XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

"HI nickjames,

I have the case you're asking about.

The back of the case has a fan switch controller. It takes a molex 4 pin power to feed it. and in the controller has 3 connectors for your case fans. So all you really need is 1 4pin molex from your PSU and just plug the case fans into the controller. Easy. "

But Asrock Q1900DC is a 19V power brick powered mobo, so I have no PSU.... This is my headache.

Hi everyone,

I was thinking if it's possible to use the XPE on a hyper-v as a classic NAS and another virtual machine installed that can use the hdmi port to have such a htpc.

Do you have any suggestion about how to use this mobo for both of this use?

To @AxlxA did you edit the settings from windows server 2012 or directly on XPE? Just to know regarding your speed values, how many HD have you installed on your system? Are you using the passtrought?

But Asrock Q1900DC is a 19V power brick powered mobo, so I have no PSU.... This is my headache.

Hooking up all the fans will be overkill. The 140 hooked to the case fan plug on the MB should be plenty of air flow.

I have the rosewill v6 and only a 140 mm fan and my temps are fine.

Hi everyone,

I was thinking if it's possible to use the XPE on a hyper-v as a classic NAS and another virtual machine installed that can use the hdmi port to have such a htpc.

Do you have any suggestion about how to use this mobo for both of this use?

To @AxlxA did you edit the settings from windows server 2012 or directly on XPE? Just to know regarding your speed values, how many HD have you installed on your system? Are you using the passtrought?

My edits were done in Windows Server 2012 R2's NIC settings.

I have only 1 harddrive for now, but the transfers were done with iperf AND to both window's server and XPEnology. Server resides on a OCZ Arc 100 240gb SSD and the XPE resides on passthrough seagate 6tb hdd.

Hooking up all the fans will be overkill. The 140 hooked to the case fan plug on the MB should be plenty of air flow.

I have the rosewill v6 and only a 140 mm fan and my temps are fine.

You must be right. This is not a gamer system, it won't generate too much heat. Thanx!

nickjames

XPEnoboot didn't work for me. I was able to get to the update/migrate option, loaded all the drivers/modules and on login prompt.

Tried launching syno asistant and I get for Status: Configuation lost

I am using harddrive passthrough... wonder why I'm failing.

Ah figured out why it wasn't worked. SCSI hyper-v hdd's is not supported. Tried setting it to IDE but still no go. I have revert back to DSM 5.0 update 2 after a series of reboot and reinstalls. Thank god my data is intact.

Hi!

Does anyone knows if I can use a mSata on the mini pci slot of the Q1900-ITX board?

Thx..

If you'd have the curiosity to check all posts in this thread, you'd find really nice stuff, more than you asked for.

Briefly, yes you can use it but for a SSD but it's too damn expensive as you'd need a mSATA half-size one.

You can buy for 5$ from ebay a mSATA to SATA adapter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did someone manage to install ESXi on this platform?

For somehow the installer hangs @Relocating modules and starting the kernel.

It works but you need to install ESXi with a GPU attached to the MoBo or to install ESX on another PC with a GPU (preferably Nvidia) and after finishing, just plug in the hdd with ESX in your nas

Schnapps - You are the reason why I went Asrock Q1900-itx/windows/xpenology as hyper-v. =p

So far running beautifully. Now i'm thinking maybe I should use this as an HTPC as well since I have trouble streaming to TV through chromecast, ps4 app, or even the samsung tv app(slow as a snail with 30 sec GUI loading)

Schnapps - You are the reason why I went Asrock Q1900-itx/windows/xpenology as hyper-v. =p

So far running beautifully. Now i'm thinking maybe I should use this as an HTPC as well since I have trouble streaming to TV through chromecast, ps4 app, or even the samsung tv app(slow as a snail with 30 sec GUI loading)

Try to search for Shuttle’s XS36V4. I got it at work as a thin client and it's frickin amazing as a HTPC. Using the same J1900 platform but really really slim and small. I love it!

Uh, cheap too. ~200€

You might want to just go over your settings. I have the q1900dc and have no problems casting to my chromecast. I do get some funny lag/skips on my amazon fire stick but that seems like a known issue.

You might want to just go over your settings. I have the q1900dc and have no problems casting to my chromecast. I do get some funny lag/skips on my amazon fire stick but that seems like a known issue.

(plex)

I can cast 1 stream at 1080p, but when I want to run more than 1 transcodes (we own 2 ipads, 1 chromecsat, and a nexus 7 (and galaxy s4 and note 3). I just want to make it so it wont have to transcode. Also I hate it when it transcodes, it loses the original quality, even when it supposedly transcodes only audio stream, and direct stream the video - i can still tell there's a difference. I've tested this with samsung's smart-tv app (zero transcode) and force transcode like chromecast, ps4 app, or forced transcode by using embedded subtitles. I think when it comes to a tv client, best is probably a simple low powered HTPC. Like schnapps said, that thin client looks good, and I'd probably go for something a little cheaper @ same size.

I have many 1080p in remux that's why the bitrate is so high.

Also started to look into openelec/kodi with some plex plugin.

Great AxlxA, if you will be able to find how to use the hdmi to a gui such xbmc please keep me update, I tried a lot without success. Maybe with hyper-v would be possible!

I am running windows server 2012 as my main/host OS. So if i wanted to plug it in, it'd just do without any issue. What host are you running?

I dont think anyone has been successful at ESXi on this mobo. I may be wrong though. That is why I went the Windwos Server 2012 R2 route.

I have installed Proxmox on the platform, which runs fine, but the usb pass through doens't work as good like Vmware does.

Xpenolgy on the other hand runs flawlessly as guest in Proxmox.

Does anyone know why ESXi can't be installed? Is it the "onboard" video that is aborting the installation of ESXi like Schnapps said in his reply?

Hi All...

today I have rekindled my q1900 to test virtualbox on our main board ..

truth be told a few days ago I tried in every way to install dsm 5.1 but the next day appeared the classic problems

however , returning to virtual box

Works great ..

I managed to virtualize windows 7 in the nas .

Who of you have already installed ? How gets to mount the pen drive in os ?

Edited by Guest

Who of you have already installed ? How gets to mount the pen drive in os ?

I have about 10 machines in my home-lab on that Q1900 host, on a 480 GB SSD drive and they're running fine.

USB devices (but not just USB) get mapped from the physical client to the virtual machine when connecting via RDP, so check your RDP settings.

Hello Schnapps , I will follow , knowing that you have hyperv , and the dsm are virtualizzed.

I have real dsm (bare metal) and I installed php virtualbox .

If I put a pen drive on nas see how the pen drive on the host os ?

thanks for the reply

FyXmXYl.jpg

YaP6jZB.jpg

Ps. sorry for my english ...