XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

Hello Schnapps , I will follow , knowing that you have hyperv , and the dsm are virtualizzed.

I have real dsm (bare metal) and I installed php virtualbox .

If I put a pen drive on nas see how the pen drive on the host os ?

thanks for the reply

FyXmXYl.jpg

YaP6jZB.jpg

Ps. sorry for my english ...

Activate remote desktop on that VM and connect to it remotely.

Hello all,

I would like to thank for the community all of the help which I found on this site.

Now my Fractal Node 304 and Q1900DC with 4 WD RED 2TB HDD in SHR powered by ASUS 120W powerbrick works perfectly, it is silent and cool. I'm satisfied with the performance as well. Current situation:

- USB ports working without any problem

- MAC changed to mobo MAC

- Serial changed to another fake serial (is serial used for something?)

- OS handled scheduled power on/off works

- Wake On LAN working (remote Wake Up still not tried)

- Added some community package sources

- Many hours "burned" :smile:

My only headache is the Plex with Apple TV, unfortunately still not working, but I hope I will find a solution there as well (I can not install the certificate on Apple TV).

Thanx again,

nj

Hi,

Is it possible to list what works and what doesn't works in this mobo?

I offer myself to put the info all together to help newbies (myself included) to know more info about this awesome mobo. Somethin like this:

Motherboard version:

BIOS:

RAM:

HDD:

1.-

2.-

3.-

4.-

Now my experiences:

Motherboard version: Q1900-ITX

BIOS: 1.40

RAM: 1x4GB

HDD: 3x2TB

1.- DSM 5.0-4493 works ok, except some ramdon error with lan that causes freezes (http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5101)

2.- Xenserver 6.5: unable to install

3.- Vmware esxi 6.0 beta: unable to install, it seems that if you install it on another machine with Nvidia gpu, and then put the hdd in Q1900 it works, I haven't try this.

4.- Opensuse 13.2: Install ok, but no lan. Must compile new drivers for realtek lan

1.- DSM 5.0-4493 works ok, except some ramdon error with lan that causes freezes (http://xpenology.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5101)

Hello,

not exactly the same issue but... I have a PC running Win7 and Hackintos Yosemite. On Win7 everything was OK, but under Yosemite when I copied files with File Station I experienced freezing of OSX. But Xpenology (5.0 4528 Update 2) had no problem. Copying with OSX file manager was smooth, no problems at all.

For me the solution came once I solved the Wake On LAN problem with driver downgrade (see page 24 of this topic). Maybe it can help for you as well....

nj

Add one drive, expand array, add another disk, and wait for array to expand.

It's pretty simple but it needs a lot of patience as it takes up to several days, depending on how big the disks are and how much data there is in the existing array

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question for you gents and ladies,

I just got my second 6TB drive, originally running 1x Segate 6TB in single disk mode within XPEnology under windows 2012 R2 hyper-v. Now I got a second 6TB drive and added it successfully. Now I am in the process of expanding the volume with SHR. How long does it take to do this volume? because I've waited about 24hrs already. What is the proper math to calculate this?

It's currently hooked up to my PCI-e SATA II card (yep II) and not the Asrock Q1900-ITX mobo SATA (reserving it for my SSD and what not).

Quick question for you gents and ladies,

I just got my second 6TB drive, originally running 1x Segate 6TB in single disk mode within XPEnology under windows 2012 R2 hyper-v. Now I got a second 6TB drive and added it successfully. Now I am in the process of expanding the volume with SHR. How long does it take to do this volume? because I've waited about 24hrs already. What is the proper math to calculate this?

It's currently hooked up to my PCI-e SATA II card (yep II) and not the Asrock Q1900-ITX mobo SATA (reserving it for my SSD and what not).

Depending on how much data you have on that initial disk, it might take days for a full 6TB drive :smile:

Just make the following calculations:

50MB/s (worst case scenarion) * 3600 (/hour) you get 180.000MB/h (175GB/h) then you divide the actual occupied space from your 6TB drive to 175 :smile:

So (if my math skills aren't somehow failing) to expand 5TB of data to a second drive, it would take at a 50MB/s data copy speed about 29h :smile:

It could be more than that anyhow so be patient :ugeek:

It's currently hooked up to my PCI-e SATA II card (yep II)

SATA II is more than enough for spinning disks. That's a measly 3Gbps interface that translates into 375MBps so far beyond any spinning disk possibilities which don't even hit 200MBps :mrgreen:

Keep those SATA-III interfaces free for other stuff (SSD) like you already did and don't worry. :cool:

Yes, just followed the instructions on xpenology.nl After first install, a syslog error, but that is gone after the next reboot. Volumes and programms intact! Don't know about wol, because i don't use it. But i have to say that i'm running xpenology within vmware workstation on a linuxbox. Even installed latest update. Scared the hell out of me because my volume was gone, but that was also fixed after a reboot. Keep in mind to use ide disks, because scsi isn't supported (yet)....

Anyone upgraded his AsrockQ1900 ITX NAS from DSM 5.0-4528 tot 5.1 yet?

If so, any problems?

The problem with the volume missing after 24 hours is fixed right?

Running 5.1 bare metal on my Q1900 without issue, only bug I have come across is the expansion issue which has been mentioned in other threads. Been running for a week or two now and no missing volumes.

Hello everyone. anyone have updated bios to 1.4 ? there are problems with the wake on lan or the 5.1 ?

thank you

Running latest bios, also without issue though as I have my DS on 24x7 I haven't tried WOL yet.

Hey.

New, Swedish guy here.

I running 5.1 5022 on a Asrock q1900 in a Node 304 case (thanks for the inspiration Schnapps :smile: ) and it's not very stable at all. It time-outs when trying to access files, time machine backup fails, download station won't accept magnet links..

At the same time I can access the GUI so the box isn't completely dead. Also it comes back to life for a short while, only to "hang" again. Running bare metal with latest bios on a q1900-ITX, Corsair 600W, single WD RED 3TB, 2GB PC3-8500.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Hey.

New, Swedish guy here.

I running 5.1 5022 on a Asrock q1900 in a Node 304 case (thanks for the inspiration Schnapps :smile: ) and it's not very stable at all. It time-outs when trying to access files, time machine backup fails, download station won't accept magnet links..

At the same time I can access the GUI so the box isn't completely dead. Also it comes back to life for a short while, only to "hang" again. Running bare metal with latest bios on a q1900-ITX, Corsair 600W, single WD RED 3TB, 2GB PC3-8500.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Can your psu handle such low loads? If not the system can get very unstable. With 3 WD RED 4TB, 4GB Ram, my system draws 17w at idle and 33W during normal load. I'm using a Silverstone 300W 80+ Bronze psu.

Thanks Rockfire.

The system was would crash completely I think if the voltage wasn't stable. It's a quality PSU so I think it's ok. It's been a nightmare getting this system up and running: it took 4h just to realise that an ethernet port on the router was bad, another 4h to find the bad SATA cable (shame on you Asrock). Install, upgrade, downgrade...

What made it work was to disable everything not used by a Synology Nas in BIOS. In hindsight it makes sense...

It's been rock solid for 14h and 1TB of transfers now.