tooth pattern, high then low then high over and over. The follow transfer was done on host machine to hyper-v Xpenology from SSD to the SATA 6tb shr (mirror with 1 disk).

s8bu5he.jpg

Edited by Guest

Hello, i built a xpenology with a asrock q1900dc, and if i create a power schedule, when the poweroff time arrives, i can see a "system is going to shutdown" message. But after that, nothing happens, the system don't poweroff and i have to reset it with the power button. Do you know if is possible to schedule a poweroff/poweron?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

Hello, i built a xpenology with a asrock q1900dc, and if i create a power schedule, when the poweroff time arrives, i can see a "system is going to shutdown" message. But after that, nothing happens, the system don't poweroff and i have to reset it with the power button. Do you know if is possible to schedule a poweroff/poweron?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

I autoresponse. With the "advanced power manager" package i can schedule a poweroff/on perfectly. I don't know why the integrated function doesn't work, but now is not a problem. :grin:

Can anyone help with wol on this mobo?

I got WOL working by permanently editing the GRUB command line. After editing it looks like this:

kernel /zImage ihd_num=0 netif_num=4 syno_hw_version=DS3612xs sn=xxxxxxxxxx mac1:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=0 vga=0x305 rmmod=r8169 insmod=r8168

Some posts before...

Can anyone help with wol on this mobo?

I got WOL working by permanently editing the GRUB command line. After editing it looks like this:

kernel /zImage ihd_num=0 netif_num=4 syno_hw_version=DS3612xs sn=xxxxxxxxxx mac1:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx vid=0x0EA0 pid=0x2168 loglevel=0 vga=0x305 rmmod=r8169 insmod=r8168

Some posts before...

Thanks a lot, i try it but not works. I think is a problem with my router. Anyway i think is not a problem for me, i can live without WOL. :grin:

Hi,

I finally bought a Asrock Q1900DC.

My setup:

ASRock Q1900dc-ITX

Power adapter 90W

RAM : 4GB (1DIMM)

2x3TB WD RED

Windows 8.1 Pro on a WD Black 2,5" 7200tr/min (not my first choice, but impossible to boot on USB 3.0 stick Windows To Go, i don't know why ...)

Nanoboot with VMware Workstation 11, RAM : 1,5GB

2xTB WD RED setup in SATA / physical drive

RAID 0 With DSM

Ethernet cables are 5e

Zyxel EMG2926 router

It works.

I can use it for both HTPC (important for me) and NAS.

But when I write on NAS (W7 PC, Gigabit, with SSD ==> NAS, big file >5GB) speed is "only" ~ 60MB/s (max 70). HTPC not "active" of course.

NAS ==> PC : 30MB/s

I tried with 2 PCs W7, same result.

(With 1 disk, PC==NAS, speed is 50-55MB/s

NAS ==> PC, 30MB/s)

I tried this command :

time dd if=/dev/zero of=/volume1/bigfile bs=64k count=65536

Result : 15,37s ==> 266,5 MB/s

and

time dd if=/volume1/bigfile of=/dev/null

Result : 15,91s ==> 257,5 MB/s

I really don't understand why speeds are so slow with SMB...

Does anyone have an idea?

Bad setup in VMware ?

Router ?

Thanks for your help !

EDIT : same results (exactly) with FTP

Hello, sorry for OT, but I would like to ask

Should I choose ASROCK Q1900DC-ITX or ASROCK Q1900M? (I already have a compatible 4.75A AC charger)

I want to use 3-4 HDD and wonder what is preferable.

Alternatively, how powerful PicoPSU would you recommend to me for 4 older HDD? I worry about spinning disks on startup. 80W? 120W? Thank you!

Hi all,

I have a q1900dc in use for a couple of months and the last days I am getting big issues. I have 2 wd red 3tb drives attached and the drives will drop into a crashed state. when I reboot all is fine again, the DSM does some cheking and all files are accessable again. this morning I did a s.m.a.r.t test to see if it was the drives, and one of the drives during that process went into crashed state again.

can this be a drive issue or a motherboard issue, and how do I find out which it is?

thanks

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

This is my first post on the forum.

I want to install DSM on my Q1900DC-ITX board. I do not know which version is the best? What better gnoboot or nonoboot. I want a stable system of DSM.

Please check the links at download or write the files (versions) are needed. Xpenology never installed, and only now learning. Please help me. I sorry for my language.

Thanks and regards

Hello all,

Now my Fractal Node 304 and Q1900DC with 4 WD RED 2TB HDD in SHR powered by ASUS 120W powerbrick works perfectly, it is silent and cool. I'm satisfied with the performance as well. Current situation:

Any chance you can post some pictures or detail how you connected the power brick? I am trying to decide between the Q1900 or Q1900DC. Did you drill a hole in the case for the power jack?

I'm building a small 2 drive system and the "DC" version is very appealing. I'd ideally like to get a cheap $30-40 case but have no idea what to do with the 'psu' hole in the back.

Thoughts/Ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

-john

I recently got one of these boards, and I've read in an earlier post that you can use an mSATA SSD through the PCI-e slot on the board. I'm just wondering how that works - do you need any additional drivers or will it just be picked up at installation time automagically?

Presumably the BIOS doesn't recognise it in any way?

Any experiences from someone who has done this about how they did it would be appreciated,

Thanks!