XPEnology Community

Asrock Q1900-ITX/Q1900DC-ITX

Hi everyone!

I just bought a Q1900-ITX with a 3TB WD Red, I installed everything but I saw that the system doesn't recognize all 4 cores of the cpu, just 2 of them!

Is there any fixing or it's just a problem of the DMS which is not properly showed? Are they used anyway or not? Is there any way to check about it specially during the transcoding?

Last question, i still not tryied if the hdmi is working, someone tried it out already?

Hi everyone!

I just bought a Q1900-ITX with a 3TB WD Red, I installed everything but I saw that the system doesn't recognize all 4 cores of the cpu, just 2 of them!

Is there any fixing or it's just a problem of the DMS which is not properly showed? Are they used anyway or not? Is there any way to check about it specially during the transcoding?

Last question, i still not tryied if the hdmi is working, someone tried it out already?

all 4 cores are working. what you see in the gui is just a hardcoded information from the original Synology DS3612 product

Hi everyone!

Yes I have the same board and everything works perfectly.

Hi,

Good news, I solved my USB problem by going in the BIOS and put "Enabled" instead of "Automatic" on the USB 3.0

For the rest, everything was already configured like fufik65 suggested

+1

DSM couldn't detect any device, now it's working great :smile:

Worked for me too!

Thanks.

what version are you guys running because i stil have some issues losing network connectivity after pushing data towards my nas. If i connect a usb keyboard i can login and reboot the nas but it is still strange. also data tranfser does not go any faster then 60 mb/s.

my config is Nanoboot-5.0.3.2 DSM 5.0-4493 X64 with DSM 5.0-4493 Update 7, on a Q1900-ITX with two wd red 1tb in shr and one 3tb wd red.

This problem only occurs on file transfers from and to the nas.

I'm using nanoboot 5.0.3.2 with DSM 5.0-4493 Update 7 on Hyper-V 2012R2 and everything is working wonderful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Hyper-V support something equivalent to the ESXi Raw Disk Mapping function?

Are you able to pass through SMART data through the hypervisor to the DSM OS?

Running XBMC and Xpenology simultaneously. Installed Linux on a SSD with XBMC standalone. However Xpenology is running in VMWare Workstation. Disk (sata WD) directly passed through to the virtual machine running Xpenology. Disk was first running on the same hardwarebox with gnoboot usb boot disk. Migration was plug and play. All settings remaind including my data. However have no disk spindown active. Does not work because of the installed programms within Xpenology (syslog, database, webserver etc) Configured the vm to run with 2 cpu's. In XBMC i even connect to the Xpenology share for my content.

im not sure, i use xbmc on another machine but i have perfomance issues with NFS playback from my hyper-v config. This is driving me nuts, first issues on bare metal, now performance issues on hyper-v. hardware is tested and all ok, im not sure where to look anymore. Going to look to alternatives like FreeNas etc.

thx k! that is interesting i would have hoped for more, do you mind sharing the disk-sizes and types for that transfer?

was it like a) SSD --> 4 Tb SATA or more like b) 1 Tb SATA --> 2 Tb SATA, just to get a feeling as i would think that a) should give more speed than b)

Any particular reason for not using the onboard chip,e.g. is the onboard weak? or you wanted a proper nic.. :smile: